Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rabbit

Episode Building - Season 3

Guest Rabbit

So, here's some of the stuff I've put together. As of now, I'm halfway done taking all the pictures I need for the first episode of the return of Season 3 of Tiberian Legos.

Here's some of the stuff I've included.

img_0108.jpg

These are all the soldiers on the GDI team. For whatever reason, one seems to have lost his helmet. For that he'll probably be punished, thought it might be behind the scenes. I don't plan on using him, unless he's being used as a dead guy or something. Maybe I can improvise another hat or a blob of Tiberium on his head.

img_0107.jpg

So, you should recognize the wolverine on the right, used in previous episodes. The new unit on the left is a Titan. It has a cannon, stolen from a lego pirate set mast my brother had at one point a long time ago. Still works alright, I guess. Heh.

img_0106.jpg

This is just me fiddling with some of the pieces. Don't really see anything important or special here. Sucks, I have to build a Kodiak. A crashed one at that. What a hassle that will be.

img_0109.jpg

Anybody remember this nuisance? Hah. Yep. I still have the SLOW sign.

That's all you get for now, I'll update more later, or you'll see the videos themselves.

...is it me, or is he missing the complete top of his head, and not just the helmet? :|

Those guys aren't Lego, they're an off-brand and that's how they make that kind.

I have three of those kind in desert camo (had four originally, but sold one).

omg faek lego?! Heresy!

btw, intentionally crappy construction aside, that titan really needs to be bigger. It's just not recognisable. From the pics I just thought it were 2 wolverines.

Just adding a few more layers of blocks into its legs and putting a simple 2x2 block as that counterweight thing on the back of the titan opposite of the cannon should probably help a lot.

Agreeing with Nyerguds, the Titan needs to be a little bigger.

Also any plans to build a Recon Bike, an Attack Buggy, a Tick Tank or even a re-modified Stealth Tank? :)

As long as the tech tree evolves like in the game, everything goes. It would be an overkill scenario if say a TS era Mammoth were to walk into the scene and blow everything up in a few seconds. As for the set and scenes, those tan/sand colored bricks give everything that great atmospheric feeling. I always wanted to get some of those but never found any in a decent quantity (in any store).

Also, aren't those soldier figures from Best-Lock's brick sets?

Guest Rabbit

They most certainly are. Fun fact, I found the helmet that the one guy was missing. Bottom of the barrel, as they say.

They most certainly are. Fun fact, I found the helmet that the one guy was missing. Bottom of the barrel, as they say.

Actually, I remember you used one of the figurines to give him a medic/engineer helmet made of clay. Is that him?

Guest Rabbit

Nah, I just covered their helmets with the appropriate color clay in a very thin layer.

Best-Lock? I thought those were Mega Blocks (I saw those in a local toy store when I was browsing for Gundam 00 1:144 HG scale models). Or maybe same company with different brand names. >.<

Say, Zee. Are the Nod Stealth Tank and the GDI Hover MRTS making their return to Tiberium Legos?

The more different types of vehicles we see, the better.

Edited by zocom7

Hover MRTS

MRTS stands for what? :huh:

Guest Rabbit

Say, Zee. Are the Nod Stealth Tank and the GDI Hover MRTS making their return to Tiberium Legos?

The more different types of vehicles we see, the better.

Well, the MLRS is already built and you'll see it very soon.

As for the stealth tank, I have no plans yet, but I'm sure I can come up with something.

MRTS stands for what? :huh:

Multi-Raunch Tocket System of course. ;)

Multi-Raunch Tocket System of course. ;)

Lol. I mistyped the abbreviation. It's MLRS (Multi-Launcher Rocket System). :P

Oh, thanks for the explanation. Imagine how embarassing it would have looked if we used MRTS everywhere.

Correction: It's "Multiple Launch Rocket System". ;)

Soooooo, when can we expect S03E04?

Guest Rabbit

Very Soon.

Guest Rabbit

Hover MLRS you say?

img_0761.jpg

Additionally, this current episode I'm working on (about 90% done) has taken about 1100 pictures so far. My usual episodes from a few years back would be between 600-800. That should definitely suggest an increase in length, if my blatant calculations are correct.

Hover MLRS you say?

EPIC WIN!!!! :o Probably your best Lego model ever!

EPIC WIN!!!! :o Probably your best Lego model ever!

Remember that "crappy looking" buildings and units are in fact easier to animate and are kind of a little trademark of the series.

Imagine what the Hover MLRS would look like if Zee spent a few hours designing it...

Additionally, this current episode I'm working on (about 90% done) has taken about 1100 pictures so far. My usual episodes from a few years back would be between 600-800. That should definitely suggest an increase in length, if my blatant calculations are correct.

I thought maybe we'll expect a short preview release this April Fool's Day? :P

As for that Hover MLRS, good work. How what about a larger Titan?

Guest Rabbit

I'm actually done taking all the pictures, as of today. You'll see another unit that I've yet to post, but I will add pictures after the episode is released. Your preview may become more than just that. ;)

How do you make a movie out of so many images so fast?

I'm fine with the current Titan.