Sign in to follow this  
Nmenth

Features

I occasionally come across some old topics here that mention articles that were written several years ago, some I'd like to read, but no longer seem to exist.

Is there any sort of Features archive that still houses these relics or have they been permanently lost to time?

The articles was dropped a while ago because were the Articles section grinded to a complete halt and was never updated. But I do have them all backed up on my external hard drive. I have plans to restore them soon. When they do come back the links in old news posts will still be broken because structure of the main site has changed around since they were written/published.

As long as I can still find them somewhere... ;)

Now, during this slow period, is the perfect time to bring back some of the thoughts people had 3 or 4 years ago.

It took me a while but the article section has been restored to the main site. You can find it here http://www.cncnz.com/features/articles/. As mentioned before, there will be broken links from the old forum posts, but it should be easy to find them from the restored main index.

The new link structure for the articles is like this http://www.cncnz.com/features/articles/2007/0207/, the old links were http://www.cncnz.com/features/articles/020707.php (some ended in .shtml) so you be able fix them as needed.

Looks good. :)

How about old fan fiction, can that be restored too?

We can fix the broken links from the old forum posts right?

How about old fan fiction, can that be restored too?

I'll search through my back ups and see what is there. From memory there were only 2 or 3 stories though. Probably not worth it. As I said before some sections got the chop back 2007/2008 because they were no longer updated.

We can fix the broken links from the old forum posts right?

If you want to fix them go right ahead ;)

I found one by BWare that sounded interesting...

Normally, I am not big into fan fiction, but the comments on it seemed to indicate that it was pretty good.

If you want to fix them go right ahead ;)

All fixed now :thumbsup: ..

I found one by BWare that sounded interesting...

Normally, I am not big into fan fiction, but the comments on it seemed to indicate that it was pretty good.

Searched through some more back ups. Found the old fan fiction section. I've decided to not put them back on the site but you can download a zip archive of the whole thing below. The story you want is in there.

fanfic.zip

Inside the zip file are some .html and .pdf files.

Ahh, I remember that fanfic. Thanks for uploading it again Sonic :)