Sign in to follow this  
yuki08

Just want to ask about Superweapon stuff

I'm new to this forum and got few questions here about ra2

I'm just wondering, is it possible to use superweapons in ra2 while superweapons button isn't set to enabled?

and is it possible to create new countries? (I mean i want to add countries like Taiwan, japan, Philippines and China)

Edited by yuki08

I'm just wondering, is it possible to use superweapons in ra2 while superweapons button isn't set to enabled?

Very possible, but it requires a quick modification. You'll have to set DisableableFromShell to no for the four superweapons (six in YR).

and is it possible to create new countries? (I mean i want to add countries like Taiwan, japan, Philippines and China)

In RA2, no. You can only replace them. In vanilla YR, the same holds true. However, with YR, you can use Ares, which does allow you to create new countries.

1. Is there any manual update for YR? it seems to me that the YR game that was given to me by my ex-boyfriend doesn't update using automatic patch?

2. I'm a newbie to this game and modding stuff, Is there any website that you can recommend that offers good modding tutorials? (just don't have much time to do some

research on several websites that offers different modding techniques due to my work as a nurse here in our country)

3. Some says Tibed is a good modding program, is this program safe to use? i mean does this program does not contain any worms or Trojan?

Yes its weird that female like me play games like this, but any help/advice will be much appreciated.

1. Is there any manual update for YR? it seems to me that the YR game that was given to me by my ex-boyfriend doesn't update using automatic patch?

http://cncnz.com/downloads/yurisrevenge/patches/, but this is English only. If you need another language, some googling may be required since the WW FTP has inexplicably been altered.

[EDIT] Perhaps not: ftp://ftp.westwood.com/pub/redalert2/update/

That houses all of the available language versions. If you get a 550 no directory error, try it in a few minutes.

2. I'm a newbie to this game and modding stuff, Is there any website that you can recommend that offers good modding tutorials?

PPM, YR Argentina, Editing Source...

3. Some says Tibed is a good modding program, is this program safe to use? i mean does this program does not contain any worms or Trojan?

Oh, I know it's safe for sure, but I don't recommend it. All you need is the XCC Utilities and common sense.

i always got this error message: "Old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match."

what does this mean?

That sounds like an error one would receive with a non-legitimate copy of the games. The message is basically saying the original file the patcher wants does not exist, but one with the same name is there but has been altered. Long and the short of it, reinstall the game if you own a legitimate copy, or buy a legit copy if you don't already have one.

Oh i see, it was my ex-boyfriend who installed this game so i have no idea if this was a fake game or not, anyway thanks for the help