Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

SETI in collapse?

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-al...0,5808332.story

You probably know this organization before; it does exist. The first time I have heard of this was in the movie Independence Day where scientists in SETI were searching for any extraterrestrial activity involving aliens.

See info on what SETI is.

Sadly nowadays, it appears they want to shut down the program after so many fears despite economic fears. Without the program and all of those satellites, Earth won't be safe from unusual phenomenons with a possible 2012 doomsday on the way.

Edited by zocom7

Oh dear god! Now the aliens can invade at any time and there is nothing we can do to stop it! Wait, they're already here, deactivating our defences! OMG RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!

Seriously though its hard to justify an organisation that hasn't achieved its goal since inception, specially with more pressing matters here on earth to contend with.

It's funded by private money, not government money. So long as the capital pours in, it's not going to be shut down.

I have a little box next to the words "care". It is left unchecked.

Guest Rabbit

Now guys, seriously here. This is an obvious blow to our extra-terrestrial defense. Now, I don't know about you, but our right to bear arms doesn't exactly mean Americans are going out and buying their own... oh wait, yeah, we all have telescopes and satellite dishes. Never mind.

...Earth won't be safe from unusual phenomenons with a possible 2012 doomsday on the way.

Good one :thumbsup:

Oh yes, SETI failed because searching for extra terrestrial life is as easy as sending a radio transmission into space and waiting for a response. Makes perfect sense.

I hope you're not serious.

You don't believe in that crap, do you? :huh:

The end is nigh! REPENT SINNERS!

Guest Stevie_K
The end is nigh! REPENT SINNERS!

Well, they say Jesus died for our sins. So if we don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

dude this is serious man i had this telescope that i used to look at the moon and one time i saw something like, right behind it, but then my mom called me tod o the dishes and when i got back it was gone.