Sign in to follow this  
BigPoppaBear

Renegade Alert

Couldn't find the section of the forum talking about this, so as its a game-in-progress I think it's fair to post here :lol:

Has everyone seen the submarine stuff they're doing? Its so cool, but it got me thinking, why are there no submarine games? Where you have full control of sonar and jamming equipment and the ESM mast and periscope? I'm sorry, but I thought this would rock. Anyway, yeah Ren Alert looks ****ing ace, anyone know when the sub patch is coming out?

Couldn't find the section of the forum talking about this, so as its a game-in-progress I think it's fair to post here :lol:

Renegade Alert discussion goes in the C&C Renegade forum :wink:

From what I've heard the RenAlert team are looking to release the big .933 update (subs included) in early July.

OMFG...this is the third day ive sat for four hours downloading the RenAlert installer, and again it didn't work. Twice I've had CRC errors, and yesterday it the data.cab file was corrupt. Im going to go insane.

Well the Ren Alert version on CNCNZ and CnCWorld are 100% operational - I downloaded it after I uploaded it to check that it hadn't gone coroupt or anything.

the CRC error occurs from an error during download, its a bitch. Ill give the Planet CNC one a try 2moro.

OMFG...this is the third day ive sat for four hours downloading the RenAlert installer, and again it didn't work. Twice I've had CRC errors, and yesterday it the data.cab file was corrupt. Im going to go insane.

YEP i got the same error but from the Reborn install on this site, so i gave up and downloaded it from the reborn website and it worked fine.....

Perhaps it's our server though :? I have downloaded it from our server and it did work, I promise you!

PlanetCNC, wtf I meant CnCWorld

Downloading it from CNC World or CNCNZ.com means your downloading the same file from the same location on the same server.....confused :lol:

For many of our larger downloads like RenAlert CNC World and CNCNZ.com have friendly partnership because we are both on the gP server and there no point in us both uploading 2 copies of the same files to our server.

If I had a fast connection I would download the RenAlert installer from our server and test it as well but I'm 56k dial up here.

BigPoppaBear, if you go to http://www.renalert.com you will find a list other mirrors to down the RenAlert installer from.

chickendippers, maybe we need to re-check our versions of the RenAlert installer and Reborn?

Error writing file in temporary location. Anyone tell me what this means and how I can rectify it?

Does this happen when you try to install Renegade Alert?

Well I've downloaded the main RenAlert installation with no problems, I haven't downloaded any of the patches because I was busy with Blitz 2.

Yeah, downloaded it without a hitch, but when I clicked the RenAlert.exe to install it, it told me there was an error writing to temporary location. What does that mean and how do I fix it? (CnCWorld rocked)

They are all important if you want to play online!

All the patches for Renegade Alert are important. They must be installed in the correct order to work.

With RenAlert v0.991 installed download install the patches in this order... v0.9915 >> v0.992 >> v0.9925b. You can't just install v0.9925b and think your up to date.

I downloaded everything RenAlert and it definately is 100% operational.

Downloading Reborn now, it'll be an hour before I know if it's working or not. Remember, the public version of Reborn is basically an alpha version so it's likely to have problems.

Whoops, forgot to report back.

I can report that our version of Reborn is 100% - if you're having an issue with it, take it up with the peeps over at www.cncreborn.de.

Gazdude, I have 600K.

Oh, sorry... every one else i know who has ntl has 1mb! :D

I must have gotten you mixed up with Osey....

Ahh yes, but it is a shame they dont have telewest around our area, otherwise we would have 2mb.... :wink:

I live in a posh area, and I don't have 1mb. I had the other patches, but I had some error or so downloading 9925b, I just needed to know if the game would work without it (it did, but I didn't try online). Thanks guys.