Sign in to follow this  
Chimas

CnC95 map - A little help

Chimas    7

Hi,

I was recovering the mission below, but my XCC and CCMap keeps crashing without letting me save the finishment of it:

::: Dread - David Intihar :::

There's a bridge, some rivercrossings and some cliffs that need finishment tiles, a 5m job. I just need the *.BIN file

After the help, and my confirmation, this topic can be deleted.

/edit

Forgot to say: solo.hs@gmail.com

Edited by Solo

Nyerguds    73

Why do you use 4shared for such tiny files? Just attach them on the forum -_-

Anyway, I've resaved the map and it seems to open and save fine in both XCC Editor and ccmap now.

It looks like there are some oddities in the teamtypes though; they refeerence a waypoint #17, which isn't set; the mission has no waypoints set at all; not even the player view starting waypoint. (#26)

He's also, oddly, using "Unload" commands for units that can't do that at all.

dread.rar

Chimas    7
Why do you use 4shared for such tiny files? Just attach them on the forum

Yeah, I forgot about that, thanks for reminding.

/edit

Thanks for the edited map also ...

Edited by Solo

Chimas    7

Another doubt,

I've seen this command in teamtypes for some missions:

Attack Base:999

Wouldn't it be "99"?

Could this be the reason for crashes in the middle of the gameplay?

Edited by Solo

Chimas    7
It looks like there are some oddities in the teamtypes though; they refeerence a waypoint #17, which isn't set; the mission has no waypoints set at all; not even the player view starting waypoint. (#26)

He's also, oddly, using "Unload" commands for units that can't do that at all.

The "Unload" is for 1 unit, but you mean that situation that is not necessary to put "Unload" on the teamtype commands cause the Chinook/APC will do that automatically?

Yeah, there is no waypoints, I chose a place for 17 and put 26 around the beginning.

I already corrected most of the errors but there's one that's still intriguing: he put "Guard" as a trigger on structures and this "trigger" is not listed.

It seems he copied the commands for units and didn't corrected it when applying for structures, that's why the "Guard" trigger remained.

Do you feel the same way or is it definitely a missing trigger?

Anyway, I deleted it and put none.

Ah, not a chance to edit the map, it keeps crashing.

And I discovered now where the 4shared habit came from: ZIP file is the only type I can upload.

SCG180EA.zip

Nyerguds    73
Another doubt,

I've seen this command in teamtypes for some missions:

Attack Base:999

Wouldn't it be "99"?

Could this be the reason for crashes in the middle of the gameplay?

Hmm, I don't think that could be a problem. I doubt these time values are saved in a single bytes, so they should be pretty unrestricted in general. And since the game divides these strings on the commas it can't mess up the reading either.

Crashes in mid-game are usually at the time a trigger is executed that is somehow set up incorrectly. I know of one mission in the campaign where I had to replace a Discovered trigger by some celltriggers around the target because it mysteriously crashed even though the trigger was set up completely correctly though. I'm not sure if that was just a unique situation somehow or if there's something wrong with the Discovered trigger.

The "Unload" is for 1 unit, but you mean that situation that is not necessary to put "Unload" on the teamtype commands cause the Chinook/APC will do that automatically?

Umm... one unit?

tran=BadGuy,1,0,0,0,0,7,0,0,0,4,TRAN:1,E6:4,E2:4,E5:4,3,Move:17,Unload:17,Attack Base:20,0,0

inff=BadGuy,1,0,0,0,0,20,1,0,0,3,E3:5,E4:5,E6:3,3,Attack Base:1,0:0,Unload:17,0,20

trp1=BadGuy,1,0,0,0,0,20,1,0,0,3,E3:5,E4:6,E6:6,4,Attack Base:1,0:0,Unload:17,Attack Base:20,0,0

trp2=BadGuy,1,0,0,0,0,20,1,0,0,3,BGGY:3,E4:4,E6:3,3,Attack Base:1,0:0,Unload:17,0,20

Only the tran one is justified, and even there, the Attack Base command following it is useless. But as you mentioned, even there the Unload is technically not needed, since transports will unload and leave the map anyway if they contain passengers.

There are also some oddities in these commands, with the "0:0" commands in them.

They should be:

tran=BadGuy,1,0,0,0,0,7,0,0,0,4,TRAN:1,E6:4,E2:4,E5:4,2,Move:17,Unload:17,0,0

inff=BadGuy,1,0,0,0,0,20,1,0,0,3,E3:5,E4:5,E6:3,1,Attack Base:20,0,0

trp1=BadGuy,1,0,0,0,0,20,1,0,0,3,E3:5,E4:6,E6:6,1,Attack Base:20,0,0

trp2=BadGuy,1,0,0,0,0,20,1,0,0,3,BGGY:3,E4:4,E6:3,1,Attack Base:20,0,0

I already corrected most of the errors but there's one that's still intriguing: he put "Guard" as a trigger on structures and this "trigger" is not listed.

It seems he copied the commands for units and didn't corrected it when applying for structures, that's why the "Guard" trigger remained.

Do you feel the same way or is it definitely a missing trigger?

Anyway, I deleted it and put none.

The Guard thing indeed seems like an error, yes.

Ah, not a chance to edit the map, it keeps crashing.

Did you try making a blank ini with just the map dimension definition in it, copying this map's .bin to its name, and only editing the terrain map on that?

And I discovered now where the 4shared habit came from: ZIP file is the only type I can upload.

Eh, I just attached a rar, so you're certainly not limited to .zip

Chimas    7
Did you try making a blank ini with just the map dimension definition in it, copying this map's .bin to its name, and only editing the terrain map on that?

I did as suggested: the map is finished and the mission is working now.

Thanks!

Edited by Solo