Sonic

There Is a New C&C Community Manager

He'd certainly have time now. Then again, never heard of him being particularly active outside the german community. Oh well, can't say that he'd be my favorite choice, seeing his position towards the non-competitive community.

Anyways, his work for the german CT pretty much was "go tell them 'everything is fine and BUY CNC', chap", so former actions might not be representative for him.

Edited by Golan

And a job working as promoter for a gaming series would change that? :huh::P

I'm fan of the classics, thus I don't expect too much of any CM, no matter who it will be.

Btw, I don't know whether it's him... I'm just guessing and connecting some dots that might not even be part of the picture.

Lets just say some people know. I know who it is. But out of respect for the new CM, I won't spoil his (or maybe even her) fun.

I'm glad that you proved me wrong because I started to worry that a new cm already started to put his primary focus on gr.org only. To be clear, I have nothing against gr.org and their leaders (C&C community needs them), only in my opinion it would be wrong that C&C community as whole had be represented by one, very multiplayer oriented site which don't care too much about other aspects of C&C.

Edited by mirza044

Actually, a couple of webmasters (me, Sonic and Golan included) found out the whole plot by an 'accident' :lol:. The new community manager didn't informed us directly. It was something announced exclusively for the moderators from the official C&C forums. That's how metsu whatever he is called knows about it.

Edited by Banshee

Actually, a couple of webmasters (me, Sonic and Golan included) found out the whole plot by an 'accident' :lol:. The new community manager didn't informed us directly. It was something announced exclusively for the moderators from the official C&C forums. That's how metsu whatever he is called knows about it.

Ah, that clears this matter. thx for information. :)

I liked it on the facebook... Thing is I don't thing it's gonna get that last 51,000 people.

I actually am finding this whole "new CM promotion" thing king of a fail really.

Something like a BCPT kinda video would have been an epic way to announce the new CM... Missed opportunities I suppose...

It's Methuselah, the god amongst most gamers, and the GameSpy forum administrator for the C&C series in GameReplays.

So I bet all moderators in the official CNC forums have yet to say a word about this.

I never like these "Like us on Facebook!" schemes, although it is relatively painless for Facebook users and serves as a great way to let your friends know about your interest in C&C. It's efficient marketing, since your friends will probably like what you like (and have you there to ask about it if they see it).

I think I just don't like Facebook at all, and I don't like the idea that "It won't happen unless..."

meth is just a forum user, not a mod

he may be a so called god in gr.org but he is not a god in the cnc forums

according to someone (i cannot reveal his name), meth did some cnc work

It's Methuselah, the god amongst most gamers, and the GameSpy forum administrator for the C&C series in GameReplays.

So I bet all moderators in the official CNC forums have yet to say a word about this.

Sorry, your wrong. guess again.

I don't know Methuselah all that well but I'm sure he doesn't go around calling himself a god :rolleyes:

As people on APB servers would say: is EA_CIRE a spy?

I remember stumbling across a strange site called cncstage.com, only reason I did was because it was linking cnctube and analytics picked it up. Not sure who's it was, but it had news of the new community manager (which I can't remember either). According to whois database, ea registered the domain too..

Edited by neogrant

As people on APB servers would say: is EA_CIRE a spy?

Hmm.. interesting. CIRE = ERIC spell backwards.. and Eric is the real name of 'Gambler' the german C&C CM...

i wonder if its him ;)

Hmm.. interesting. CIRE = ERIC spell backwards.. and Eric is the real name of 'Gambler' the german C&C CM...

i wonder if its him ;)

Or it could just be an abbreviation for Cannonball Infantry Replacement Entity, because he/she knows what will happen if his/her job isn't done well ;)

looks like i manage to get him to join the cnc forums

We need to be really sure of that, hopefully future news will cover this. And most importantly, like NodSoldierGirl and I spoke before, we need someone who is open to both Westwood & EA, 50-50. One-sided ones only lead to an unnecessary battle between the 2 sides again, or worse, still continue to escalate it.

Edited by Silverthorn

Guest Stevie_K

Will be interesting to find out about this guy, and whether he it is actually the new CM at all.

btw. is there an ignore feature somewhere?

We need to be really sure of that, hopefully future news will cover this. And most importantly, like NodSoldierGirl and I spoke before, we need someone who is open to both Westwood & EA, 50-50. One-sided ones only lead to an unnecessary battle between the 2 sides again, or worse, still continue to escalate it.

Silverthorn, for the last and final time. Westwood is gone. The new CM doesn't have support a dead brand name. Once the new CM is officially announced its all about moving forward. So quit digging up the past and trying to fuel this EA vs Westwood conflict that has never existed.

The home of Command & Conquer is EA Los Angeles, not Westwood.... the sooner you understand that the better. Then you can join the rest of us in 2011 instead of living the year 1998.

btw. is there an ignore feature somewhere?

Yes there is, view the Member Profile for the user, on the left there in an Options menu, click on Ignore User.

nuSdq.png

Admins/Mods and some other groups can't be ignored though.

Do you ever read my post when it comes to the body of WW is dead but the spirit lives on? Moreover, did you read a post in one of the Machinima videos that I said, there are WW fans depended on EALA to take over its shoes but it did not happen.

So I tell you again, as long as the franchise is still alive instead of being buried, the WW spirit inside the WW fans and me will NEVER move on! If you feel bugged about this one, is it easy to just ignore? And again, the older fans here today are grown ups like me, they know WW too, so you think you can just delete WW & its fans out of history like magic?

And to clarify that, I'm 70% WW & 30% EALA, so I did move on but only a little bit. I was counting on them to fill in WW's shoes, but again, when that breaks my heart and saw how they were handling the franchise, my WW percentage just go up and up. Last time I used to be 35% WW & 65% EA (And was increasing but now it's not after Generals was released). Please don't make me insult further and rate your percentage, I can be annoying as you see, but let's face it, as long as the franchise is still alive, the WW spirit will stay until the next good game finally comes out.

Edited by Silverthorn

Guest Stevie_K

Do you seriously have nothing better to do than brag about EA all the time?

I don't care if you are 70% this and 30% that. As a matter of fact I think no one does.

If you seek compassion or acknowledgement on these statements and opinions, I think you should look somewhere else.

Thanks Sonic, that feature will come in handy very soon.

Yeah, I know someone will surely don't care of what percentage I'm in. And I got the feeling this will be really childish, because it really is.

Like I said before, as long as the franchise is still alive instead of being buried, then the whole unnecessary twists and turns can happen. Unless if EA decides to bury it and rename the franchise to be like a spin-off but inspired from the original C&C stuff, then the whining can be stopped too, it's one of the other alternatives if they find RTS is still a precious genre to worth fighting for.

As for the new CM, I pray and sure hope for the best. If that person is a pure EA-sided one, I will not scream "Arrgg, we're gonna die! We're doomed and C&C is gonna get tortured over and over again!", I just hope for the best, if C&C do get tortured again, you can say it's best and the time that we boycott EALA to bury it, or maybe the simplest way is to just give up and move on if we are all too weak to form a protest party in front of their offices. As for me try to move out of the franchise and just give it up, that will take time and I'll think about it.

PS : You should try the former L4D2 Boycott, it may look like a failure to many people. But actually it's more of a success when the Valve dev team heard it, and even Machinima knew about it too.

Edited by Silverthorn

Sonic, he wants to be locked in 1998. Let him be. Westwood is dead nowadays and such thing called Westwood spirit that he claims to be fantastic does not exist anymore.

Anyway, EA_CIRE is the new man and I hope he does something good for C&C community. And good luck.

Westwood is dead. Get over it. If you're going to move on because of those ancient software company politics, you've had a decade to make your move. If you want to complain about the game C&C4 go ahead, it was trash, but it's not the only C&C game developed in the past decade. The rest were generally acceptable or even good!

The L4D2 thing is not related at all, it was Valve trying to release a game on time for once and then they were surprised at how mad people were.