• 3 - Pack SCB180
    Fixes in SCB181, SCB182, SCB187 and SCB198
  • 4 - SCB164ED - Assault campaign 04
    Triggers and teamtypes added
  • 5 - Pack SCB200
    RELEASED - (20 missions)

Edited by Solo

Hey Solo,

I just finished the mission name checking tool. This version has the ability to also check if there are conflicts between the different campaigns, to make sure (for example) no GDI mission can end up having the same ID as some multiplayer map (though of course, for Multi anything besides -EA can be ignored anyway).

nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cncstuff/CnCMissionNameChecker.rar

CnCMissionNameChecker.png

We already kinda had the conclusions... namely that all mission and multiplayer map numbers are perfectly safe, as long as minicampaigns are limited to use only the 20-99 and 900-999 ranges.

The only thing new in the conclusions is that I should never allow the use of missions with the civilian mission name letter. As can already be seen somewhat in the screenshot above, all SCC##??.ini missions with a number lower than 100 will conflict with the -EC and higher suffixes of the original Nod missions :P

Note that as long as the "Include Neutral" checkbox on the tool is not checked, the Neutral mission names won't be included in the internal IDs list, and no conflict message will show up for them :)

Another result of this study is the confirmation that it's entirely plausible to add the scj*.ini series to the new missions menu. It would allow me to put the Funpark campaigns of both GDI and Nod on top of the list. After all, ever since v1.06c, there is no obligatory relation between the filename and the player side inside the mission any more :) (and the relations that did exist originally were just because of bugs and sloppiness anyway)

Well this is good news!

I was not aware about this SCC option. Given that we are talking about this, do you know if exists options for multi1,2 and etc. I mean, something like SC1... or SCM1...? It's really not necessary, just asking for curiosity.

Also I'll pay attention if there's any mission made for the CIVILIAN side. I suspect there is only one, if there is any.

Other issue:

I've found some 5 to 10 missions with DINOS. I didn't try to classify them in any sense, but I kept it separated, out of the series so far (few times I have intuition). Now I could use SCJ for them so?

What would be the codes for the DINOS factory missions (of course, to avoid them)? One last thing, there's one mission where the DINOS are a reinforcement sent to be killed, it almost can't be noticed ingame. This one I kept in the packs, since it wasn't a DINO mission at all. Just to comment, my intention later is to change the DINOS reinforcement for human reinforcement, and then I' would put the original at the SCJ series.

Talking about campaigns: This part is in a HOLD, but I'm thinking to put the larger campaigns (more than 5 missions) below 100 and the smaller ones above 900.

Anyway, I'll look MNC (eheheeh) in the weekend. ;)

The stuff became even cooler now!

Edited by Solo

The mission name creation function simply gets a side, number, suffix 1 and suffix 2 value. So it works for all 10 sides in the game, only, all Multi-sides have the same M. Technically, internally, the multiplayer maps are read as being for side Multi1 I believe.

Since this takes just one letter that's set as "side letter" in the House data, this can't have M1/M2/etc in it. It's simply just one byte.

About the dino missions: Unless you play WITH the dinos, I don't see the issue. As I said though, implementing the scj* side is not done yet at this point. I may have to copy out the whole "read missions for side" piece of code and make it into a separate function to do this... which would be quite some work.

What do you mean with "DINOS factory missions" though? Dinosaurs can't be produces as far as I know; they're set to be unbuildable.

As for the dino side, technically, it's Special, but as I said, there is no relation between the filename and player side anymore.You can perfectly play with Nod in an SCG* mission.

... which would be quite some work ...

Nah, never mind about that. I thought it was something ready.

"DINOS factory missions"

Funpark. I was wondering if they were some SCJxx.bin/ini.

I was just commenting, I'm really not interested in Dinos.

Oh. Yes, the original funpark missions are scj[01-05]ea.ini. And the fact they didn't use Special as player side (it's used as the actual dinosaur enemies) indeed caused problems with savegames -_-

And I AM planning to integrate the scj* reading into the menu... just, probably not for the next patch.

Hi guys! I've been sending Solo my comments and questions, but now I have more, so I thought I'd sign up and bother everyone here with them instead ;) I'm slowly working my way through the missions and, although it's slow-progress (I'm pretty busy these days), I intend to set up a webpage to rate them. Here are my questions so far:

SCG100EA - my game crashes when I try to open this mission. Anyone else having this?

SCG109EA - Half-way through the mission I got mission accomplished, even though I wasn't doing anything at the time. Could someone check the victory triggers for it to see what might have happened?

SCG110EA - In the top-left corner is a power plant that seemed to be unattackable, making the mission impossible to win. I haven't replayed the mission to see if the bug is repeatable, but has anyone else encountered this?

SCG111EA - large patches of the map won't render for me in this mission.

SCG116EA - I swear I've destroyed utterly everything and scouted the entire map for possible stealth tanks, but this mission just refuses to give me victory... it would be a shame if I had to rate this one down for that because it was pretty damn fun :D

Edited by Run

Well, it's some stuff to check. I"ll see this in the weekend and let you know.

No rush - I'm sure I will have more questions about many more missions coming up ;) But it's good to get a list of the potential problems put somewhere. In the meantime, I'll replay 109 and 110 to see if I encounter the problems again.

Hmm, one detail: Didn't see anything yet but make sure you're playing the latest updates ...

Well, the mix file I'm using for the first GDI pack dates back to the 30th of June at the latest. Was it updated since then?

Or do you mean the game itself? I'm playing with V.1.06c r1f1.

Update: I replayed SCG110EA, and there's definitely an undestroyable power plant in the top left corner. It seems to be superimposed over a temple, which can be destroyed, but the power plant itself is like a ghost - units can travel through it and any attacks on the same ground do no damage. Not sure how this was overlooked when the mission was made :P

Edited by Run

Heh. I've seen similar effects when buiildings were "ran over" by a Gunboat (which, contrary to popular belief, does not just patrol on water, but in fact ignores any terrain or units/structures in its way and merrily steams over them).

----------

Solo: I was contacted (by PM) by a guy called BiggiX (who apparenty doesn't speak English very well) to review a mission pack he had compiled from several sources.

I looked through them, and a lot of them seem to already be in your files, but as always, there may be more. I asked him to post the original mission downloads as he found them here in this thread though, since a lot of these are missing information on who made them.

The missions pack can be downloaded here: https://rapidshare.c...210/SC-MISS.rar

I've made it easy for you, and written down all names of the missions in there. Can you double check those with the mission list you got, and see if there are any new ones?

The missions:

SCB38 Civil Guard (by Nyerguds)

SCB39 Tiberium Poisoning (by Nyerguds)

SCB40-SCB43 Operation Ion (1-2-3-4)

SCB44 Island Assault

SCB45 Waypoint Action

SCB46 Green Beret Grunts

SCB47 A New Ally

SCB48-SCB50 The Fall of GDI (1-2-3)

SCB51 The Rebirth of Nod

SCB52 Counterattack (by Jafet Kackur, aka 'Jk')

SCB53-scb55 Amazon War (1-2-3-4-5) (by Andrew Griffin)

SCB58-SCB59 N64 Special Ops NOD (1-2) (by Westwood. Ignore it, it's in my patch :P)

SCB62-SCB63 J.F. Kohlrus' missions (not going to list them all. Old version, without my English translations)

SCB64-SCB66 The Chemical War (1-2-3) (by Nyerguds)

SCB67-SCB70 J.F. Kohlrus' missions (not going to list them all. Old version, without my English translations)

SCB71 BBQ Party (by TriLObYtE)

SCB72 Troops We Have (by TriLObYtE)

SCG42 Redemption Denied (by TriLObYtE)

SCG43 The Battle for Europe

SCG44 Tiberium Garden Skirmish (by TriLObYtE)

SCG54-SCG59 J.F. Kohlrus' missions (not going to list them all. Old version, without my English translations)

SCG64-SCG77 J.F. Kohlrus' missions (not going to list them all. Old version, without my English translations)

SCG78 Ground Control (by Jafet Kackur, aka 'Jk')

SCG79-SCG83 Cybernetics 'R Us (1-2-3-4-5) (by Andrew Griffin)

SCG84 Retake The hills

SCG85-SCG90 The GDI Airforce (1-2-3-4-5-6) (by Joachim Bickel)

SCG91 The CABAL Computer (by Nyerguds)

SCG92 Doomed Desert (by Nyerguds)

SCG93 Traitor Alliance (by Nyerguds)

SCG94 Nuclear Destruction (only #1 of a 4-mission campaign. Probably old version) (by Sunny Lee)

SCG95 Syndrome - The Medical Facility (by Mark Stevens)

SCG96-SCG98 And Justice For All (1-2-3) (by Richard Kee)

SCG99 Battle of the Rhine

You should already have all those I identified by creator, they're all in my Open directory, in the missions and campaigns folders.

I'm not sure if you already added the missions by TriLObYtE yet though. They were discussed on the C&C Comm Center forum, in the Skirmish mode topic. (also, check out my new reply there ;) )

The lastest MIX file of this pack is from October.

Although I don't remember of having changing it recently, I suggest you to play the updated one:

SCG100 - Everything working normal here (including being busted by the chem warriors...);

SCG109 - The latest edition of this mission is from 4th of July.

These are the notes on this mission:

- Splitted trigger WIN in WIN1 (Allow) and WIN

- Added trigger DIE2 @ Bridge

- Teamtypes rfn1 and rfn2 not connected

Trigger WIN is for the elimination of Nod

and WIN1 is for the elimination of Multi1

I'll probably reassign the code of this mission later, it won't be 109 anymore.

We have to wait.

SCG110 - I'll relocate this power plant to avoid bugs. Thanks for the warning.

SCG111 - I'm not sure where the problems are on this one, but I'll edit the map for bad finishments wherever they are.

Patches of a different theater might have been used.

SCG116 - The WIN trigger doesn't make sense:

win=Any,Cap=Win/Des=Lose,0,BadGuy,None,0

Multi3 and Nod are allies

The trigger is not connected to any structure also.

I have some doubts about the usage of this command.

Let's see later what I'll do about it.

Edited by Solo

Heh. I've seen similar effects when buiildings were "ran over" by a Gunboat (which, contrary to popular belief, does not just patrol on water, but in fact ignores any terrain or units/structures in its way and merrily steams over them).

To be honest, the Gunboat seems to be the most annoying unit in TD for a mapmaker: The potential is high, the execution is poor.

----------

I've made it easy for you, and written down all names of the missions in there. Can you double check those with the mission list you got, and see if there are any new ones?

Thanks, man. I'll see them in a while. But I sense there are "new" missions, yes.

I'll edit this post later.

I'm not sure if you already added the missions by TriLObYtE yet though. They were discussed on the C&C Comm Center forum, in the Skirmish mode topic. (also, check out my new reply there ;) )

Yes I have them, great missions btw.

I think I haven't release all of them yet (GDI list is larger than Nod list).

Yes, I'm observing that thread and I'm going there right now to check the answers I'm looking for eheheheh

This is an answer to post 63

"New" Missions:

SCB40-SCB43 Operation Ion (1-2-3-4)

SCB44 Island Assault

SCB45 Waypoint Action

SCB46 Green Beret Grunts

SCB47 A New Ally

SCB48-SCB50 The Fall of GDI (1-2-3)

\edit

These missions are part of REBIRTH OF NOD Campaign by David Galli

Comments:

- if you read the briefings in a row, looks like a campaign;

- Operation Ion seems to be 3-6 rather than 1-4, if you rely on the briefings;

- SCB missions are good news, we'll have a new Nod pack soon

SCB51 The Rebirth of Nod

project not started ===>>> empty map, no T&T. Just I, U and S on the top left corner...

Registered in a Pack:

patch 1.06 => SCB58-SCB59 N64 Special Ops NOD | SCB189 => SCB38 | SCB190 => SCB39 | SCB192 => SCB52 | SCB146-147 => SCB62-SCB63 | SCB188 => SCB64-SCB66 | SCB142-145 => SCB67-SCB70 | SCB194 => SCB71 | SCB193 => SCB72 | SCG147 => SCG43 | SCG190-195 => SCG54-SCG59 | SCG196-203 and scg184-189 => SCG64-SCG77 | SCG153 => SCG84 | SCG160 => SCG85-SCG90 | SCG118 => SCG91 | SCG126 => SCG95 | SCG141 => SCG96-SCG98 | SCG152 => SCG99

Not released yet, but stored:

SCB000 => SCB53-scb55 Amazon War

SCG000 => SCG42 Redemption Denied (by TriLObYtE)

SCG000 => SCG44 Tiberium Garden Skirmish (by TriLObYtE)

SCG000 => SCG78 Ground Control (by Jafet Kackur, aka 'Jk')

SCG000 => SCG79-SCG83 Cybernetics 'R Us (1-2-3-4-5) (by Andrew Griffin)

SCG000 => SCG92 Doomed Desert (by Nyerguds)

SCG000 => SCG93 Traitor Alliance (by Nyerguds)

SCG000 => SCG94 Nuclear Destruction (only #1 of a 4-mission campaign. Probably old version) (by Sunny Lee)

Edited by Solo
  • Upvote 1

As for Jk's missions and the campaigns, if you don't have those yet you better get them from my place instead of this pack; pretty sure mine are somewhat more updated/fixed.

btw, someone found a trick to limit the gunboat patrol's length with a teamtype. I think it's somewhre on the tiberiumweb forum.

As for Jk's missions and the campaigns, if you don't have those yet you better get them from my place instead of this pack; pretty sure mine are somewhat more updated/fixed.

Don't worry, I did that months ago.

Whatever missions I've found in your collection, I took them as the last update.

I just didn't release all of them yet.

btw, someone found a trick to limit the gunboat patrol's length with a teamtype. I think it's somewhre on the tiberiumweb forum.

Well, I have to see this.

I downloaded the latest versions of the packs and I can confirm SCG100 works now (and what an awesome little mission it is too! :))

Well, I have to see this.

It's in the Great AI Trigger Collection thread started by Lin Kuei Ominae.

The specific post about the gunboats, by Operon, is here:

http://www.tiberiumw...indpost&p=46978

The teamtype was refined in the following posts, to eventually become:

[TeamTypes]

gunboat1=GoodGuy,0,0,0,0,0,20,1,0,0,1,BOAT:1,3,Move:6,Move:4,Loop:0,0,0

I'm not sure if this effect can be achieved with Create Team though; in his example the gunboat was reinforced.

From the thread it seems the boat doesn't attack units when set to patrol like this, though. Not sure, Operon's explanation on what he calls the "weapon problem" is kinda vague.

[edit]

btw, I just saw your packs still contain minicampaigns on unsafe numbers at the moment... better move those to the safe regions ;)

btw, I just saw your packs still contain minicampaigns on unsafe numbers at the moment... better move those to the safe regions ;)

Yeah, I'll do that.

At least I'll take it out of the packs until I reorganize the campaigns.

In the weekend I'll study the gunboat case.

If I remember correctly, the problem was that any reinforced gunboat will remain passive. Maybe "Create Team" solves this though...

If I remember correctly, the problem was that any reinforced gunboat will remain passive. Maybe "Create Team" solves this though...

Nyerguds,

Do you know what we really need? We need to "hire" a guy here in this community or another to head a research on that Ai parameter of the teamtypes.

I mean, a new thread and one guy dedicated just to this issue. I was reading LKOs thread at Tibweb and that parameter is more complex than it appears as long as we never know for sure anything we conclude YET.

If we have in mind the amount of units, commands and side parameters that are influenced by that mithological AI parameter it is really an interesting challenge to explore for anyone interested in getting more involved with TD.

If we take into account all the folks that commonly answer the TD threads, it will be a very active thread. But it must be someone with more time available than you do and much more knowledge than I do (concerning non-mission programming as a start).

About the gunboat:

- Controlling the path is one "passivity" and, after that, making it fire is another "passivity". There must be a right way to make it fire ...

- I've tried to use "create team" for a boat placed in the map and it didn't work so far, but I admit that I didn't program fairly well to state that it doesn't work;

- Another thing that I've observed (but can't conclude yet) is that it seems the boats enters the map only from the east. I'll check other missions with boats to see if this is an erroneous impression of mine or not.

I'll try to do that in the weekend. It's just a pity that these matters are arriving at this time of the year. In 3 or 4 weeks I'll be less busy than now.

SCG116EA - I swear I've destroyed utterly everything and scouted the entire map for possible stealth tanks, but this mission just refuses to give me victory... it would be a shame if I had to rate this one down for that because it was pretty damn fun :D

Well I've played this mission a second time, and again, despite destroying everything, haven't managed to get "mission accomplished". There definitely seems to be something up with it.

I'll ask Hyper about it. Who knows, might give him something to obsess about for a few weeks :)

- Another thing that I've observed (but can't conclude yet) is that it seems the boats enters the map only from the east. I'll check other missions with boats to see if this is an erroneous impression of mine or not.

Intriguing. In that aspect it might be worth testing which direction a boat goes that has been pre-placed on the map, and if it can be controlled with the unit's facing value.

Answering the previous page: SCG110 and SCG116 working now...