Sign in to follow this  
CCHyper

Project Update: 5th April 2011

HELL YEAH! is there any map is too small errors like TD?

Yes, though it is less likely as the maps are in general much bigger (except the first missions).

Hifi please tell us what we need to do to let RA1 run at this epic resolution!!

What Version? Downloadlink? Configurations?

Thanks in advance ;)

Edited by Bullet

The drawing errors are what i could not fix, the mouse bleeding for me was one big problem.

You got the source? Would be nice to know where i went wrong.

Awesome news though, kinda got fed up of it, glad you picked it up.

The drawing errors are what i could not fix, the mouse bleeding for me was one big problem.

You got the source? Would be nice to know where i went wrong.

Awesome news though, kinda got fed up of it, glad you picked it up.

Drop by the CnCNet channel.

I knew you figured it all out for the RA1 hi-res, hifi. Good job, though. :)

Edited by zocom7

Wow... glad that finally got solved. Now both games can have higher resolutions :D

Alpha 2 released with scrolling bug fix. I think the game is now actually playable.

What about saved files? Saved files in a old resolution cannot be loaded on high resolutions due to format change, meaning you must use a new save file ingame. That was applied in C&C, so I believe it goes the same to Red Alert 1, right?

What about saved files? Saved files in a old resolution cannot be loaded on high resolutions due to format change, meaning you must use a new save file ingame. That was applied in C&C, so I believe it goes the same to Red Alert 1, right?

Don't really give an EA. Just patching the resolution, nothing more.

Game should work fine, Nyerguds did this because he didn't know where the resolution values where saved.

You're my hero. Seriously.

I'll second that. I hate non-native resolutions, and I love Red Alert. Now there's no conflict

Game should work fine, Nyerguds did this because he didn't know where the resolution values where saved.

Actually, Tore said the same thing applied in RA. The problem is simply that the game saves and loads these values together with the rest of the sidebar information. They actually need to be reset somehow after the loading.

I recently fixed this problem, in C&C95 btw. I'll be releasing a new C&C95 patch soon.

The only reason why it hasn't been noticed too much is because most people just use it for online play :P

So to be clear saved games work for all resolutions now? and whatever fix was applied to TD can also be used for RA?

...could you please read what was posted afterwards before asking that? Also, Hyper isn't making this hi-res thing; hifi is.

I did read the following post, just quoted the wrong thing. My Mistake.

Actually, Tore said the same thing applied in RA. The problem is simply that the game saves and loads these values together with the rest of the sidebar information. They actually need to be reset somehow after the loading.

I recently fixed this problem, in C&C95 btw. I'll be releasing a new C&C95 patch soon.

Now that I read this again it is perfectly clear you meant the whole issue stopping sharing saves between was fixed, but at the time I thought you might have meant that a sidebar problem was fixed, but there was were separate resolution issues still unfixed.

Anyways glad to here it IS fixed, and glad to here that another 1.06D is coming out soon.

It's NOT fixed. I said I fixed it in C&C95. Not in RA. I'm not working on RA, but seeing as the games are similar I assume the fix will be the same there. What I posted there was simply a hint to hifi on how he'll have to fix it.

So... You guys know if RA v3.04a will be relased soon?

It's NOT fixed. I said I fixed it in C&C95. Not in RA. I'm not working on RA, but seeing as the games are similar I assume the fix will be the same there. What I posted there was simply a hint to hifi on how he'll have to fix it.

Sounds Good. If the problem is the same then CChyper or Hifi should have no trouble porting the solution.

So... You guys know if RA v3.04a will be relased soon?

Looking at the Todo list on the front page, the project is at least halfway there, as retaliation missions are the same, and Hifi has certainly made enough progress on hires (IMO) for the first release.

Magnet Link (torrent) (Could a mod remove the http:// from the magnate URI?)

Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4SCP2JFB

Original Post: http://www.cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=1612.0

Been working on this for a while. Optimizes the RA *.mixs, including the movies. Downside is modified *.mixs do not contain file descriptions.

Edited by Sonarpulse

No mix files have file descriptions. XCC just seems to give those descriptions to files if it identifies the original unedited mixfiles. But they're all from XCC itself; none of that is from the mixfile.

Yea! been wondering about this for ages, and it's great to here it's not my fault. I'm guessing that means the "load key" operation in XCC mix editor and "local mix database.dat" are for relating filenames to IDs.