Sign in to follow this  
Doctor Destiny

Apocalypse Party!

concept61.jpg

Ok I got mine...

apoc.jpg

The RA2 one is much better anyway :)

The RA3 one felt like its own vehicle. The one in RA2 seemed like a rip off of the Mammoth tank.

That and I always liked the Heavy tank over the Apocalypse tank anyway. :)

Or a swarm of Allied light tanks. heheh.

@Luk3us, agreed! It's like an RA1 Mammie, only... Thinner chassis and longer cannons. Which makes it less of a kicker aesthetically. Plus the rockets can't hit infantry. But I disagree with the Light Tank swarm. It's just not my kind of offensive. But the old RA1 Heavies were always the best non-uber tank in my opinion. And probably the only dual-barreled one at that, too. Rhino tanks in RA2 don't do **** in comparison to RA1 Heavy tanks. >:D

The one in RA2 seemed like a rip off of the Mammoth tank.

Maybe because it was descended from the RA1 rip off of the Mammoth Tank.

But the old RA1 Heavies were always the best non-uber tank in my opinion. And probably the only dual-barreled one at that, too. Rhino tanks in RA2 don't do **** in comparison to RA1 Heavy tanks. >:D

RA1 had terrible balance.

Ahahaha, yes. I do agree that the balance in RA1 was indeed terrible. Infantry don't do **** against a good Soviet rush, and all the Allies had were good troops supported by Medics which would last... Maybe a few seconds before getting crushed by Heavy tank treads. And I think the RA1 model for the Mammoth tank is almost completely aesthetically the same as the TD Mammoth tank. But I love it anyway. >:D

And I think the RA1 model for the Mammoth tank is almost completely aesthetically the same as the TD Mammoth tank. But I love it anyway. >:D

As far as I know, it is the same model.

Ah. Hehehe. Do forgive my lack of knowledge on that matter. >:D

Guest Stevie_K

No noticable differences:

[RED ALERT]

250px-RA1_Ingame_Mammoth.png

[TIBERIAN DAWN]

250px-CNCTD_Mammoth_Tank_Ingame.png

The RA3 one felt like its own vehicle. The one in RA2 seemed like a rip off of the Mammoth tank.

But it had no missiles :(

That and I always liked the Heavy tank over the Apocalypse tank anyway. :)

I hated that the RA2 wasn't dual barreled.

Or a swarm of Allied light tanks. heheh.

Indeed :3

But the old RA1 Heavies were always the best non-uber tank in my opinion.

The old RA1 Heavies were the best tanks in general, in my opinion.

RA1 had terrible balance.

Indeed. It seems like tanks are the only useful units. Of course, there are also a few situational OP units (such as the cruiser and tanya).

And I'm not even gonna start about Aftermath units :/

The original discussion topic seems to have diverge pretty well.

Not surprising since the original topic ceased being relevant several days ago.

Guest Stevie_K
The original discussion topic seems to have diverge pretty well.

No reason to play watchdog. This is under off-topic discussion so i guess the name itself makes it kind of allowed to off topic ;)

This is under off-topic discussion so i guess the name itself makes it kind of allowed to off topic ;)

Ironically, the "Off-Topic Discussion" forum is for non-C&C subjects, but this topic went off-topic to discuss C&C; the on-topic topic... :P

But it had no missiles :(

No, but it could crush lesser vehicles, and had its own harpoon for staging other vehicles and buildings and turning them into scrap. ^_^

Woot!

Anybody want to share some ini default values for the various incarnations of our beloved tank?

(I guess though the values only have significance when compared with other units in the game...)

When I think of the mammy/apoc - I think of RA2 first of all. Only because that's the game I played the most.

Everyone is discussing Apocalypse Tanks and Mammoth Tanks, but what about the Overlord Tank?

unupgradedoverlordandemporer8u.jpg

but what about the Overlord Tank?

Meh. Never liked it much, it doesn't really look intimidating, rather somewhat fragile, like it was slapped together in a chop shop with sheet metal and rivets.

Of course, in game it is powerful, but that just makes it seem inconsistent to me.

Then the whole upgrading thing... there comes a point when you stick enough weapons and bulk on one unit, it goes from cool to ridiculous, in my opinion, the Overlord crossed that point.

The good old argument whether or not the Overlord belongs to the Mammoth family of tanks. I did love the Emperor Overlord though. But I never though that these belonged to the Mammoth family of tanks. It lacked what made the Mammoth family, well, just that: Mammoth. It lacked the rockets (regardless of what targets it could hit), and it certainly lacked the bad ass looks. I agree with Nmenth calling it a chop-shop product of a tank.

CnC1 mammoth set the bar

RA1 mammoth missle pods and antena have small differences

TS the mammoth is the same, the mammoth MK2... :P, same AA missles but thats got to be the most unique

RA2 not a mammoth but is almost

Generals not a mammoth but covers lots of the typical features, got to be the best mammoth like unit out side of the TS in game movies, there is so much you can do with this unit due to the upgrades

CnC3 back to the rip offs with the exception of the wreaks

RA3 not a mammoth was a pretty unique unit despit being so symilar

RA3 joke, was a REAL mammoth

TS the mammoth is the same, the mammoth MK2... :P, same AA missles but thats got to be the most unique

And what about the Forgotten's Mammoth Tank seen in at least one of the Nod missions?

Rather than just Mammoth Tanks, this music should bump it up:

Hell March to the Apocalypse!

And what about the Forgotten's Mammoth Tank seen in at least one of the Nod missions?

The mammoth is the same, the mammoth mk2 however...