Sursion

New Tiberian Dawn campaign in the works

Don't make those missions too hard for players.

I was kind of worried about that. I want to make them hard, but still doable. So far, everything I've made, I myself have been able to complete. But since I made them, I guess I have an advantage at knowing all the map strategies.

Oh well. I'll release, and if people are having some problems, I'll patch and make the map a bit easier.

Update: I just created an entire map and the editor crashed (without saving). Apparently I'm not allowed to preset building health anymore (it let me do it fine in a previous mission). I'm pretty frustrated, it was a good design and took 2 hours >:(

Edited by Sursion

No, no, no! Please make them hard! I hate those soft missions where you have no fun at all beating them! If I don't need at least 3 restarts before beating it for the first time, it's not a good mission :P

(of course, once I've beaten it once it should naturally be easier to beat a second time because I figured out how to do it "right" ;))

And man, Olaf should REALLY release his update of XCC Editor. We've worked out a lot of the bugs. -_-

Hm. I've tried Attack Base and Attack units (used through team creation, not as a starting activity) and they still attack the northern most item (unless an enemy get's in their way). I'll try some more testing.

Anyways, I've thought up some more missions for the campaign, and I am now working on it once more! Release date should definitely be before October 26th.

It's different if you move them close to the enemy position first, using waypoints. Attack Base and Attack Units seem to scan for buildings / units around the location where the command is given, and if none are found, it reverts to the "first target on the map" logic used by Hunt, only, of the type they are assigned to attack.

It's different if you move them close to the enemy position first, using waypoints. Attack Base and Attack Units seem to scan for buildings / units around the location where the command is given, and if none are found, it reverts to the "first target on the map" logic used by Hunt, only, of the type they are assigned to attack.

Ah, thank you very much for that info. There are some missions I want them to attack my base and they just bugger off and start attacking my harvester way up north.

And what am I to do! Some people want easy, some people want hard XD. I'll just have to do a mix of both. My goal is about one restart each. Don't worry about too easy though. There are some missions even I had trouble with (One unit left with red health ftw :D).

Update: After much thought, I might be releasing one of the maps as a standalone mission. When I first made it (It was my 4th or 5th one) I thought it would fit, but after I began making more and getting deeper into the story, it's sort of out of place now. Do you guys want it? It's pretty hard and would be some good insight to what the campaign is like.

Edited by Sursion

HI Sursion,

Anything new on this project?