Sign in to follow this  
Gben

RA3: Uprising USD$9.95 in US/Can

Yeah Uprising was rather good for what it was. :)

Still no global Steam discount?

Uprising was great, though maybe not as great an expansion as YR or KW, but, in its own way, fun.

I'll buy it for $9.99 USD on a retail box or DVD by mail rather than a digital download and let's see what EA can do about this. I think some people who bought Uprising might be issuing for a DVD by mail since they can't download 5+ GB of data. Has EA ever attempt to send in game DVD copies to customers by mail like this for people who bought their games and cannot download since it's digital download only?

And...... WHY HASN'T EA RELEASED A RED ALERT 3 TWO-IN-ONE PACK YET? :mad:

Edited by zocom7

Guest Rabbit

They won't offer anything like that (purchase by mail) because if everyone found they could buy direct, it would take game stores out of the picture.

And...... WHY HASN'T EA RELEASED A RED ALERT 3 TWO-IN-ONE PACK YET? :mad:

Direct2Drive has.

I'll buy it for $9.99 USD on a retail box or DVD by mail rather than a digital download and let's see what EA can do about this. I think some people who bought Uprising might be issuing for a DVD by mail since they can't download 5+ GB of data. Has EA ever attempt to send in game DVD copies to customers by mail like this for people who bought their games and cannot download since it's digital download only?

A 5 GB download is easy these days.

That's still a digital download though. No actual DVD is sent to you.

I think I still have some Uprising download codes somewhere to be used on the EA Store.... they are probably expired now though.

I think I still have some Uprising download codes somewhere to be used on the EA Store.... they are probably expired now though.

*looks at Sonic's favourite C&C*

I'm surprised.

I just remember APOC sending me some a long time ago.... at least I think he did, its been awhile. But like I said they are probably expired now so I'm not going to bother searching for them.

People who have modem or DSL are less likely to go for something like this when it comes to buying and downloading games from the Internet at a huge file size. It's still a sad thing that you can't even buy and get RA3 Uprising on Amazon or Ebay for mail delivery. So what's wrong with buying a game in the Internet and issue it for a DVD game copy by mail delivery if you can't download it after you buy it? It doesn't break a rule to use that as an excuse.

Even though you buy and download RA3 Uprising, you're still going to have to use your own DVD double-layer or dual-layer disc to write out the backup install data of the game. What EA has done was to save money on discs and packaging, but it does not simplify on how you would get it even though it's a digital download only.

Over 2 years later and your still bitching about Uprising not be released on DVD :rolleyes:

It was stupid that Uprising wasn't sold as a physical copy at release, it was stupid that I had to eventually buy a digital copy, and it is still stupid now.

The passage of time doesn't make it less stupid.

Not as stupid as bringing C&C4 into existence, of course, but nevertheless, stupid.

It IS cheaper this way for the customers too. I can't speak for other countries, but over here in Croatia, a new full-budget game costs 350 HRK, RA3 Premier Edition had a price of 400 HRK. This is a price probably with added shipping and all other expenses, as $40 is actually 208 HRK. Digital downloads, at least, won't rip you off.

I would've also liked that it was released as a DVD (you can now barely tell the difference from a legit and pirated version :haha:), but hey, less money for your most hated enemy.

Over 2 years later and your still bitching about Uprising not be released on DVD :rolleyes:

I agree with Nmenth on that stupidity about the digital download on RA3 Uprising. Even though anyone buy and download the game, write it to disk and then install it, you still need the disc to run the game and activate online.