Sign in to follow this  
ajv73

multiple tank build

Hello,

I'm playing C&C for a while now and totaly like it

But......

I have downloaded some new missions and in one of them I saw the enemy build 4 tanks at once.

and when I search for new tactics i find build-orders saying I must build more war factory's !

when I follow it I can only build one tank at the time

So, how can i build more tanks at once.

please responce

Thanks in advance

AJ

You simply cannot build more than one tank at a time.

Even with 2 or 3 war-factories?

Even with 2 or 3 war-factories?

Guest Stevie_K

As far as I remember you will be able to build units faster if you have more than one production facility, let that be both tanks, infantry and even building buildings if you have multiple construction yards.

I'm not sure if the last part is only in Red Alert 2.

As Doc hints at; the reason the AI can build multiple tanks at once, is that the developers needed to make the AI harder to beat.

As far as I remember you will be able to build units faster if you have more than one production facility, let that be both tanks, infantry and even building buildings if you have multiple construction yards.

This is the case for Vanilla Red Alert and Counterstrike addon. Aftermath addon as well as 3.03 patch disables all the benefits of the multi-factories.

Aftermath addon as well as 3.03 patch disables all the benefits of the multi-factories.

Really? That's kind of lame, I wonder why they did that...

Really? That's kind of lame, I wonder why they did that...

Indeed :worried:

first thanks for all responses.

second i agree with Nmenth because fan-made missions are pretty hard.

then i shall continue to plod and hoping for the best.

Thanks anyway

As far as I know, v3.03 doesn't fully remove the benefits of multiple factories. It just makes sure you can't keep increasing the build speed by building tons of em. I believe you can build up to 4 factories with build speed increase, but build more and it just stays the same.

And it's pretty obvious why they did that. RA multiplayer is a horrible tankspamfest.

It is not limited to 4 Factories in Aftermath, it is limited to 2 Factories since the Aftermath addon :-)

Before it was not limited at all, you could build as many Construction Yards, War Factories, Naval Yards, Sub Pens, Airfields, Helipads or Barracks as you want and still getting an Increase in Building speed.

And in the 3.03 Version of RA1 you can additionally enable the "Slow Unit Build" option in the Internet Lobby of the game itself to further prevent tank spamming.

Remember the 3.03 patch integrates Westwood Chat into the game so you can play RA1 in the Internet without leaving the game.

you are correct

the computer can make the following

1) if he starts with 2 bases at the beginning it will start with 6 bases without buying them :S

2) build 6 buildings at the same time :S

3) build 6 kerovs at the same time :S ;S :S

4) build 6 tanks and 6 soldiers at the same time

5) build any 6 from any thing at the same time

to check it out just play it as unhollony allience mod by openning the ra2.ini file and in skirmish sektion just change

the game mod to 4 and don't change the map :)

and also building 12 war factories and 12 barracks will make the buying time to be 1 s :D

Edited by Mohammad Al-Lahham