Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

The New C&C Community Manager Speaks

The new C&C Community Manager, known as EA_CIRE, has made his first post on the Official C&C Forums. He doesn't reveal who he is or give away to much. But he says we lots to look forward to.

Knock Knock – I got a present for ya!

Hello my beloved C&C Community. Yes, your thoughts are right as there is a new Community Manager here at the Studio to fight for your needs. I can’t tell you much about me right now, but I want to make sure that you all know that I am one of yours – I grew up with the whole C&C franchise and have been a dedicated part of this awesome Community for over 7 years now. But now the time has come where we need to get over the mistakes we’ve made in the past and use the lessons learned to prepare for the new C&C era.

I will tell you who I am with our first BOOM we’re preparing - you will love it! So stay patient, my army of commanders. We’ll need you on the future battlefields!

And trust me, I don't want to walk around with a paper bag on my head forever!!!

Click here for the original post.

Hmm... well onwards and upwards I suppose.

Is it the light we are looking for at the end of the tunnel?

Edited by kklkit

7 years? Psh. I got more than twice that :P

Anyway, yeah, hope he'll do the community some good.

I will tell you who I am with our first BOOM we’re preparing

Looks like another announcement is coming up? E3 perhaps

First of all, it has been confirmed that EA_CIRE is Eric, formerly aka EA_Gambler, the German C&C CM.

Second of all, a new unofficial C&C website "www.cncstage.com" has been opened along with its new forums. That site is still going under major repairs and additions. EA has yet to make it official until the new announcement is made. Right now, some people have reported that the site is a phishing site.

Third of all, EALA has a new studio for the future RTS gaming, Victory Games. I think that new name should be renamed to Westwood Games instead because the new studio name 'Victory' doesn't quite fit. There's no victory in EALA, since EA support is terrible, and recent C&C games aren't that great and polished. In LA, there is a town community called Westwood, which includes UCLA. Why EALA hadn't thought of that?

Edited by zocom7

7 years? Psh. I got more than twice that :P

That's why you're more popular than any community manager period.

Third of all, EALA has a new studio for the future RTS gaming, Victory Games. I think that new name should be renamed to Westwood Games instead because the new studio name 'Victory' doesn't quite fit. There's no victory in EALA, since EA support is terrible, and recent C&C games aren't that great and polished. In LA, there is a town community called Westwood, which includes UCLA. Why EALA hadn't thought of that?

AFAIK, EALA has changed completely and is called Danger Close

AFAIK, EALA has changed completely and is called Danger Close

Danger Close studios is for the FPS games only. Victory Games is for the RTS games. Sounds like EALA may have officially split up.

Danger Close studios is for the FPS games only. Victory Games is for the RTS games. Sounds like EALA may have officially split up.

EALA for FPS? Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

Hmmmmmm... nothing on MobyGames about Victory Games except this... they made a text adult game in 1986?????????

Or are the game developers running out of names for their companies? :P

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

Officially split up? I hope we can find a news about their split up, but of course, I know they'll still work together as one. And if it does split up into different studios and far away from each other (Although Petroglyph is a next door neighbor, it's still considered as far away), then I say it's good news, or maybe not. Unless if those bad execs are gone or replaced, then it's the best news WW fans will ever hear.

PS : I hope you don't ask why I keep mentioning the EALA execs, like I said, unless if I see an Apology Letter from them including how C&C4 turned out and why they did it (My main suspect on them has always been for the money), including saying the word "We regret it", then I can forgive them.

PS : I hope you don't ask why I keep mentioning the EALA execs, like I said, unless if I see an Apology Letter from them including how C&C4 turned out and why they did it (My main suspect on them has always been for the money), including saying the word "We regret it", then I can forgive them.

We are all disgusted by C&C 4. Quit pretending that you're the only one who hates EALA because of that and stop making posts that are almost copy-paste, just in different words every time.

For those who haven't figured out things just yet. EALA is still there. Its a huge campus. There are 2 big buildings located on the Playa Vista site. What are EA are doing is creating smaller studios that are all based at this one location. First we have the Danger Close team making the Medal of Honor games (FPS), now we have Victory Studios making the next C&C (RTS). Think of them as product divisions. All of these games fit under the EA Games global brand.

We are all disgusted by C&C 4. Quit pretending that you're the only one who hates EALA because of that and stop making posts that are almost copy-paste, just in different words every time.

I guess you're right, my repetitiveness on C&C4 and also the execs has to go. But the execs part is really hard to go, but I'll get over it. We may not forgive them but we can give them only ONE LAST chance!

Well it appears one German C&C modder doesn't appreciate the new C&C CM:

OMG ... please everyone but not Gambler! D:

Well ... I - as a German community member - am not really satisfied that Gambler is now global CM. Oo

As German CM he didn't really heard what the German community said. I can not remember anything positive he ever reached there. But what I remember are some sad things. He ignored ALL concerns of modders. He was partial responsible for the (let's call it) shutdown of one of the biggest (official) German fan sites when he kicked the last, most active and best news poster there. IIRC he never really supported the community in general and their concerns and it didn't interest him very much that the German community is totally estranged.

And now he is global CM? I can just hope that he won't fail. It looks like he was just working for himself, but not for the community. Time will tell ...

Really most of us don't know much about Eric the Gambler.

Hmm.. a new community manager who likes C&C Generals (and C&C3) most but actually any C&C (does that include C&C4?) most,

is kinda strange.

I mean: Generals might be a good game but it doesn't really belong to the C&C series. C&C was just used as a selling label.

Furthermore, Generals was his first C&C game that just sounds wrong. If it would have been C&C3, I could agree more with ti.

(At least it wasn't C&C4 :) ).

But we will see how this turns out.

Edited by ghost_zero

Actually, the short autobiography on the official site said that after he got Generals, he got into C&C95 and RA1 because his older sister still played those.

It's not surprising that the first C&C game he ever played holds a special place for him though; I think that's true for most of us.