Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

New C&C Mentioned As EA Confirms Visceral Expansion Plans

In an article posted on NowGamer, where EA have outlined their plans for the expansion of the Visceral games label going global, a new Command & Conquer game has been confirmed that is in development. But it's still a long way off from being revealed.

The Visceral Games brand is going global says EA, and has multiple projects in the works

Yesterday we reported on news coming out of Canada that EA Montreal was set to become Visceral Montreal.

Now, Visceral Games general manager Nick Earl has confirmed the expansion plans. Speaking about the new structure of the EA Games label he told Gamasutra: "Inside the Games label, we went into a structure based on genres, where there are three group GMs - one for the MMO group, another manages the driving and first-person group, and I manage action and strategy."

"Action, to us, inside of the Games label and the company, really means third-person games. For us, we're talking about third-person action adventure games."

Earl also confirmed that Visceral has projects at each of its newly-branded studios.

"We've gone to this collaborative model, all under the umbrella brand of Visceral," he said. "Each of the franchises we have in development, from Dead Space 2, which is close to final, to some IP that are literally in ideation... has a distinct team, and that team is spread across three or four studios. We're not outsourcing or insourcing - we really look at it as collaborative development, where everyone is on equal playing ground."

The decision to do a Dante's Inferno sequel was recently revealed to be down to 'the powers that be' while a Jack the Ripper game was rumoured to be in development at the studio last year. Visceral will now work with EA Los Angeles, EA Montreal, EA's Shanghai studio and a new outfit in Melbourne, Australia.

Earl also confirmed that the next Command & Conquer was in the works and "pretty far out".

So the next Command & Conquer game is probably going to be released under the Visceral games label and could be a collaborative effort made at different EA/Visceral studios. This actually matches up with some rumours I've heard a few months ago. Click here for the original article.

I hope it's something brand new. A new saga to Command & Conquer. The Tiberium Saga is extremely lame and Red Alert is just too out of its mind. Generals 2 wouldn't be bad, but I want something brand ****ing new.

Sounds like its still a long way out till any kind of proper announcement.

Also, I want a C&C RPG. ^_^

Also, I want a C&C RPG. ^_^

Then go play C&C4.

That isn't an RPG, its a POS.

POS with RPG elements.

More like a Third Personal Shooter, if it's going to be made by Visceral then this is going to kick ass and chew bubblegum, they were the guys who made Dead Space, which is one of my favourite all time games, up to the point I ahve made wallpapers and a videoclip of it.

Yay... I guess. :mellow:

As long as it's an entirely new universe I'll be happy. That way I can ignore it if I want. ^_^

i smell disapointment in the future! when EA says the game is ""pretty far out". means old engine tweaked for a trillion time to try and make it a little smoother , and a new Mod just of it and a crappy story.

thats it. like cnc4 a mod-totall conversion to cnc3 or ra3 engine! nothing more nothing less.

when i see words like those ""pretty far out"." i am really think this is going to be the same old story again and again!

we need a brand new engine and brand new ideas! or thinks that didnt broke dont broke them! for gods name look what sc2 did! didnt reinvent the wheel just made it better!

a company that has no exp with RTS will do what? make an RTS? oh boy! :rolleyes:

i among millions hope deep inside that we will see a better CnC future! we are willing to give everything and help on that direction us many of us did in the past,

i reallly hope this will be the rebirth of CnC but i really dought about it! :(

we have been disappointed so many times in the past its hard to go on believing....(even most of the cnc fan sites are closed or abandoned!)

Edited by Johnnyxp64

Guest Stevie_K

oooH! Yeah.

Finally!, I've been waiting for something like this for a very long time.

"far out" doesn't sound good, imo. I don't want far out, I want back to the fricking roots of what C&C started with, in terms of gameplay. C&C3 almost had that, if they hadn't chosen for cheap cranes and redeployable MCVs, which led to inevitable base rushing, which led to inevitable patching to nerf the base rushing, which screwed up the game because you can't even build stuff next to a fricking power plant anymore.

Guest Stevie_K
"far out" doesn't sound good, imo.

We don't know anything yet. We can hope that they will be better to analyse what the community actually want.

I'm a little skeptic to Visceral Games however. None of their previous titles have impressed me the least.

I doubt they're make another RTS game, I mean C&C4 was a disaster. And with SC2 being on the market it would be a hard sale.

A couple things to address here.

1. I think you guys are reading to much into the whole Visceral brand thing. EALA is still the developmental home for C&C. Its a new team there led by Jon Van Caneghem. Visceral aren't making the new C&C. A few months back I found out (I won't say from who) that the new C&C dev team is spread out over multiple studios in Los Angeles, Texas and Asia. EALA is basically part of the new Visceral Games brand.

2. The article says the next C&C is "pretty far out". This means we have a long wait until anything becomes public or its announced. Longer development time is something the devs have wanted and now they are getting it. A decent RTS can't be made in 8-10 month development window the previous team had team with C&C 3, Kane's Wrath, Red Alert 3 and C&C 4.

If EA wanted something new to C&C such as a new game engine, every computer, hardware and software will have to be upgraded. That's pretty far out. It's no wonder why all recent C&C games never use Direct X 10 and 11 in the first place.

I am thinking this next C&C title could be a MMORTS or a FPS.

Guest Stevie_K
If EA wanted something new to C&C such as a new game engine, every computer, hardware and software will have to be upgraded.

Not necessarily. A better game engine doesn't mean better graphics. I wouldn't mind playing a C&C game with the graphics like C&C3 had.

To me, graphics are close to nothing, but the gameplay and execution of the story means everything.

In context, I believe it means still a significant time from release, not a major departure.

Wouldn't you be the one to know, and not just believe?

Btw. Glad to see some EA presence.

Edited by Stevie_K

Mastermind used to work at EA, but he has left it after he released the C&C4's world builder. So, he might not have insider information from EALA.

Guest Stevie_K

I see. Thanks Banshee.

At least you are a veteran member of the CNC community, Mastermind. We did miss you.

Ahh, now JVC is in there alright, well, let's hope he's still having a good time there without the execs giving the same torture treatment just like they did with Greg Black and his team.

To be honest, I hope this time is a take your good sweet time to make a pure quality C&C game just like Blizzard did with SC2. No more rushes, many of us prefer quality over rushed games in an instant, we already have enough problems for our whole lives coming from EALA itself.