Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

EA Looking to Hire New C&C Community Manager

To all those people who still think Command & Conquer, as a franchise, is dead and buried... think again. Just recently EA began the hunt for a new Command & Conquer Community Manager by listing this advertisement on their EA Jobs site. Since the departure of APOC a few months ago, EA Goodman was handed the C&C Community Manager title. He's done the best he can with limited time and resources. But a brand as big as Command & Conquer requires a full time dedicated Community Manager, so EA are now looking for one.

EA was founded 25 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favourites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fuelled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.

Community Manager

The EA Games Label is currently searching for a passionate, motivated, and experienced Community Manager (CM) for its Command & Conquer™ franchise! The CM position demands an outgoing and creative individual who is passionate about games, online communities, and staying up to speed on industry and technology trends. This role will work closely with the marketing and development teams to ensure a world class community management program. The CM will be a prominent voice for our active forums, maintaining an active social network presence, executing major live events, creating and distributing community content, and maintaining the franchise website. The CM will work with cross-functional teams to serve as the global franchise community lead, being the centralized point of contact for territory community managers. In-depth knowledge of C&C and RTS games are a key to success in this role.

Its clear that EA have big plans for C&C in the future. If anyone knew how much work APOC put in to this job when he was the Community Manager they will know how important it is. The job is listed here for anyone interested in applying.

Nah, you'd be horrible you lack people skills. :P

I should apply because everyone loves me! ^_^

I should apply because everyone loves me! ^_^

There is no adequate response to this... so this will have to do: :rofl:

I would say NodSoldierGirl should apply, she is more open to anyone, Westwood & EA timers.

Edited by Silverthorn

Sonic should apply. Like, right now.

I would have to agree here.

I would say NodSoldierGirl should apply, she is more open to anyone, Westwood & EA timers.

Dont know her personally, BUT someone open to both sides of C&C would definitely get my pick over someone just open to EA's side.

Sonic should apply. Like, right now.

Hamilton -> Auckland -> Los Angeles.... that's one hell of a commute time ;)

Seriously, if I lived in Los Angeles I'd be keen but I lack the experience required for such a position.

APOC if your reading this, how's life at THQ? Would you considering coming back? :)

This posted by APOC on Facebook:

I think I wrote that job description =)

I think, he come not back. :(

Ah, he have say to it was a joke :D

Bad Aaron! ^^

Edited by Sonic

Hamilton -> Auckland -> Los Angeles.... that's one hell of a commute time ;)

Seriously, if I lived in Los Angeles I'd be keen but I lack the experience required for such a position.

APOC if your reading this, how's life at THQ? Would you considering coming back? :)

Move to LA? You've easily got the experience through running this site

Been running this site for YEARS Sonic, id say you have plenty of experience.

Are you an editor for a tabloid, ps? If not, you should be.

Well Mal, I got to disagree a little bit, we need someone who is a lot more open to both Westwood & EA side. Having an EA fanboy who supports the EA side will bring huge anger to Westwoodians, same case for vice versa. I know Sonic for some time and I don't think he's good for this kind of situation, he can handle things like being a CM, sure, but I'm sorry, there are still many Westwoodians out there, an EA fanboy as CM is a recipe for disaster. Sonic may not be 100% EA, but whether if he's 60-70% EA while the other is 30-40% Westwood or whatever numbers, the scale is not balanced, a 50-50 is an a must, including someone who is more open-hearted for both sides' opinions, requests and their complaints.

I know NodSoldiergirl for a long time, she supports both sides and 50% equally. Like you, Mal, you're open-minded and 50% support on both side as well. So personally I vote for NSG, you can even be a CM if you want to.

To the EA fanboys, I apologize if this offends you, but C&C is in a whole lot of problems and having a CM that supports only one of the sides is a really bad idea, no matter if you're experienced or not.

--------

In case if someone thinks I'm being a CM, uh-uh, no way, I'm a Westwoodian, I'm not a good type to take that position, even if I were in America or not.

Edited by Silverthorn

It appears the first possible spoiler of a new C&C CM may be out already:

http://forums.commandandconquer.com/jforum...list/44582.page

That is not a new CM, that is Gambler, a CM for EA Germany. When the new CM is hired he (or she) will introduce themselves, not just pop up randomly in some meaningless thread.

This job sounds excellent for Sonic!

Thanks for that Malevolence. I won't be going for the new CM position though. It way out of my reach to be perfectly honest. Running CNCNZ.com for over decade doesn't make me qualified. This is just a hobby. If someone was paying me things would be different. There would be pressure to perform and all that.

Well Mal, I got to disagree a little bit, we need someone who is a lot more open to both Westwood & EA side. Having an EA fanboy who supports the EA side will bring huge anger to Westwoodians, same case for vice versa. I know Sonic for some time and I don't think he's good for this kind of situation, he can handle things like being a CM, sure, but I'm sorry, there are still many Westwoodians out there, an EA fanboy as CM is a recipe for disaster. Sonic may not be 100% EA, but whether if he's 60-70% EA while the other is 30-40% Westwood or whatever numbers, the scale is not balanced, a 50-50 is an a must, including someone who is more open-hearted for both sides' opinions, requests and their complaints.

What the hell are you talking about? This whole Westwood VS EA thing you have fabricated has nothing to do with this, nor is it some sort of determining factor as who gets the new CM job at EALA. I'm sure the EALA bosses will hire the right person to the job.

Everyone should be thankful they are hiring a dedicated CM for C&C again anyway. That alone proves C&C is extremely valuable to them.

Guest Stevie_K
Everyone should be thankful they are hiring a dedicated CM for C&C again anyway. That alone proves C&C is extremely valuable to them.

I don't see why we should be thankful. We are the ones who struggle to hang on to this franchise. They are the ones making money off of it.

Sonic, think about it, imagine if someone like Cypher for example, who is an EA fanboy and a mod or admin at the official forums, some people told me he's an "I'm always right and you're always wrong, so I'm locking this thread" kind of person, he knows his C&C but with that kind of attitude, EA fanboys praise him and Westwood fans are going to take him down. Normally this war is not suppose to be involve, but I have my doubts about when a simple and nice Westwoodian wants a request of bringing back some of the WW ideas back, an EA fanboy CM might turn down that request and tell him "Bug off, outdated numbskull, Westwood is DEAD! Keep it to today's time with EA & their stuff, ok?!" That example I give is from a typical 100% EA fanboy attitude, even if you're 60% or more towards EA as how I remembered how you treated me, you're not a good candidate. Moreover, I know several of your staff members are EA fanboys (I didn't say 100%) too when I look at them, whenever I shout out, they don't take my words kindly, after all, everything I want it back just the way how Westwood did it, but what do they do in return? Insult me back and turn to EA instead or worse, rudely say back "keep all that WW stuff to yourself".

50-50 is an a must! So I say NodSoldierGirl & Malevolence are good candidates since I know them both are kind and open to both sides / parties.

And also having somebody else other than a fan like EA_Goodman, that person doesn't know how restless we are including how much trouble the franchise is in. That's why as you can see, Goodman LIED to us that he even advertise the C&C4 mobile game as "epic". If APOC would still be here, he wouldn't say the word "epic", he would either keep his mouth shut and advertise the game normally (Without using any marketing gimmicks), or stupid enough to say "Play the flawed stupid game and see how it ends in the most stupidest way." I don't care if Goodman is doing his job as a CM to avoid being fired, but when we're so angry, we don't have time for whatever nonsense he's trying to bring. Enough with my long post again, take the Starcraft CM as your prime example and study him.

Edited by Silverthorn

Guest Stevie_K

*facepalm* Please just stop, we get the point.

Aww come on, face palm me for what?! Yeah yeah yeah, I continue to shout again, right? Well, like I said, if you're an EA fanboy OR a Westwood fanboy, then don't even think of applying as a CM!

Don't make me continue further rants, be nice to me when you post, keep quiet or just ignore, then I'll be nice and keep quiet to you too.

Edited by Silverthorn