Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

New C&C Mentioned As EA Confirms Visceral Expansion Plans

So any bets if SC2:THOTS will come out before the next C&C???

It's always nice to know there is life in my fav franchise... but I kinda was hoping for a longer gap before they even announced a new game... even if it is a long away away.

(I can't believe how many people get side-tracked by the far-out throwaway line. Makes me glad I'm not in PR.)

Good question, gben. But since I know EALA's execs want to rush games even if they allow JVC to extend the development time, I bet suddenly the execs will tell him to finish the game sooner. A so called "promised" duration of "as long as you need" or 3-5 years can suddenly change to 1 year or less. So my money's on "Heart of the Swarm" will arrive after the next C&C.

I cannot promise whether if I'll be correct or not, but like Greg Black had said before, EA broke many promises to them.

Edited by Silverthorn

EA were never giving up on the C&C franchise despite how C&C 4 turned out. The C&C name is still far to valuable to them. And without going into to much detail a few of us outside of EALA have known about this for many months now.

Banshee is correct. I now work for Robot Entertainment, and I am working on Age of Empires Online. I probably should change my avatar, but I was just here to drop a reply.

Sweet, glad to hear that you got a job making an epic game. I'm personally LOVING the CB for AoE:O atm :D

On Topic:

It's good to hear that the game is far from any actual announcement honestly. Ever since C&C4 I lost a lot of faith in the future of the franchise, here's hoping that the new C&C is fantastically made. :)

Kinda torn on how i feel. Visceral Games is a excellent studios, im very excited for Dead Space 2, but on the other hand, EA lost my confidence with C&C 4. I hope Visceral can bring C&C back to the top where it belongs.

I sure hope so this time, Sonic. But I cannot be sure if they will survive as long as the execs are around, whether they'll be pestering JVC or being buddy buddy to him. They are the big bosses and can do anything to them! If only we can hear an interview regarding about them saying the following :

1. We apologize for making C&C4 a huge disaster

2. We won't rush it this time, SC2 already gave the whole EA company a big headache and we need to catch up

etc..

But I doubt an interview with the execs is gonna happen. I just want to them to hear us before they think about torturing Visceral. And I hope they read Greg Black's interview when he compromised EALA's secret corporate deceit, will they say, "It won't happen again, we will not do that to Visceral. C&C is too great for us!"

Edited by Silverthorn

Guest Stevie_K
If only we can hear an interview regarding about them saying the following :

1. We apologize for making C&C4 a huge disaster

2. We won't rush it this time, SC2 already gave the whole EA company a big headache and we need to catch up

etc..

Obviously that won't happen.

I think this will not be an RTS. Mostly an FPS or 3PS. Joe Kucan also confirmed this on his FB page so I believe its based on the Tib universe.

I think this will not be an RTS. Mostly an FPS or 3PS. Joe Kucan also confirmed this on his FB page so I believe its based on the Tib universe.

Maybe we'll see my most wanted C&C game, Renegade 2? To be honest, i think that would be totally fecking awesome, and while i doubt i could run it on this PC, id be excited anyway.

They guys are EA know that working on Renegade 2 or Tiberium again would skyrocket in positive reviews. I personally think they will be working towards either two in the next 5 years.

Guest Stevie_K

A Renegade 2 would be awesome. I'm just afraid for some reason, that they will give it a cartoon style (like TF2 or Borderlands etc).

Obviously that won't happen.

I knew that's not gonna happen, after all, either they're chickens to give an apology (Which I don't care whether they have the time or not) or just keeping themselves away from us, they know we're aftering their blood!

Wow, if Joe said something like that, will our bets telling that it's another one of EALA's cash cow & conning schemes again. We cannot be sure what they are doing and we don't want to jump to conclusion, but I'm telling you all, be smart of what you have seen, you already seen the execs' secret true colors & how they treat the franchise, so do your research on what the next C&C is going to be, is that going to be pure quality like SC2 or is it just another conning scheme in order to keep the freakin' business alive? Be smart first, before you think about buying their products again. ;)

Edited by Silverthorn

Why would the new C&C game be from the Tiberium Universe? I thought there isn't going to be a C&C5. Besides C&C4 was supposed to be that TiberiumVille game instead of Tiberian Twilight. The next C&C game could be either C&C Online, C&CVille or a new TiberiumVille game. I bet that all future C&C games will now require an Internet connection. :rolleyes:

Edited by purplescrin

Guest Stevie_K

Wow, you two make a whole lot of assumptions based on very thin information.

Whow hey, assumptions and predictions sometimes can be true, but it's also false. I don't have anymore faith in what EALA is trying to do, they already broke my heart so there will be others keeping an eye on them. Whether if their game is going to be good & promised like it should be? I doubt it!

Wow, you two make a whole lot of assumptions based on very thin information.

There is nothing new about that...

Why would the new C&C game be from the Tiberium Universe? I thought there isn't going to be a C&C5. Besides C&C4 was supposed to be that TiberiumVille game instead of Tiberian Twilight. The next C&C game could be either C&C Online, C&CVille or a new TiberiumVille game. I bet that all future C&C games will now require an Internet connection. :rolleyes:

Purplescrin, how do come up with this ****, honestly. Ever since the Jon Van Caneghem Gamasutra interview late last year where he used the social aspect of Facebook as an example a bunch of simple mined individuals assume the future of C&C is going to be some crap Facebook game :rolleyes:

facepalmv.gif

It's Purplescrin. His IQ is just barely above room temperature.