Sonic

CNCNZ.com|C&C365 Poll: The Faces of CABAL: Who's Your Favourite?

The last poll here on CNCNZ.com was not so great, so its time for something better. With everyone's favourite Computer Assisted Biologically Augmented Lifeform recently getting his own page on Facebook, we thought it would be a good time to find out which version CABAL you like the most. Is it the original CABAL from Tiberian Sun. Maybe the massively upgraded and extremely aggressive CABAL that appeared in Firestorm. And finally CABAL, aka Legion, from Kane's Wrath.

If your reading this update on the main page just look to your right and vote in the poll box, if your reading this via the forums click here to cast your vote. And, as always, don't forget to share any feedback or comments about this poll as well.

54.png

Here are the results of our previous poll, Do you follow CNCNZ.com on..... 19% follow us on Facebook but a whopping 50% don't follow us on any of the social networking site. Results that I don't find all that surprising really. The full results of this poll can be found right here.

So far the Firestorm version leads with 50%. I think it's the lamest, though

Nah, TS was ok, but they refined him for FS, then went crazy in TW.

And finally CABAL, aka Legion, from Kane's Wrath.

Legion was a descendant of CABAL, but the real CABAL did make an appearance in the FMVs, which is the one pictured.

Anyway, they aren't the same AI.

Normally I should vote for the FS version as well, but I imagine what if the red TS Cabal is kept intact throughout FS (without changing to the blue one) and then who knows that is kickass. But oh well, my favorite can switch to the FS version as well. KW's was just ok, but at least he still looks menacing.

The original TS for me, though I thought Firestorm as a game was infinitely better than the vanilla.

The FS one was too human-looking... the vagueness made him creepier in the original.

The skull thing in KW was just too much.

LEGION was really poor. KW was really poor. It didn't make sense, and it still doesn't. At all. :banghead:

Guest Stevie_K

Firestorm, no doubt.

The face of anonymity is just perfect for the evil mastermind that it is.

The one from KW is just plain ridiculous.

LEGION was really poor. KW was really poor. It didn't make sense, and it still doesn't. At all. :banghead:

Firestorm, no doubt.

The face of anonymity is just perfect for the evil mastermind that it is.

The one from KW is just plain ridiculous.

Truth can be found in above quotes.

I'm looking... help me out.

The original was a lot more detached and menacing, something the Firestorm one seemed to lack. Kane's Wrath brought it back in the right direction, but didn't feel quite right, it was a little overdone.

I seem to recall CABAL being more controllable in TS, an is by Nod and Kane, in Firestorm he begins to take over as these videos show.

So there for CABAL in Firestorm was the most dangerous. As was Legion/CABAL in KW.

CABAL has always been a very dangerous AI, a lot more capable of thinking itself than EVA, for example. And it only listens to Kane.

A random vid I found... of Cabal sound bytes.

This reinforces TibSun Cabal as my fav.

This reinforces TibSun Cabal as my fav.

Um... why? Because it says Tiberian Sun in big letters throughout the video?

By the way, this is the original video created by the guy that made the music, it actually shows all three versions of CABAL at 1/3 intervals:

The FS one was too human-looking... the vagueness made him creepier in the original.

Cabal_2.jpg

Nmenth, it's a combination "I judge my AI but it's looks" and "less is more". In my opinion there was an undertone that is more sinister when implied rather than implemented. I loved the feeling that I was trying to 'hold the reins of a wild horse" in the first game, that there was an element of apprehension because you weren't sure you were in complete control... and how long that would last. Firestorm was still the better game, but I preferred the original version.

(Wasn't Cabal still running my base in the Nod SP campaign - I forget. How was that rationalised?)

The KW version sucked.

The TS and FS versions are both good, but the FS version wins out and here's why. The TS version looks far more controlled and tame. You look at it as merely a computer with some evil tendencies. Which is right, considering CABAL's role in that game.

The FS version depicts something far more powerful and independent. The more human look is indicative of how CABAL considers himself as powerful or more powerful than the humans. He has more personality, he thinks for himself more, and he is one scary mother****er. The face we know from FS is the one that is feared. It is the most recognizable. So it wins. :P

Just my thoughts.

The KW version sucked.

The TS and FS versions are both good, but the FS version wins out and here's why. The TS version looks far more controlled and tame. You look at it as merely a computer with some evil tendencies. Which is right, considering CABAL's role in that game.

The FS version depicts something far more powerful and independent. The more human look is indicative of how CABAL considers himself as powerful or more powerful than the humans. He has more personality, he thinks for himself more, and he is one scary mother****er. The face we know from FS is the one that is feared. It is the most recognizable. So it wins. :P

Just my thoughts.

Oh well, yeah, the KW version just doesn't feel the same.

As for the FS version, well, perhaps I finally changed my vote. The TS one was tamed and the FS version is more badass the way you described. Nice write! :thumbsup:

You're welcome.

When the poll closes, let's see which version gets the win. I hope my FS version choice is the finalized version, but I'm sure I have full confidence that this choice will be the winner.