Sign in to follow this  
Nmenth

Help Nathan Buy Firefly

This is kind of funny; the way I understand it, Nathan Fillion (Captain Malcolm Reynolds) said if he had enough money, he would buy the rights to regroup the cast and make new episodes of Firefly and air them on the web.

Some people thought that sounded like a good idea and created helpnathanbuyfirefly.com to accomplish just that.

They think Nathan was probably kidding, but hope that if they get enough people to pledge money, they can convince Joss Whedon to actually go for it anyway.

As of now, you don't have to actually send any real money as the site acknowledges it would be suspicious if they took your money when you didn't know to who or where it was going.

Oh wow. That would be pretty cool, heh.

I never really got into Firefly, but this sounds like yet another one of those silly little TV pipedreams. Fact of the matter is American TV sucks because, one, its sucks. And two they always cancel the good shows whilst mediocre nonsense (Two and a Half Men) a renewed year after year.

they always cancel the good shows whilst mediocre nonsense (Two and a Half Men) a renewed year after year.

Pathetic, isn't it... :no:

Edit:

Just saw that Two and a Half Men got canceled. Hee hee, irony.

I have the Firefly complete season DVD pack, only ever watched the pilot episode, found it somewhat boring.

Anyone ever seen the Firefly references in the Big Bang Theory?

From the flash back episode when Leonard met Sheldon....

As for Two and a Half Men, I think its a funny show. But I don't care if gets cancelled. Its had its run. Here in NZ its on like 3 nights a week. New episodes on Wednesday, repeats on Friday and Saturday. If Two and a Half Men has been given the chop its probably all due to Charlie Sheen, the show goes where Sheen goes. He quits and its over. You gotta admit, Sheen is the man, CBS paid the guy millions to play himself on TV for 7 years. He laughing all the way to the bank.

I LOL'd on the second one when Sheldon says "It'll be on for years." Seems like a subtle BAZINGA now :D

I have the Firefly complete season DVD pack, only ever watched the pilot episode, found it somewhat boring.

Blasphemy! How could you own the complete series and never watch it?

If Two and a Half Men has been given the chop its probably all due to Charlie Sheen, the show goes where Sheen goes.

According to Wikipedia,

Two and a Half Men would cease production for the season, due to Charlie Sheen's verbal attacks on the show's producer on The Alex Jones Show.

Meh. Sci-fi blows. Good riddance.

Firefly wasn't your standard "sci-fi" by any means, it was more western than sci-fi.

With a hardly relevant comment like that, it sounds as if you are just trying to be a troll.

Yeah... Firefly is a masterpiece.

Firefly wasn't your standard "sci-fi" by any means, it was more western than sci-fi.

With a hardly relevant comment like that, it sounds as if you are just trying to be a troll.

You haven't seen me scathe sci-fi, have you? I'm very dissatisfied with what I've seen of the 'best' sci-fi and I've been none too impressed by it; it leaves me bored and wishing it was something else.

Guest Stevie_K
it leaves me bored and wishing it was something else.

Maybe you think Firefly sucks, but you can't lay down on a wide genre like sci-fi?

If so, what "else" do you wish it were? :huh:

You don't realize how much I've seen, do you? It's not just Firefly. It's nearly everything I've seen of it. The only sci-fi I can even stand is Dune.

aah but which Dune...

And what else?

Blasphemy! How could you own the complete series and never watch it?

Just haven't got around it. It was about this time last year I managed to buy both the Firefly complete season collection and the Serenity movie for about $25. I've a got a whole stack of DVDs I haven't watched yet.... from the photo below....

6ebVd.jpg

• From Dusk Till Dawn
  • Blue Thunder
  • The Expendables
  • Back to the Future Trilogy (seen them heaps over the years though)
  • SGU Extended Pilot
  • Firefly
  • Generation Kill
  • Sanctuary Season 2
  • Star Trek TNG Season 3 (not pictured)
Yeah... Firefly is a masterpiece.

A masterpiece you say.... so good it only lasted 1 season. That means Stargate SG1 must be absolute brilliance since it when for 10 seasons :P

[*]Star Trek TNG Season 3 (not pictured)

You haven't watched STTNG S3? EVER???

A masterpiece you say.... so good it only lasted 1 season. That means Stargate SG1 must be absolute brilliance since it when for 10 seasons :P

It was set up to fail before it began. Fox didn't want it, so they killed it, simple as that.

SG1 was brilliant. :)

Until Richard Dean Anderson left. :(

And then Claudia Black made it even worse. :mad:

I don't think quality should be measured by how many seasons a series has. Quite the opposite even, since they seem to cancel all good series.

It was set up to fail before it began. Fox didn't want it, so they killed it, simple as that.

SG1 was brilliant. :)

Until Richard Dean Anderson left. :(

And then Claudia Black made it even worse. :mad:

What?!? I loved Claudia.

Vala = The single worst Stargate character of all time, including Atlantis and Universe.

Eh Stargate started to stink around season 4 in my opinion, because more of a comedy than a 'sci fi action' show.

As for Vala, eh, I'm indifferent, her interactions with Daniel were rather painful to watch to be fair.