Sign in to follow this  
ra95.exe

yuris revenge

hey all

i recently got the first decade... so i installed it and all and patched it with the unofficial patch 1.03 rev4 ... everythings working fine only when starting yuris revenge i get some strange screen like this here (the original ra2 also works...):

rayr.png

the resolution is set to 800x600 and i cant seem to change it not even in the ra2md.cfg ... it has no effect even if i make it read-only .... also the 64x gamemd.exe from the latest patch didnt help.... i tried lots of stuff like compatibility mode and running as administrator but it still wont work....

is there any way to fix this? help pls... :mellow:

oh i'm running windows 7 ultimate 64x if that helps in any way.... and i dont think my computer is too slow for the game o_O lol

i also didnt find much on google...... any help appreciated!

ok thx.. done that with the result that ra2 still works fine and yuris revenge just gives me a black screen.... =/ ...... what now?

edit: hmmm i just tested tiberian sun in 800x600 and then i get the same error so i guess its bc of the resolution? .... but the problem is when i change the resolution for yuris revenge in the ra2md.ini it just ignores it ..... it will continue to start in 800x600 .....

Edited by ra95.exe

Hi ra95.exe,

To quote myself on PPM about the graphics problem:

You got a Nvidia GeForce GTX465 or 470 or something like that?

If you do, try updating the drivers.

RA2 is not affected by this problem. I don't know about TS, but I know of at least three YR players the driver update worked for.

For the main menu resolution: It can't be changed. 800x600 is the only resolution the menu supports. The resolution set in the configuration file only applies in-game.

Hope this helps.

edit: Topic on CNCNZ on the graphics issue.

Edited by AlexB

Hi ra95.exe,

To quote myself on PPM about the graphics problem:

RA2 is not affected by this problem. I don't know about TS, but I know of at least three YR players the driver update worked for.

For the main menu resolution: It can't be changed. 800x600 is the only resolution the menu supports. The resolution set in the configuration file only applies in-game.

Hope this helps.

edit: Topic on CNCNZ on the graphics issue.

indeed i got such a graphics card... hmm will try the latest drivers in that case... although the ones i have right now are newer than the ones suggested in the other thread.... either way its worth a shot, thanks again :D

edit: haha who wouldve thought this is so simple!! XD works like a charm after getting new drivers lol..... (i feel kinda stupid now lol)

many thanks! :D

edit 2: lol although ever since the update tiberian sun and generals fails to start! XD lol... haha is there a way to get them all running? lol.....

edit 3: ok got it all working now.... its actually running under linux with wine as well..... thx again

Edited by ra95.exe