Sign in to follow this  
master412160

What would you do ?

Yesterday, thus Friday 8th of October, something bad happened.

In my class something happened. In the first hour of school we where in our own class room, then we moved to a other room for 2 hours. Now I was packing up some stuff a bit late then the others as second last person still in the other room, not the class room. And when I got to our class room I saw my class mates destroying some of the glass our door to our class room had.

The glass was like:

1098-1.jpg

Only no persons on it, and not that impressive. Just color glass, you sure know it from the glass in church or so.

There was already a little piece gone out of the window, and from there they removed the rest without cutting them self. Now you can put your entire hand through the door from that whole.

Then our teacher came opened the door and saw on the ground alot of glass pieces, so she asked who did it. Nobody answers, we say it happened before we got here. Then the teachers goes to get the director.

Who says that if the person or people who know who broke the glasss don't come and tell here before 5PM everyone of the class will have to pay for reparations.

Getting to the point that is bad

Next hour(s) the class mates ask questions, talk most of the time about the so called incident with the window. If the director can make us pay, when we didn't do it, etc...

Then we made 2 teachers belief we got a lesson from. That we are not guilty or some of us are not guilty of doing it. Because they say to here:

You where passing by while we where standing near the door and it was broke already. (something like that, I could not follow everything)

So in short they spoke and spoke to those 2 and they believed it. That we didn't do it. Our entire class, seriously! Told the teachers they didn't saw anything and told them it is a other person or group. While they where all looking or doing it just some time ago with the glass window.

Thus now those 2 teachers take it up for the class and go discuss with the director about it. While we are not Innocent but big time guilty.

4 people broke the glass, and we all did as they hoped. NOT tell the teacher or director they did it.

So my question:

What would you do ? If you where a class mate there and knew who did it.

Would you go and tell so you don't have to pay for something you didn't do. Or would you pay just because you don't have the energy to say it and prepare for the worst when your class mates find out you betrayed them.

The question is what do you value more; honesty or loyalty?

Friends come and go, especially ones that would let you share their guilt rather than confess. It is noble to take their blame, but it is not noble for them to let you.

The question is what do you value more; honesty or loyalty?

The same question.

That had reminded me with a very very funny and bad thing at the same time happend in my class (when I was there) years ago and if I told you what it was, you wont believe me...

Guest Stevie_K

If it really pains you, write an anomynous letter with a donation saying you are sorry and that it was you (without naming). You'll feel better at least.

You could also write in the letter that you are from another class or so.

I don't know. I've been into a lot of trouble back in school too ^_^

Don't tell it. Don't be a rat, everyone will hate you for it.

If it really pains you, write an anomynous letter with a donation saying you are sorry and that it was you (without naming). You'll feel better at least.

By the way he worded "Or would you pay just because you don't have the energy to say it" leads me to believe that his difficulty here is that he too passive. If that is the case, he would never go so far as to write a letter of false confession.

He seems to value his non-involvement more than his money, but is concerned that his non-involvement will force him into future scrutiny... which is involvement.

Don't be a rat, everyone will hate you for it.

Only the ones that actually did the deed. The innocents that are being made to share the blame will hate the vandals more than the rat.

Don't say anything, like Inferno said you don't want to be known as the school rat. As for them charging you, that's a hollow threat.

Don't lie. Lying is a great deal worse than anything else. Besides, this is high school. Nobody in the real world gives a **** if you were a 'rat' in high school.

Don't tell it. Don't be a rat, everyone will hate you for it.

You don't have to lie because of some bullies. If they really care about you all they have to apologize and fix what they have done but in fact they want you all to share the blame and pay for something you haven't done. But don't tell that by yourself, if the whole class didn't tell then don't tell..

But when they ask you (yourself) don't lie..

Bull****. Don't take the rap for something you had no part in doing. High school is full of idiots who think popularity means everything and that athletics is somehow useful. Believe me. The real world doesn't care if you were an athlete in high school, they don't care if you were the most popular kid in school... they might if you place honesty and integrity above everything else though.

Bottom line: be a man and tell the truth, even if it makes you unpopular. Take it from someone who lives IN the real world and not high school or college.

Only the ones that actually did the deed. The innocents that are being made to share the blame will hate the vandals more than the rat.

That's a little optimistic. The innocents will hate you too because they won't be able to trust you with anything anymore.

You don't have to lie because of some bullies. If they really care about you all they have to apologize and fix what they have done but in fact they want you all to share the blame and pay for something you haven't done. But don't tell that by yourself, if the whole class didn't tell then don't tell..

Oh, you definitely shouldn't do it for the "bullies".

Bull****. Don't take the rap for something you had no part in doing. High school is full of idiots who think popularity means everything and that athletics is somehow useful. Believe me. The real world doesn't care if you were an athlete in high school, they don't care if you were the most popular kid in school... they might if you place honesty and integrity above everything else though.

Bottom line: be a man and tell the truth, even if it makes you unpopular. Take it from someone who lives IN the real world and not high school or college.

You still have to survive college/high school you know. Ideals are nice, but without friends school can be quite a bitch.

That's a little optimistic. The innocents will hate you too because they won't be able to trust you with anything anymore.

Optimistic is not a word I would vey often use to describe my words. What I said was not optimism, it was logic... however, you may be right. Understanding human emotions is not my area of expertise.

Nevertheless, I side with DD, honesty is far too valuable to throw away for a few self-absorbed vandals.

True no one cares what you were like in high school, they're also not going to care about your stance in a insignificant dispute during this time. And sure you can look back and go, yeah I stood up for what I believed, you're also remember all those ****tards treating you like **** too.

So if you want to be ostracised and 'suffer' for a time then fine go ahead, in my opinion this is nothing to go pissing everyone else off with.

Understanding human emotions is not my area of expertise.

I love you guy. ^_^

True no one cares what you were like in high school, they're also not going to care about your stance in a insignificant dispute during this time.

No, but you will be shaping your morality. Every time you make a choice, it will have an effect on you.

Personally, I would sooner trust someone that is honest over someone that doesn't rat.

Look at it this way. Someone who is always honest will rat you out regardless whether you're a friend or not. Would you really consider someone like that a friend?

If I never do anything to be ratted out for, then there is no problem. I wouldn't consider someone who might lie to me to be a friend.

Look at it this way. Someone who is always honest will rat you out regardless whether you're a friend or not. Would you really consider someone like that a friend?

If you were my friend - you own up to the mistake and I wouldn't have to dob you in.

shrug...

I value honesty and integrity over popularity... and I chose my friends accordingly.

Lying reduces a person's self-respect and self-image.

If I see something bad happened that has nothing to do with me, I shut my mouth up until I am far away from the incident and then tell the authorities.

Sure I want my friends to be honest to me, but I don't give a **** whether they lie to other people or not, that's none of my business.

Well people the ending is quite impressive of the story in the OP. crazy actually, just yesterday I knew the complete story. Its to messy to explain but short version:

We didn't have to pay for the window thanks to a teacher who made the director belief it was a other person, group, noise of the next class, etc ... And because of that the director maybe didn't belief it but sure took it solid and told us nobody has to pay. And the school pays it the repairs. So basically we fooled a teacher who trusted us so hard to defend us while we are guilty still now.

We didn't have to pay for the window thanks to a teacher who made the director belief it was a other person, group, noise of the next class, etc ... And because of that the director maybe didn't belief it but sure took it solid and told us nobody has to pay. And the school pays it the repairs. So basically we fooled a teacher who trusted us so hard to defend us while we are guilty still now.

Which means you all lied to someone who trusted you..

Guest Stevie_K

Well.. The important here is that you all learned a lesson, that's why you go to school in the first place... right?

Well.. The important here is that you all learned a lesson

That you can get away with vandalism and dishonesty as long as you take advantage of people who trust you?

Guest Stevie_K
That you can get away with vandalism and dishonesty as long as you take advantage of people who trust you?

Sadly it seems so. Politicians do it every day.

Edited by Stevie_K