Sign in to follow this  
Nyerguds

Command & Conquer '95 v1.06c Released

It's finally here... more than 2 years after the release of patch 1.06b, and almost a year after its last update revision.

Command & Conquer '95 v1.06c

cnc106b.png

The patch focuses mainly on expanding mission making and modding. Besides that, there are of course actual game fixes too though:

• The messed up colours problem on Windows Vista and Windows 7 has been fixed, by putting the game in DirectX compatibility mode.
  • The problematic Funpark mode has been removed, and, using the new mission making functions, the dinosaur missions have been added into the New Missions menu as two campaign launcher items, one for GDI and one for Nod.
  • Using the arrow keys on the main menu now lets you go through the options in the right order.
  • The damage percentage calculated on armour is no longer 255/256 when it should be 100%
  • The firing sound of the SAM site has been fixed.
  • The computer opponent can no longer capture your Advanced Communications Center.
There's a LOT more where that came from though. Here's a quick overview of the new mission making and modding features:
  • New mission options allow changing house colours, making a building type (un)capturable in just one mission, changing the sidebar logo, unlocking the multiplayer-only units, and a lot more.
  • The number of missions in the New Missions menu has been expanded from 79 items per side to 979 items per side (20-999).
  • The New Missions Menu now has a system to add multiple missions as one menu item, to be played as campaign.
  • The number of multiplayer maps has been expanded from 99 to 255.
  • An entire dynamic language changing system allows adding new languages to the game.
  • A new modding system allows mods to be launched by the game. This means a mod's files put in the game folder will not affect the game unless the game is specifically launched to use them.
  • As a start of the implementation of an ini-rules system, all music settings are now 100% ini-based.
As showcase of the new modding system, I'm re-releasing my C&C Meets Star Wars mod. For those who haven't seen it before, this mod does not change gameplay in any way; it just replaces all graphics and sounds in the game to become Star Wars themed. It also contains an entire playlist of Star Wars themed music.

cnc2sw.gif

The patch, its language packs, and the C&C2SW mod, can all be found here. Note that there is no full game download for 1.06c yet. It is of course perfectly possible to patch the full game install of 1.06b revision 2, which is still available on the site. At this moment, the French and German game readme files are also not yet available, but they will be added later.

Thanks! I'll be doing some updates on it soon though, to add the other-language readmes and stuff like that.

That is fixed by running CCSetup.exe and enabling the "Back buffer in Video memory" option.

However, since that option causes serious lag on some systems, I won't let the patch enable it by default.

Bah, looks like the installer had some logic problems...

For anyone who already downloaded it before this post, I'm afraid you'll have to download it again.

Sonic, can you mirror the new version?

For anyone who already downloaded it before this post, I'm afraid you'll have to download it again.

Can this be related to this problem which I have described here ?

:cc: http://forums.cncnz.com/index.php?showtopi...st&p=184263

Thanks.

//Okay, Nyer, it seems that the problem was in that corrupted installer, everything runs just fine now...:)

Edited by Venom

After installing the new version, it's working for me.

One small thing, though: I played the CO: Blackout mission and I can build something called "Ausbau" ("Upgrade") from the weapons factory. It is an invisible unit, costing $800.

Can confirm there's something called "Tiberium" in CO: Cloak and Dagger, too, along with the "Upgrade".

Edited by AlexB

I bet this patch is cumulative, right? Also is the music 100% full digital stereo?

One small thing, though: I played the CO: Blackout mission and I can build something called "Ausbau" ("Upgrade") from the weapons factory. It is an invisible unit, costing $800.

Same thing here while playing NOD CO mission C&C: Under Siege, under recon bike is a strange unit named "Upgrade" and also something called "Tiberium"...I wonder what is that, some experimental things or new units construction tests...? :huh:

Edited by Venom

Since you've reordered the 'New Missions' menu to make the official maps come before the fan-made ones, what are the new scenario numbers that we're allowed to use?

Done. CNCNZ.com mirror updated.

Same thing here while playing NOD CO mission C&C: Under Siege, under recon bike is a strange unit named "Upgrade" and also something called "Tiberium"...I wonder what is that, some experimental things or new units construction tests...? :huh:

I posted about it on CnC-Comm.

Can confirm there's something called "Tiberium" in CO: Cloak and Dagger, too, along with the "Upgrade".

Oh, you've got to be kidding me... I forgot to disable that?

lol. Well. Those units were some experiments for adding new units. They have no graphics or real settings though, so they won't be very useful. I'll make sure to disable them ASAP.

I bet this patch is cumulative, right? Also is the music 100% full digital stereo?

Nope. All of my releases patch any previous version of the game. And oh, the C&C music has always BEEN full digital mono. I can't magically make that stereo, as far as I know there are no converters to make stereo AUD files, and I don't even have a clue how I'd make the game play it as stereo anyway.

Yeah... the units are actually part of a mod I'm working on together with some other people. Their names are dummies, since I didn't add names for them in the strings file I just took some strings that WERE in it. Their other properties, like cost, weapon, speed etc are all dummies too. I still got loads of stuff to do before I can add 100% correctly working new units...

So yeah, I'll remove them in the next revision; seeing as they're enabled both in single play and multiplay, they would really unbalance things. I want to finish the modding system ASAP anyway.

And about that manual... you got someone to translate it to German already?

Ah, I haven't really looked into that yet. If you want to volunteer, that'd be awesome though.

Mind you, a lot of it is already translated in the 1.06b-r2 version, so obviously only the new stuff has to be translated. But despite that, there ARE some minor changes in existing items too, and these really shouldn't be ignored either. I'll make sure to make a comparison file which indicates which parts need updating.

---

Looking at the forgotten experimental units, and some other experiment concerning the nuke warhead that was left behind, I've decided to release a revision 1 patch to fix those issues. You can expect the revision to be released within a few days.

Since you've reordered the 'New Missions' menu to make the official maps come before the fan-made ones, what are the new scenario numbers that we're allowed to use?

Well, the first item is always 20, so you can just count them... it's possible I forgot to change the numbers for the PSX and N64 ones though, not sure. I'll check it when making revision 1. But you can always just start the last GDI and Nod one, and look which number they got in the main menu. Then you'll see where you should start.

Anyway, with numbers up to 999 available, what are you worried about, really? ;)

Any chance if the the C&C1 complete No-CD game installation pack will be released for v1.06c r1?

As for your response, Nyerguds:

And oh, the C&C music has always BEEN full digital mono. I can't magically make that stereo, as far as I know there are no converters to make stereo AUD files, and I don't even have a clue how I'd make the game play it as stereo anyway.

Have you asked Jonwil (who handles his CNC tools) about this? I tried googling for a solution to this, and the only relevant result is this: http://www.ehow.com/how_5980527_convert-wm...-aud-files.html

Edited by purplescrin

Any chance if the the C&C1 complete No-CD game installation pack will be released for v1.06c r1?

Yes. When I got time to sort it out.

Have you asked Jonwil (who handles his CNC tools) about this? I tried googling for a solution to this, and the only relevant result is this: http://www.ehow.com/how_5980527_convert-wm...-aud-files.html

That's not even the right aud format... WWAUD isn't a more universal format at all, it's proprietary, made only for Westwood's games.

nice, thank you!

btw, is there any way I can update the page here?

It seems more issues have arisen... I've decided to work with a system of exe hotfixes for now, until I can release a completely bug-free revision 2 patch.

That's what you get for rushing its release. :P