Sign in to follow this  
23-down

C&C95 1.6 feedback

Fantastic game enhancement.. I've just found it today and already tried it out & I love it...

It's a nice thing not to have to insert the cd as a change...

The new features - music & official Westwood missions from N64 & PSX just rock

(Even when I think that they are a way to easy and should be rebalanced! I mean a mouse person is just faster than a guy with a joystick and therefore the CPU is really slow in attacking and building.)

It's also funny to see those new low def videos..

And it's godlike that you've included the huge video addon (finally uncut videos - I'm owner of the german version.)

However I noted that you forgot to implement several Covert Ops Videos.

You forgot to insert the following files within your video addon: For example: blackout.vqa , bodybags.vqa , inferno.vqa , iontest.vqa. There could be probably more not sure. Those were used in several covert ops missions As briefings or lose videos.

So far I'm really impressed with this pack it really seems like C&C95 isn't crashing that often anymore. The best thing of course is it to have a fully functional installer for XP, Vista, Win 7.

Negativ things:

I'm still playing in 640 resolution for 2 reasons.

1. Videos not working yet in right Resolution for 1024x768 did you find a solution yet?

2. I can't see my units anymore in that Res. ^^ :D

Another thing I noted is that after installing the game with the full 1.6 installer I can't install those new internet componnents required for your game version.

I'm receiving following error message:

QUOTE Datei kann nicht ausgeführt werden:

c:\users\plaplapla\appdata\local\temp\is-pc4vk.tmp\CnCNetRelease.exe

createprocess schlug fehl; code 2.

The system cannnot find the file specified.

So it can't find this cncnetrelease.exe why not? Do I need to download something else before installing your version? I want to play online. In all those years I never played C&C1 online due to firewalls the lack of a modem when ISDN times started etc.

I have downloaded the CnCNet.exe but it tells me Net\Server error - unable to contact.

Edited by 23-down

2. I can't see my units anymore in that Res. ^^

Well, that's a dumb reason.

I wasn't being serious, but I was just saying that was a dumb reason. :3

I wasn't being serious

I've learned people will always take you seriously unless you use a smiley.

That being said, it is a dumb reason... :P (<-Smiley usage!)

Good point Nm.

Yes, that is a very stupid reason. :)

Hehe alright people I edited a smiley into my previous post.. My bad I forgot that :P

But now enough of the spam here... It's a forum not a chatroom. :)

Edited by 23-down

Damn, Nyerguds needs to add the new CnCNet to 1.06, the CnCNet client will never work again, now it's just a dll file. :D

Just don't install CnCNet from the 1.06 install package, to get CnCNet go here: http://cncnet.cnc-comm.com/

:)

I think I'll release 1.06c pretty soon anyway -_-

I have installed the patch 1.06c over latest revision, but when I launch the game, only black screen apperar and I am done for, tried to install over clean install of the game, but it do not help, have WinXP Home, Gold version of the game... :mellow::huh: On 1.06br2 it work perfectly, so I have no idea what is going on... :worried: Switching back to 1.06br2...

//SOLVED ! :);)

Edited by Venom

Yeah, there was some problem with the first release. I think it was a combination of nocd mode not activating and the palette for the "please insert CD" being missing, but I'm not sure, since I seem to have fixed it without actually trying it out WITH a CD.

Either way, the issue was caused by a combination of faulty installer logic and me forgetting to copy some files from my test folder to the folder of files used to make the installer.

Anyway, yeah, it's fixed now.

HAIL NYERGUDS, the dark lord of the C&C95 :lol:

I'm just a player, hell yeah, we can't all be hackers, hehe!

I know this is kinda a noobish question... but will C&C95 ever be online compatible with GameRanger?

I mean is it possible to somehow implement it?

It would at least spark a new interest of many many players to do the CLASSIC again... Well at least to show

to the kids that the one of the RTS founding fathers is still alive and kickin' , in a major way thanks to you...

Anyway I wish you happy DLL's

HAIL NYERGUDS, the dark lord of the C&C95 :lol:

I'm just a player, hell yeah, we can't all be hackers, hehe!

I know this is kinda a noobish question... but will C&C95 ever be online compatible with GameRanger?

I mean is it possible to somehow implement it?

It would at least spark a new interest of many many players to do the CLASSIC again... Well at least to show

to the kids that the one of the RTS founding fathers is still alive and kickin' , in a major way thanks to you...

Anyway I wish you happy DLL's

As far as I know GameRanger is the people who decide what games they want to support. Also CnCNet works just fine.

Also note that you bumped a 1 year old topic, congratulations!

Edited by Tore

Hehe, thanks.

Yeah, I know GameRanger usually choose games on their own, but recently they had been issuing a couple of thanks to that guy and to that guy and to that guy and so on... The reason: Dear Mr. ''some super skill hacker patcher guy'' thank you for your great support and all your precious work in enabling this super cool old game classic to run on GR. So I just thought, maybe they sometimes contact some pro guys like Nyerguds and ask them to somehow implement gameranger support into the game. Anyways, it would be cool, true hardcore players will always find a way to play their favorite game online, GR is just so great for casuals.

P.S. I don't work for them :P just spending a lot of time there playing Worms ^_^

Problem that many on line games with smaller fan bases is that nobody wants to wait in a lobby for just that game for long periods of time. Game ranger can help with this, but it has competitors, so there still some chopping up. IMO if there was some sort of standard protocol, that would be best.

Anyways, for CnC, directly interfacing with the older games would be too hard for them to do directly. CnCNet's advanced methods are still changing, and intercepting the LAN, or even providing DLLs for the game, is probably to "invasive" for them to want to do themselves. However, if they could somehow communicate if CnCnet, that would be easy for them, and not split the player base for us. You should probably go to the CNCnet forums: http://www.cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?board=71.0 or IRC: #cnc-net at freenode.net to suggest that there.

Problem that many on line games with smaller fan bases is that nobody wants to wait in a lobby for just that game for long periods of time. Game ranger can help with this, but it has competitors, so there still some chopping up. IMO if there was some sort of standard protocol, that would be best.

Anyways, for CnC, directly interfacing with the older games would be too hard for them to do directly. CnCNet's advanced methods are still changing, and intercepting the LAN, or even providing DLLs for the game, is probably to "invasive" for them to want to do themselves. However, if they could somehow communicate if CnCnet, that would be easy for them, and not split the player base for us. You should probably go to the CNCnet forums: http://www.cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?board=71.0 or IRC: #cnc-net at freenode.net to suggest that there.

CnCNet v3 is now launched. There are a new lobby now. Just hope that they fixed the linux support... Otherwise i gonna blame Irony, 'case hifi was doing everything right this time :D

CnCNet v3 is now launched. There are a new lobby now. Just hope that they fixed the linux support... Otherwise i gonna blame Irony, 'case hifi was doing everything right this time :D

YEA!! funny I was reading the front page earlier today, and thinking "hmm when is it going to leave beta?"