Sign in to follow this  
Nmenth

Cartoon and Conquer #1

I've been planning on doing this for ages now, a C&C-themed cartoon strip.

As I foresee it, it will feature both Red Alert and Tiberium universe scenarios, and perhaps some of the well known people in the games, but I hope to make a majority of the cast be my own inventions without preset personalities and storylines.

Since I am lazy, I don't know how often I can produce these, but I imagine once a month shouldn't be too much to expect out of myself, and not so much that I become overwhelmed. To reduce the time and effert, I will use a fairly simplistic art style.

So without further delay, here is Cartoon & Conquer #1:

001-272x300.png

These guys will probably become regulars (in the Tiberium universe), and maybe eventually get names too. The first joke isn't too elaborate, but I want to kind of introduce the characters and get a better feel for the environment before I dive in to write more complex material.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Reminds me of the Blastwave internet comic. :)

I like the concept :)

Guest Rabbit

I think you can really go somewhere with this. How long does it take you to put a page together like that? Maybe it could turn into one of those rotators that websites like Penny Arcade, xkcd, Cyanide and Happiness, and such use, one of those day-to-day things.

Cool idea! Lookin' forward to the next one.

If you ever need a guy for some more complex drawings (Mammoths...), I'm at your disposal :)

How long does it take you to put a page together like that?

It took a few hours, but it's not something I'd like to do on too regular of a basis. I have so much other stuff to do with my time as well with which I am already procrastinating.

Still, since it is new, I think I'll put up another one sooner rather than later, but I think spans between episodes of less than two weeks is simply too much of a burden.

I've been thinking since posting this, Red Alert is somewhat unique in storyline, but not so much as Tiberium, and I have a lot more ideas for Tiberium jokes as well. So I think a majority of the strips will feature these three guys in the Tiberium universe with only an occasional Red Alert to mix things up.

I've already got the next episode planned out, solid concepts for two more, and thoughts for some more after that.

Yes, while not what I was going for, it did remind me of that comic as well. I liked that comic, so I guess that's not a bad thing.

It's great, you should make more!

That's the plan.

Cartoon and Conquer #2 will be posted on Friday. After that, there will probably be a minimum of two weeks between each strip.

Are you planning to make a blog or a real webpage with those?

Same humour style, indeed.

Mice16 from PPM did a parody strip like this before too, called Command & Comic :)

Same humour style, indeed.

#3 will be a slightly different style. I intend to do what jokes come to me, regardless of what type they are. Therefore, if some people prefer one kind, they might not like/get every strip I do. Of course, if you are open to any joke, then you may enjoy all of them. I may even throw in a few linear story arcs eventually too.

Mice16 from PPM did a parody strip like this before too, called Command & Comic :)

I wondered if anyone had tried it before... those appear to be direct jokes on the games themselves, which is still funny, but this is what I mean when I say I don't want to be bound to the franchise; I want to make jokes set in the universe not jokes at the universe.