Wee_Ooh

So I finally got around to getting C&C 4...

...And, wow, does the campaign suck so far. These missions are not suited to crawler gameplay. How am I supposed to defend one thing on one side of the map while attacking something on the other side with such a severely limited number of units? Oh, well. I've beaten every game up until now, I can't stop just cause the going got tough. >_>

Enough ranting, though. It's been awhile. How's everybody doing here at CNCNZ? :D

Yeah the game was designed to be some cheap MP experience, but that isn't cost effective as far as EA is concerned. So they decided they're make it C&C4, whacked on a ****ty ass SP campagin, added some "tiberian" and done. :o

Just wait till you get to the end, if only gets worse from there. :P

Guest Stevie_K

"So I finally got around to getting C&C 4" Is a sentence you won't be hearing from me. I'm only interested in the modding these days. C&C4 didn't happen in my world.

It's been a long time. What have you've been occupied with?

When it comes to Crawler gameplay, every class should have proper defenses on almost every captured TCN or strategic point. The offense and support classes really lacked them.

This is why Company of Heroes rules on the number one thing that every faction has: defense.

Yeah the game was designed to be some cheap MP experience, but that isn't cost effective as far as EA is concerned. So they decided they're make it C&C4, whacked on a ****ty ass SP campagin, added some "tiberian" and done. :o

Despite all it's flaws, it probably would have been better to keep it as a mp only game... if they could have priced it as an expansion... it would have even passed, in my opinion, as interesting experiment.

Just wait till you get to the end, if only gets worse from there. :P

C'mon, Luk3us. Quit pushing my topic around. That last sentence clearly classifies this as an 'off topic' topic.

XP

"So I finally got around to getting C&C 4" Is a sentence you won't be hearing from me. I'm only interested in the modding these days. C&C4 didn't happen in my world.

It's been a long time. What have you've been occupied with?

Eh, not too much. I stopped coming here when I got addicted to playing Medieval 2: Total War, which I was into for awhile. I don't play that too much anymore, but I'm working now. I got a seasonal job working the graveyard shift at a Wal-Mart distribution center. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, 5PM to 5AM. X_x Luckily I got out early tonight.

When it comes to Crawler gameplay, every class should have proper defenses on almost every captured TCN or strategic point. The offense and support classes really lacked them.

This is why Company of Heroes rules on the number one thing that every faction has: defense.

Yeah, it seems you have to be defense class a lot of the time in the campaign, just because the other classes have nothing to...well...defend with. XD

Despite all it's flaws, it probably would have been better to keep it as a mp only game... if they could have priced it as an expansion... it would have even passed, in my opinion, as interesting experiment.

I haven't played the final game online yet, but I enjoyed the multiplayer beta thoroughly. More than I enjoyed the classic games online, I think. The singleplayer aspect, however, sucks. XP

I can only think of two missions where you needed to defend fixed positions... the stupid convoy one which is too hard at your natural experience level and too easy at your max exp level, and the obvious dropship level...

But I did the whole campaign as offence class with no real problems... which is kinda the problem with the game huh.

Wow. Reading through the posts makes me glad I got myself Halo: Reach and a new Xbox 360 controller instead of C&C4. Some of the gameplay elemets also seemed to be, *ahem*, borrowing from the Warhammer 40,000 rts games. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Heh. I got it for free from Apoc, and that was the only way I'd ever be getting it anyway; for free.

I stopped playing the campaign after having to repeat a mission three times just to get enough experience to get enough tech to be able to finish the next one. Stupid concept.

Ah, yes. That's them ****ing up C&C4. I was excited with all the walkers, the return of cyborgs, and the prospect of finally seeing and end to the Tiberian arc of the C&C franchise, but after realizing what ****ed up game C&C4 was, I didn't bother to finish the game anymore. I read the whole story on C&C Wiki. Saved me the trouble and frustration of finishing a story not worth a rat's ass and working through it using a ****ed up gameplay system.

@Nyerguds, I envy ya. You didn't need to waste any money on it, LOL. Meh, I always have high hopes for C&C games. Even Generals, which faced either so-so ratings or slightly above average ratings. But this was a whole new class of bull**** money making. But hey, at least it came on one DVD; it simplified the throwing away process. >:D

(and yes, I did throw it away; I have no intention of playing that piece of **** EVER AGAIN)

[EDIT]

Forgive the insane amount of expletives used. I'm just so damn pissed about C&C4.

Edited by rSquar3d

Generals is a pretty nice game, and quite moddable too. Isn't really worth the C&C title they slapped on, but still, not too bad.

Technically, no, it's not C&C. But it is a good game, better than the so-called "C&C4"

At least C&C 4 has a story... not a good one but it has one. Generals has no real plot at all. Generals was a multiplayer game with some random single player missions thrown in later.

Ah, this is an issue of perception. Meh, better no plot rather than a fake plot. >:D

At least C&C 4 has a story... not a good one but it has one. Generals has no real plot at all. Generals was a multiplayer game with some random single player missions thrown in later.

Yeah, but the Generals Challenge made up for that. Though even that could've used a bit more work.

@Inferno, I won't consider General's Challenge as a story. More like, just that; challenges. But at least I saw that it had no pretensions at all to being a real story. C&C4 was being put up as a definitive C&C game, the C&C game to conclude the Tiberian universe, the C&C game that will present an epic climax/end. But it's exactly the opposite of that. It has delusions of grandeur, and it ends up disgusting me (again, better no story then fake story), although that's a matter of perception.

The General's Challenge was more of a story than the campaign was, at least :P

Ahahahaha! Yeah, well, you have a point there. Haha. But at least Generals had no pretensions or claims of being climactic or whatever.

And the stereotypes in Generals are e-pic.

Guest Stevie_K
At least C&C 4 has a story... not a good one but it has one.

It only makes things worse.

Yeah. Big time stereotypes. I feel that it was the most offensive and politically-incorrect C&C game. But it is fun. >:D

At least C&C 4 has a story...

Ahh no. That isn't a point in the game's favour. No story would have been an improvement. A huge improvement. :o

Yes... "posing as the end of Kane's story" is pretty high on its list of crimes.

Yeah. Big time stereotypes. I feel that it was the most offensive and politically-incorrect C&C game. But it is fun. >:D

Political incorrectness is always fun ^_^

I can only think of two missions where you needed to defend fixed positions... the stupid convoy one which is too hard at your natural experience level and too easy at your max exp level, and the obvious dropship level...

But I did the whole campaign as offence class with no real problems... which is kinda the problem with the game huh.

hey man, i tried switching to defense class, but still got beaten badly, so i changed back to offense and tried to blow up as many enemies' crawler as possible, like 6 now i think, then they brought out all these Scalpel..... and i am stucked...

so how did you use the defense class, i think strategically it made more sense, cause you can over more ground, but i only got bunkers to built and some infantry, the zoneraiders, enforcers etc. just sin't effective enough.

Ah, yes. That's them ****ing up C&C4. I was excited with all the walkers, the return of cyborgs, and the prospect of finally seeing and end to the Tiberian arc of the C&C franchise, but after realizing what ****ed up game C&C4 was, I didn't bother to finish the game anymore. I read the whole story on C&C Wiki. Saved me the trouble and frustration of finishing a story not worth a rat's ass and working through it using a ****ed up gameplay system.

@Nyerguds, I envy ya. You didn't need to waste any money on it, LOL. Meh, I always have high hopes for C&C games. Even Generals, which faced either so-so ratings or slightly above average ratings. But this was a whole new class of bull**** money making. But hey, at least it came on one DVD; it simplified the throwing away process. >:D

(and yes, I did throw it away; I have no intention of playing that piece of **** EVER AGAIN)

[EDIT]

Forgive the insane amount of expletives used. I'm just so damn pissed about C&C4.

EA now is the biggest corporate ass in the bizz! corporate never or rarely makes good game cause they treat every aspect of the process straightly bizz and profits, they have no real passion for art and entertainment, so how would they make good games!!? i know they still have a lot of good titles, yeah, they just haven't messed with those teams yet, wait and see!! when the devil of money process those butt head again, they would do exactly to other franchises they "bought" like what has happened here.

General is exact corporate attitude. US government wanted to make a game to promote the then to be war in Afghan, and every corporation have a tendency to buy in the government's idea, this is where EA came to the scene, hijacking the franchise/title they just bought in from westwood and make this game that has no connection to C&C, except you are a "commander" in the game. similar thing: transformer movies, take a look at the new trailer:dark moon. and you will see what i mean.

@Inferno, I won't consider General's Challenge as a story. More like, just that; challenges. But at least I saw that it had no pretensions at all to being a real story. C&C4 was being put up as a definitive C&C game, the C&C game to conclude the Tiberian universe, the C&C game that will present an epic climax/end. But it's exactly the opposite of that. It has delusions of grandeur, and it ends up disgusting me (again, better no story then fake story), although that's a matter of perception.

i actually ok with the game so far, with enjoyable moments. But! like many of you said, it is not C&C4, i would have forgiven them if it is a spin off or side kick thing, an experiment or alternative experience from the most beloved franchise of all time. i really wish they should have done, because i actually might like the game that way, instead of now, i lost in the world of C&Cs...to the world of NOD....