trunkskgb

Error loading ZH or Generals

i know what you mean doc, but i am admin, and when when trying to run as admin wont work. I can confidently say its got something to do with windows 7, and this computer is 64bit, so maybe its only win7 64x, but i really want someone to prove me wrong there and tell me a solution, ive been looking for something about windows 7 solutions and why games aren't running properly, so many people have the same problem. but no one has solutions other than the ones ive heard about a million times before:

-Make sure you run as admin

-Make sure you try compatibility mode(s)

-Make sure your direct x is up to date

-Make sure your drivers are up to date

-Make sure your computer is clean from virus's

blah blah blah, and i cant have any virus's, im running three anti-viral softwares, yes there was a problem in that, but ive re-scripted their engines to work in conjuction as one antivirus through cmd. and yes, my computer is more up to date than your live news on tv.......

sorry, cranky mood, this is annoying me lol

i know what you mean doc, but i am admin, and when when trying to run as admin wont work. I can confidently say its got something to do with windows 7, and this computer is 64bit, so maybe its only win7 64x, but i really want someone to prove me wrong there and tell me a solution, ive been looking for something about windows 7 solutions and why games aren't running properly, so many people have the same problem. but no one has solutions other than the ones ive heard about a million times before:

blah blah blah, and i cant have any virus's, im running three anti-virus softwares, yes there was a problem in that, but ive re-scripted their engines to work in conjuction as one antivirus through cmd. and yes, my computer is more up to date than your live news on tv.......

You have a 3 anti-virus software? You could delete the 2 another one.

You have a 3 anti-virus software? You could delete the 2 another one.

no its fine, see, ive recoded their engines to work in conjuction together, under cmd, they dont have any problems, like 3 because i couldn't find a anti-viralware out there that was good with: spyware, virus's and bugs. so i got three different ones who specialized in each one :) hahaha

no its fine, see, ive recoded their engines to work in conjuction together, under cmd, they dont have any problems, like 3 because i couldn't find a anti-viralware out there that was good with: spyware, virus's and bugs. so i got three different ones who specialized in each one :) hahaha

If you have a many anti-virus software, you computer can become lagging. It is recommended that you should use the Anti-spam and Anti-Virus software such Bitdefender

blah blah blah, and i cant have any virus's, im running three anti-viral softwares, yes there was a problem in that, but ive re-scripted their engines to work in conjuction as one antivirus through cmd. and yes, my computer is more up to date than your live news on tv.......

I run Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and I have Zero Hour working just fine. I'm not sure if you're aware, but having an admin account on W7 does not mean you're a full admin; you can just elevate to admin permissions without Windows bitching at you. In any case, I have ZH set XP SP2 compatibility while running as admin, and it works fine. Something tells me that your massive anti-virus protection is causing you more issues than it solves. In fact, disable all of that extra bull**** and see what happens.

[EDIT] Now that I think about it, "scripting your anti-virus engines to work together" just sounds like a bold-faced lie.

I guarantee you that causes more problems than it solves. ONLY use one antivirus, honestly I've had a stellar experience with MSE and Avira, though Avira returns more false-positives and you have to mess with it a bit to force the popup ad off. I don't know why it's considered a good idea to make 3 AVs work together even if you succeed in doing it. If you haven't tried either one of those 2, wipe your AV configuration COMPLETELY and try one. If you refuse to do this then there's no point in asking for help since you also won't listen to us when we say it's a problem doing it the way you are now.

bold face lie? its possible haha, you just need to have the right know how tools i guess,

i disabled all my antiviral ware in that case, and tried again, and when i say disabled, i wiped any exsistance of them off my computer, and no difference, i backed up my computer before-hand though and got them back. and yes ive set my permissions as admin with full control. did that ages ago, through control panel i think, am i honestly missing something here? or is that just one off chance that every computer ive tried on win7 6x wont work for me and any of my games :(

and yes ive set my permissions as admin with full control. did that ages ago, through control panel i think, am i honestly missing something here?

Sounds like it to me. Speaking of bold-faced lies, global admin permissions are just that.

Unless you manually set "Run this program as an administrator" on the program's properties -> compatability, you do not, in fact, have full administrator access.

urgent help plzz!!

whenever i start playing generals ZH on lan it starts finen but after 10,15 sec evrything gets destroyed and screen appears that u have been defeated. please someone help me out. my firewall are off and games work fine in single player mode.

This is one of the most common problems there are. Just Googling it would have helped.

There are only two solutions to this:

1) Reinstall, preferably in a different folder

2) Ditch the game if it's pirated and uses a sloppy crack.

urgent help plzz!!

whenever i start playing generals ZH on lan it starts fyn but after 10,15 sec evrything gets destroyed and screen appears that u have been defeated. please someone help me out. my firewall are off and games work fine in single player mode.

• Downvote 1

Its meant to happen when you are using a pirated/cracked version of the game. Buy a copy of The First Decade pack or wait until The Ultimate Collection pack is released. Problem solved. We don't support copied/ripped/downloaded games here.

He's a bot. He spammed that post three times already.

Also, I've heard reports of legit copies getting that issue. RA2/YR as well.

Edited by Plokite_Wolf