Sign in to follow this  
Dartheon

Editing moon units

Hi!

Im a real begginner in map modding, and uhm.. having problems with making moon maps.

WEll, do you know how to change the units that u can train? i mean the infantry, cus its a bit weird that a engineer running on the moon without space cloth.

Can you tell me how to change the units and make only the cosmonaut be trainable (like in the russian campaign)

Uhm i wasnt able to upload my map...

Here's the story:

Open FinalAlert 2 Yuri's Revenge.

Create a new multiplayer map, Lunar setting.

When you finish landscaping, start positions etc. go to Edit -> INI Editing.

Now, for each unit you don't want to build, make a new Section (the tools on the top of the window). Let's say you don't want Guardian GIs to be built. Then, below the Sections part click Add and type GGI. Then, use the sliding bar to find GGI and select it. On the Keys part click Add. Then, type "TechLevel=-1" (without quoting marks).

For replacing unit's looks, do this:

Copy the procedure as far as Sections are concerned. Then, in the Keys part set "Image=LUNR" for every unit you want to have Cosmonaut's suits.

For adding Cosmonauts to the build list:

Make a section called LUNR. The set a key "TechLevel=1".

Then you're done :)

Well i have found the Ini editing, and wrote in as u wrote too-but not sure if it will work.

i hope u ment this, the pic at atachments.

EDIT: ok i found all things. Whats the diference between "TechLevel=1" and "TechLevel=11" ?

post-7622-1294233028_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dartheon

You're doing great, but I see a few mistakes:

All units in INI code have names with all caps (all letters are big). To make a unit unbuildable, you must put "TechLevel=-1" (minus one) or "TechLevel=11" (eleven).

The difference between 1 and 11 are that 1 is buildable at all times and 11 is unbuildable, since there are only 10 Tech Levels. That is used for restricting the techtree in campaign missions

Just a quick comment if i remember correctly, tech -1 is unbuildable to any one however tech 11 can be used to give units to AI player ie if a harrier is given a techlevel of 11 and the ai are set up to use tech 11 the ai will build and use the harrier but the player cant even if he captures the airport (there are more than 10 tech levels however in RA2 you are unlikly to ever use any more than 12, -1 unbuildable, 1-9 for use in campain, 10 for campain and multiplayer, 11 for ai only)

11 can be used to give units to AI player ie if a harrier is given a techlevel of 11 and the ai are set up to use tech 11 the ai will build and use the harrier but the player cant even if he captures the airport

... assuming that you set the AI's maximum tech level to 11. :rolleyes: In all other cases, 11 is unbuildable