Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

C&C 4 Included in GameSpot's Best Games of 2010 Nominees

HA! And here I thought I was going to come in this thread and bitch... But no, Gamespot have done me proud by nominating the game for awards it ACTUALLY DESERVES... ^_^

I feel robbed....

Haha, I knew this would happen to one of the most disappointing games we ever seen. Congratulations, EALA execs, your game now deserves one of the loser's awards. *claps hands*

Edited by Silverthorn

You know there are some elements of C&C 4 that actually do work rather well. Its music fits in perfectly, Joe was good in his scenes. Some nice animation on the units and the environments were top notch. Sadly it was a **** story, boring gameplay mechanics and much more that let it down.

I've played many games that were way worse than C&C 4.

Well it wasn't nominated for Flat-Out Worst Game, only Most Disappointing Game and Least Improved Sequel.

It got what it deserved and not what it didn't.

Although nominated but did not won the loser's awards. It may sound disappointing that they did not win either of the 2 bad awards, but having it nominated still creates a bad reputation scar on the face, although it wasn't deep enough. But yeah, still, EALA execs, mission accomplished!

Edited by Silverthorn

C&C used to be a giant in the RTS genre. It was a genre definer. "There were worse games than C&C 4 " is not what we want when we play a C&C title. We want more, we expect something polished, something much more refined with a few new additions to an existing formula. If EA wanted to bitch around with a new game mechanic like this they should have created a whole new IP. This was some lazy ass attempt. I strongly believe that the core C&C 4 design was initially designed for an MMO and then later changed to a full sequel.

Guest Stevie_K

What the Luke said.

Now at least we are sure they get the point. Make good games or end up getting nominated for this **** hehe.

I strongly believe that the core C&C 4 design was initially designed for an MMO and then later changed to a full sequel.

Not exactly. C&C 4 began life outside of EALA. Some Asian EA studio or something. They were experimenting with C&C 3 and some small mod exploring other ways to play the game. Sam Bass explains everything in an EA Podcast he did just after the release of C&C 4. Search the news forums and give it a listen.

Not exactly. C&C 4 began life outside of EALA. Some Asian EA studio or something. They were experimenting with C&C 3 and some small mod exploring other ways to play the game. Sam Bass explains everything in an EA Podcast he did just after the release of C&C 4. Search the news forums and give it a listen.

Greg Black's interview is somewhere overthere, if I remember well he explains the root of the disaster, oh heck, I wish C&C 4 would have been instead an spinoff (with better graphics and scales) people would have praised it so much, in fact I did the experiment and many guys at the other forum agreed it would have been so much better.

Ahh yes, Kane Nash, the Greg Black interview, how can I forget that. Well, it's true, Greg Black spilled the beans not on just C&C4's production, but as well as EA's corporate deceit and that's why the reason why he & others including Mark Skaggs left EA in the first place.

electronicartsyunomakeg.jpg

Ok, meme aside. I don't know about you guys man. It just gets really boring for me to debate about past titles and debating how crappy some titles were and how it'll be better off in an alternate reality/universe whatever... where the franchise is in the hands of some other company etc etc.

I mean, what's done has already been done. No point debating about it.

There are some plans going on with EA that they may be working on a new C&C title. All we fans can do is hope that they produce good better games that truly defines what C&C is, or... accept the fact that its crap, and no debating whatsoever, just move on with something else, something better, something more fun, something meaningful and cool.

Rant: That's all I want to say. I don't know. Back in real life I still have a couple of friends who were once formerly C&C fans, whenever they brought the topic on C&C, then there goes the same boring discussions, how great Westwood era was, then how EA screw it up, then how crappy the newer titles were and start to be angry and emotional yada yada yada. I mean, seriously, don't you find it boring, I mean, seriously, unless you can change something about it, then go ahead. Rant over.

Ahh yes, Kane Nash, the Greg Black interview, how can I forget that. Well, it's true, Greg Black spilled the beans not on just C&C4's production, but as well as EA's corporate deceit and that's why the reason why he & others including Mark Skaggs left EA in the first place.
Sorry, but can you disclose the interview, what about he was talking exactly ?

PS: sorry for my English, I didn't have the practice (English) for a long time ^^

I don't know about you guys man. It just gets really boring for me to debate about past titles and debating how crappy some titles were and how it'll be better off in an alternate reality/universe whatever... where the franchise is in the hands of some other company etc etc.

I mean, what's done has already been done. No point debating about it.

There are some plans going on with EA that they may be working on a new C&C title. All we fans can do is hope that they produce good better games that truly defines what C&C is, or... accept the fact that its crap, and no debating whatsoever, just move on with something else, something better, something more fun, something meaningful and cool.

Rant: That's all I want to say. I don't know. Back in real life I still have a couple of friends who were once formerly C&C fans, whenever they brought the topic on C&C, then there goes the same boring discussions, how great Westwood era was, then how EA screw it up, then how crappy the newer titles were and start to be angry and emotional yada yada yada. I mean, seriously, don't you find it boring, I mean, seriously, unless you can change something about it, then go ahead. Rant over.

I agree with you Malevolence, the term beating a dead horse comes mind. No offence Silverthorn, but you always make it sound like Westwood was the golden era and since C&C moved to EALA is been the dark ages or something. To be brutally honest C&C is exactly where it should be. I wasn't happy to see Westwood go but **** there no need to keep going on about it. When you think back you might notice that the only Westwood games that did really well were the ones with C&C in there name. All the others basically bombed.

Sorry, but can you disclose the interview, what about he was talking exactly ?

Its this interview YkudzA http://forums.cncnz.com/index.php?showtopi...p;hl=Greg+Black

Well, Sonic, I know you knew me as a WW fan, but you know what they say, old timers usually like the old times. Think the Disney fans and their old days, back in the 90s they were the best, today, it's all suck like hell and they wish they can go back in time to undo the damages.

EA on the other hand, overall, but as usual, it's all down to the execs. Greg Black did say that we only see what we see in the box. But when he compromised it further by telling on how the execs treated them, then we know who to blame on. And to top it off, EA, if you remember I did say they claim themselves to be a game but financially poor giant, then we know they will never handle the franchise very well. After all, they already juggle too many balls. Blizzard on the other hand, when they have fewer franchise, they have plenty of cash to make their games a big quality one (tons of CGI, great unit models, great storylines, etc..). When you have too many, cash is low and so is the quality. Or why not we let some other company that are not merged with EA to do the job, like the people from Petroglyph, Gas Powered Games (Who made Supreme Commander), Blizzard, etc.. to handle the job. Or even better if JVC would to have his own company to make it without being pressured by the execs' unnecessary excuses to push deadlines. Starcraft 2 doesn't have deadlines, they did set them but could not make them in time.

Even this quote from Deviantart also tell something.

PS : Don't forget to create a chart in your mind, imagine if you were the game developer. Include all of these factors, like I got 6 :

Development time, Quality, Risk, Expenses, Waiting Time & Profit-In-Return.

When you put all these together in a chart, all of them sync and move together. And that's how a game is built. Study the company & their games, you need to be smart to know the insides more than just staring at the outside and hope for the best. Remember, broken sale records are nothing compare to a game that crashes very often or when made poorly.

EDIT : Anyway, for this case, it's hard for me to move on when we see how the execs treated them. If those execs are replaced or became just like the people from Blizzard, then the dev team or the whole EALA will now be able to handle the franchise without so many problems. For even more fanatical WW fans, they will never move on until EALA becomes like their Blizzard Entertainment, all but quality over money, once that objective is secured, fans and myself can finally move on to put our faith into EALA. That's simple as what I think.

Edited by Silverthorn

I was happy to see Westwood go

I think you missed a negative there...

Yeah damn typo, I meant I wasn't happy to see Westwood closed. But it happened years ago.

But it's still fun to bitch about how bad C&C4 is D:

HA! And here I thought I was going to come in this thread and bitch... But no, Gamespot have done me proud by nominating the game for awards it ACTUALLY DESERVES... ^_^

Heh, this. The title boggled my mind until I read through.