Sign in to follow this  
keithktam

hi, i need somone straighten out some time fact for me

Hi, i am planning to do a mod. But i need to get the facts of RedAlert universe right before moving on. So would like to ask a few questions.

I went to the command and conquer wiki and discovered a few "ChronoFacts", the first RedAlert Conflict was in the 50s started by stalin (with Einstein time intervention). but the wiki stated that the RA 2 started on 1972, now here the questions on science and technology... how many years in terms of S&T have advanced due to the time travel by Einstein and of course his intense involvement and contribution on S&T during the war? the reason i asked was because I saw they use modern computer during the first FMV of RA2, not the apple or IBM version in the 80's, but liked the one in the 90's with the big monitor and all. the second reason was because during the whole game, i saw no 70's cultural reference of america or GB, it felt more like late 80's with big champ on burger restaurant...

would be appreciated for any help. and would be grateful if those info can be backed by some official stuffs, you know what i mean ;)

Edited by keithktam

Realism, consistency, and attention to detail have never been significant in the C&C games, especially the Red Alert universe.

Westwood disappearing didn't exactly help make this trait better either...

I'm pretty sure most modders just invent their own logic rather than attempt to decipher the true intent behind the storylines.

RA2 is indeed the late 70s, not 80s. Being that this is a drastically altered timeline, don't worry about the lack of references.

Hi, i am planning to do a mod. But i need to get the facts of RedAlert universe right before moving on. So would like to ask a few questions.

I went to the command and conquer wiki and discovered a few "ChronoFacts", the first RedAlert Conflict was in the 50s started by stalin (with Einstein time intervention). but the wiki stated that the RA 2 started on 1972, now here the questions on science and technology... how many years in terms of S&T have advanced due to the time travel by Einstein and of course his intense involvement and contribution on S&T during the war? the reason i asked was because I saw they use modern computer during the first FMV of RA2, not the apple or IBM version in the 80's, but liked the one in the 90's with the big monitor and all. the second reason was because during the whole game, i saw no 70's cultural reference of america or GB, it felt more like late 80's with big champ on burger restaurant...

would be appreciated for any help. and would be grateful if those info can be backed by some official stuffs, you know what i mean ;)

Well it can be implied that when Einstein killed Hitler, he may have left a little package in his younger self's office which resulted in technology being decades ahead of its time. But that as of yet is an unproven theory, but its the only one I can think of.

The RA1 intro clearly shows that Einstein teleported back to 1946 as soon as he touched Hitler, and erased him from existence. I guess that the developers operated under the assumption that WWII hampered the development of science and technology, while, ironically, it was just the opposite in real life, in that each of the warring nations invested a lot of effort and resources in R&D of new technologies in the hopes that it would help them get an edge over the opponent.

Guest Stevie_K
The RA1 intro clearly shows that Einstein teleported back to 1946 as soon as he touched Hitler, and erased him from existence.

Does it? Clearly?

He shot himself on the 30. of April 1945

In the intro video from Red Alert, he is still a young man.

Does it? Clearly?

He shot himself on the 30. of April 1945

No, in 1946 Einstein travels back in time. He doesn't go back to 1946, but 1924.

Guest Stevie_K

I believe you wanted to quote MrFlibble and not me. If not, your post makes no sense as a reply to what I wrote.

Does it? Clearly?

After he shakes hands with Hitler, both are covered with the blueish "chrono effect" field, and immediately after Einstein is shown teleporting back to his lab in 1946, telling his assistant that "Hitler is out of play". Nothing to indicate that he made a stop to leave a message to his younger self or anything of that kind.

Not that this could not be retconned later though.

The young man in the the intro is Einstein's assistant. Einstein's face is not shown in the intro, but he is briefly seen from the back during the Landsberg 1924 sequence, balding and with grey hair. It is clearly the same person who is then shown in the video briefings, so he is not young.

I think you completely misunderstood D14810's post there, MrFlibble (or else I did, but I doubt it). He was pointing out your erroneous dates, as you said, "The RA1 intro clearly shows that Einstein teleported back to 1946", but he did not go back to 1946, he came from 1946. Hence, it does not clearly show that.

The "young man" he was referring to was young Hitler, not Einstein or his assistant. He (Hitler) was young in 1924, and would have already died by 1945.

I think you completely misunderstood D14810's post there, MrFlibble (or else I did, but I doubt it). He was pointing out your erroneous dates, as you said, "The RA1 intro clearly shows that Einstein teleported back to 1946", but he did not go back to 1946, he came from 1946. Hence, it does not clearly show that.

Ah, Now I get the source of the whole misunderstanding! What I meant by "teleported back to 1946" is that after eliminating Hitler, Einstein returned to his time, i.e.:

1) The intro starts in 1946, with the assistant setting up a camera to record the experiment.

2) Einstein sits on his paradox device's armchair and disappears in a flash.

3) He is teleported ("chronoported"?) to 1924 and shakes hands with Hitler,

4) Immediately after which both disappear in a flash, and then

5) The scene cuts back to the lab in New Mexico in 1946, where

6) Einstein reappears on the chair and tells his assistant that Hitler had been eliminated.

Basically, I was referring to (5) and (6) when I said that "Einstein teleported back to 1946 as soon as he touched Hitler, and erased him from existence", meaning that (if it's not clear enough) Einstein went back to 1946 immediately after he "erased" Hitler from existence while in 1924. From which I think it's reasonable to conclude that Einstein did not drop by his younger self while still in 1924 to leave information that would boost technological advancement in the following twenty-something years.

Hope everything is clarified now.

Edited by MrFlibble

After he shakes hands with Hitler, both are covered with the blueish "chrono effect" field, and immediately after Einstein is shown teleporting back to his lab in 1946, telling his assistant that "Hitler is out of play".

Actually he says "Hitler is out of the way" :P

Guest Stevie_K

Yeah Nmenth you know exactly what I mean :)