Sign in to follow this  
Nmenth

AI Cheats

Is there a way to give the AI a build time cheat so they can construct units faster? Human players of course can build multiple factories to get a build time bonus, but obviously with the AI duplicating units with multiple factories, they don't get that bonus (although I suppose you could call it a 100% build speed bonus).

Also, if the AI do have multiple factories, do they have to pay double the funding when duplicating units?

Finally, does Ares change or add to any of the AI cheats?

Hi Nmenth,

the AI will only pay for a tank once and still get one from every weapons factory.

Ares disables that behavior by default, thus AI players will build by the same logic as human players. This change can be reverted with the AllowParallelAIQueues= tag.

I'm not aware of any other setting to speed up AI base building or unit production.

Ares disables that behavior by default, thus AI players will build by the same logic as human players.

In other words, in Ares, two AI factories will build 1 unit at 180% speed?

I think it's rather 125% speed, if MultipleFactory=0.8 is set.

I think it's rather 125% speed, if MultipleFactory=0.8 is set.

I've never timed it or anything, but why would .8 = 125%? I assumed it worked like 1, 1.8, 2.2, 2.952, 3.3616...

Nevertheless, that isn't the point, the point is Ares makes the AI receive the same multiple factory bonus as humans, yes?

No, I don't think it does actually. It just doesn't allow them to get vehicles from every factory when they build one.

Well that makes it difficult to give the computer an advantage then.

Future Ares releases should include AI cheats, like the country modifiers, only for the AI.

I'm trying to find a better way to give the AI a bonus other than money, as they can't spend what they already have fast enough. Then one little spy by the human player and suddenly you have so much cash, you feel like you're playing on a noob map.

You can always opt to have Spies take fewer credits.

It doesn't really solve the problem, just sort of hides it.

The AI needs to cheat to be effective.

Of course, that is my problem, the AI doesn't get enough cheats.

IIRC the game calculates the build speed by the formula

SpeedFactory = MultipleFactory ^ (Factories-1)

1.00, 0.80, 0.64, 0.512, 0.4096, ... thus, 125%. a third one would result in 156,25%. This should apply for every player, AI and human. The only thing AllowParallelAIQueues= changes is the spawning of the units in multiple factories.

There once was a proposal to add some flags (issue #953). It didn't have many supporters and thus was suspeded for now. You may vote on the tracker to show your support or comment on the issue.

This should apply for every player, AI and human.

That would be nice, but I don't think it is a very good idea to code the AI to build multiple factories, even if they worked exactly like human players'.

There once was a proposal to add some flags (issue #953). It didn't have many supporters and thus was suspeded for now.

That doesn't only affect AI though, so I have no interest in that.

How would I submit my own proposal to the Ares team?

I think enabling more cheats for the AI would be useful to many more modders other than myself.

I do not see any "Report issue" option...

Ah, so registering is optional so long as I am already registered, is that it? :P

I registered, but when I click on "Submit Report", nothing happens. All required fields are filled in...

Hm, did you fill the fields properly, that is, with the values from the linked "How To" post?

And indeed, I forgot about a recent change so anons can't post any more... -_-

Edited by AlexB

So BuildSpeed= under [Easy], [Normal], and [Difficult] was what I was looking for... too bad it took so long to get my answer... :mellow:

So BuildSpeed= under [Easy], [Normal], and [Difficult] was what I was looking for... too bad it took so long to get my answer... :mellow:

I am sure it was you that said you didn't want to use Ares as its a cheaters way to mod lol. :huh:

I am sure it was you that said you didn't want to use Ares as its a cheaters way to mod lol. :huh:

It was, I do not like using Ares, but I know that my mod needs it. It is an unusual relationship we have. ;)

It was, I do not like using Ares, but I know that my mod needs it. It is an unusual relationship we have. ;)

Well if its something that gets the job done then I sure you become to love one another :P