Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

CnC: Final War Moves to Project Perfect Mod

The popular CnC: Final War mod for Yuri's Revenge has moved to it's new home at Project Perfect Mod. It now has fresh new forums for fans to discuss the development of the mod. While there isn't much new stuff to show at this stage, a new gameplay video has been posted. Watch it below. CnC: Final War is powered by Ares.

You can learn more about CnC: Final War by visiting their new forum.

Seems interesting... too bad there aren't any screenshots on the forums yet.

That Kirov replacement at the end of the video is an epic fail :P

@Sonic: Major appreciation for posting this man, I was pleasantly surprised when I came across CNCNZ's front page and saw my video! I just have a forum at PPM, I'm still very much hosted at the great Freedom Studios.

@Plokite_Wolf: Yeah, the Kirov replacement's not the greatest as the spinning rotors stop spinning when it's not moving. But all beta projects have bugs that get hammered out, so it's just a matter of finding an alternate solution.

@Plokite_Wolf: Yeah, the Kirov replacement's not the greatest as the spinning rotors stop spinning when it's not moving. But all beta projects have bugs that get hammered out, so it's just a matter of finding an alternate solution.

Actually, no offense, I don't think you had to replace the Westwood Kirov in the first place :P

It seems a lot of RA2/YR modders feel the need to replace everything, if they can. I am a fan of simplicity and the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" idealism myself.

It seems a lot of RA2/YR modders feel the need to replace everything, if they can. I am a fan of simplicity and the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" idealism myself.

This, however, doesn't apply with azri_apoc's voxels. That guy can remake stock WW voxels to make any other voxel-maker ashamed :o

Most of the Westwood voxels are terribly done, and I include the Kirov in that list. I'm not aiming to replace everything for the sake of everything, but I'm updating the graphics to better suit the mod's tone and quality levels.

And if only Azri_Apoc had a new Kirov to use. One can always hope he'll surprise me.

Yeah, since almost everything in Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge looked like someone just threw up after too many drinks, I can't see your point.

Whilst Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge are great games, the majority of the graphics could do with major improvement, which is just one of the multiple factors that this mod is set out to change. I agree with the saying "Don't fix what isn't broken", but I do agree with "Fix what is fucked!".

In my opinion, which may put me in a minority, many new graphics featured in mods suck three times worse than anything Westwood put out.

Of course I use the word "new" loosely as a lot of modders seem to really like pre-release art, which is actually old and apparently sub-par even by Westwood's standards.

I should clarify though, lest I appear to be mocking this particular mod, I am talking in generalizations, not specifics. I would never attack a specific mod as I know how much work goes into making one and my opinions will not be more than opinions of mine.