Sign in to follow this  
Plok

Renegade Demo malfunction?

I have downloaded the Renegade Multiplayer-only demo here. When I make a LAN game with myself (I do that on APB too when I want to try something), my screen just goes grey with a text blinking: "Dedicated Renegade Server: Gameplay is pending"

Whatever I click, it doesn't respond, and I can only hit Escape for the ingame menu. How to start the game??? :scared:

Hm, try to check if it is a dedicated server you're running. Dedicated servers mean (if you're not familiar yet) that you will be running the game ONLY as a server/host; you won't be playing the game. It is often done in tournaments so as to ensure that no single player has a slight ping advantage (esp. in Garena games), or in pub games so as to ensure that the server/host's resources are dedicated to handling traffic from the players, ensuring smooth gameplay.

The server in LAN works mentally healthy on APB, so I can play alone in LAN as much as I want, same like in any other game that has LAN support.

So... this means I'm stuck with playing on Gamespy?

Dammit, I can't find a working game EVEN ON TORRENT SITES! This is the only remaining C&C game other than C&C 4 that I haven't played ever before, and I really want to try it.

Uuuum, I'm not supposed to say anything here, so I'll PM you something in a bit. >:D

P.S. Confirm if package was received. >:D

Edited by rSquar3d

"Gameplay is pending" means that you have configured the game so that it doesn't start until a set amount of players has joined.

I even tried putting the player limit to 1. No help. It doesn't recognize me as a player, only as a host, unlike in APB, where I can play alone in LAN as much as I want.

That's the demo. How about the full version? And don't forget to check if you have the dedicated server settings active.

As for the full version, I'm currently busy with the awesome single-player. I'll check this the next time I run it.

Yeah, Renegade is still fun... The diversity of weapons is just something EA can't replicate. Westwood was a master at that: diversity.

But I can't go back to that anymore; I'm too much of a Halo nut already at this point. >:D

But back to topic. If you encounter any more issues, just post; I'll be sure to answer within 24-48 hours. >:D

Nope. Same situation. But unlike the demo, the timer goes on.

So it seems you really need to play with someone... Try having someone to play with (a local friend). If it still doesn't work (that is, he can play with you as host but you can't), then that's a dedicated server thing. If you can play, that means Renegade really wants you to play with someone. But if I remember correctly, MP practice allows you to play solo with a bunch of AI cannon fodder. >:D

hey.... i have a problem with my renegade multiplayer game. every time i start with 1 player and unactivated dedicated server i see (game is pending) and nothing else what should i do??

Edited by Yuri Prime

You should have started a new topic for this question rather than hijack an old thread...

Anyway, if I remember correctly, it always does that if you set up a 1 person multiplayer game. You need to set up a 1 person LAN game to get it to work.

You should have started a new topic for this question rather than hijack an old thread...

Some forums encourage this. It's called being tidy.

• Downvote 1

its very easy. Before your game starts, you are in an options menu, where you can also select the maps. There should be somewhere an option with a "X" marked on "dedicated server". You make that thing away and host your game.

• Upvote 1

its very easy. Before your game starts, you are in an options menu, where you can also select the maps. There should be somewhere an option with a "X" marked on "dedicated server". You make that thing away and host your game.

Exactly. That's the solution to the problem.