Sign in to follow this  
RainXc

New C&C Roleplay 2 Mod Video

C&C Roleplay 2 has just posted a video, showing the mod's new AI traffic system. C&C Roleplay 2 is based around creating a Grand Theft Auto-like mod for Command & Conquer: Renegade. The mod has unique features such as a working cellphone, swimming, boats, submarines, Ferraris, trains, harriers, helicopters, trucks, cars and even a SCUD missile launcher on a massive map.

This is just a short video showing the new AI I'm working on driving around the streets of San Casina, as well as buying vehicles.

More information and screen shots can be found on the C&C Roleplay 2 website. The C&C Roleplay 2 v2.2 Public Beta was released a few months ago. You can download the mod by clicking here.

Guest Stevie_K

Still think that this Mod is rather "un-C&C". tbh I don't see much relevance to the RTS themed C&C (and also close to none CNCNZ interest for that matter). :P

I've checked the Mod out, and these guys are pushing a huge amount of work into it, but the very goal of this Mod is still covered in a "fog of war" to me.

the very goal of this Mod is still covered in a "fog of war" to me.

I think it is meant to be sort of a "sandbox" type game in which you just do whatever you want.

Still think that this Mod is rather "un-C&C". tbh I don't see much relevance to the RTS themed C&C (and also close to none CNCNZ interest for that matter). :P

Not sure why you mention the CNCNZ.com name. But I think your forgetting the purpose behind modding. Its about taking one thing and attempting to turn into something else. Keeping the C&C RTS roots is not what this mod or many others is about. Its mod for C&C Renegade so we cover it.

Guest Stevie_K
Not sure why you mention the CNCNZ.com name. But I think your forgetting the purpose behind modding. Its about taking one thing and attempting to turn into something else. Keeping the C&C RTS roots is not what this mod or many others is about. Its mod for C&C Renegade so we cover it.

I was referring to it's users. No harm intended.

I'm not forgetting anything. But I think that there's a difference between the purpose behind modding and the purpose of covering updates about them.

I'm not criticizing this Mod, I simply wondered what it's purpose is.

I think it is meant to be sort of a "sandbox" type game in which you just do whatever you want.

Free for all, death match, sandbox is about right for 2.2 and previous versions of RP2... although it did have a zombie mod in 1.4, but that was long ago now.

I was referring to it's users. No harm intended.

I'm not forgetting anything. But I think that there's a difference between the purpose behind modding and the purpose of covering updates about them.

I'm not criticizing this Mod, I simply wondered what it's purpose is.

It is still on the C&C Renegade engine and that is why they covered it I am sure, in addition they realize that anything RP2 makes can (with a little extra work perhaps), be moved and deployed onto a stock Renegade map. The AI in this video are doing more than just a car following the road around the map; they start off as soldiers, wonder around the map until they have enough money to buy a vehicle, then once they have acquired a vehicle they follow the roads. There are parts of this AI that are evaluating targets to decide if they are enemy, the AI investigates sounds, selects different weapons for certain threats. The end goal of the AI is to simulate a player (even if it’s a n00b player); however I'm not going to deny that with a bit of work, the AI could be changed to repair buildings, attack enemy bases, and do other things that a player would do in a stock C&C Renegade round. So, if you need a reason that this relates to Renegade, that is the best one I can give for you.

As for goal of the mod, it is going to have more objective in 2.3 and will have the following game mods:

*Cops Verses Robbers (Player vs. AI cops where you have to capture and hold hideouts while also stealing loot to score).

*Free For all (pretty much the same as current but improved weapon/vehicle power/speed balance).

*And one other that I am still planning...

Guest Stevie_K

Thanks for stopping by :thumbsup:

It sounds pretty awesome.

Thanks for stopping by :thumbsup:

It sounds pretty awesome.

We'll see, depends how all the code ends up playing out in the end. :thumbsup: