Chimas

Tiberian Dawn - Single Player missions

Heh. "The Cabal Computer" is indeed a bland map. In my defense, it was my attempt to fix an existing (and even more bland) mission, called "Rambos In The Jungle"

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but SCG298 doesn't seem to have a working victory condition. I've destroyed all Nod units/structures on the map (including the red units, which is the supposed objective), but then that's it. Nothing happens. I have a big empty desert map to aimlessly send units around until the end of time, which is an infinitely dull 'victory'.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but SCG298 doesn't seem to have a working victory condition. I've destroyed all Nod units/structures on the map (including the red units, which is the supposed objective), but then that's it. Nothing happens. I have a big empty desert map to aimlessly send units around until the end of time, which is an infinitely dull 'victory'.

well:

truewin=Destroyed,Allow Win,0,GoodGuy,None,0

win=Destroyed,Win,0,GoodGuy,None,0

024=BadGuy,AFLD,256,97,0,truewin

and all multi6, since they all have the WIN trigger

It could have been done in a more simple way -> destroy THE Multi6 team + AFLD, wouldn't have used so many unit triggers.

Just give me sometime to recall the synthax details.

It doesn't work because "truewin" is too long. It won't be correctly linked to the building.

Triggers are cut off at 4 characters. The building reading function will never find a trigger called "truewin", since the triggers reading part only saves it as "true".

Solo, If you're still using that system to check inis for errors automatically (and excel file, IIRC?)... add these checks:

-Trigger names have a maximum length of 4 characters

-Teamtypes names have a maximum length of 12 characters

• Upvote 1

Hi, I've been playing some of these recently and got a couple of comments:

SCB207EA seems very easy because of Mobius's tendency to wander around. I did not even have to enter the GDI base, just drove over him with a stealth tank and mission accomplished. Maybe seal him in a gdi base somehow? Also disabling nukes might be a good idea to prevent you simply nuking him to death.

SCB208EA has some bugged tiles in the map. See this screenshot, cannot miss them: http://heavylobster.com/pics/command_&_conquer-2012-10-19-13_11_44.png

SCB903EC - too much starting money here, I think. 500k is WAY overkill imo, you essentially do not have to worry about tiberium at all here. Also the GDI base is very prone to traffic jams here. Look at the state of their harvesters here, for example: http://heavylobster.com/pics/command_&_conquer-2012-10-19-13_30_11.png

Maybe see if the base could be cleaned up a bit?

SCB205EA - GDI gets frequent reinforcements with transport helis here. That's all fine, but it seems most of them just stay where they landed instead of attacking or doing anything useful. Some of them, however, attack. Maybe look into this?

SCB159EA - it seems I can only build power plants and nothing else in this mission. Probably not intended!

SCB199EA - this seems impossible. You are supposed to protect the temple at the NW corner, but some seconds into the mission, it gets airstriked and you lose. I haven't figured out any way around that.

SCB181EA - I think there is something belonging to GDI offscreen here. I cleared the map of all the GDI I could see, but didn't get the mission accomplished. So I fooled around a bit, and decided to airstrike the NE corner of the map, and indeed heard what sounded like an explosion, followed by mission accomplished. And I did not actually see any GDI at the NE corner at the time.

That's all for now! Thanks a lot for providing these packs, I love 'em!

SCB208EA has some bugged tiles in the map. See this screenshot, cannot miss them: http://heavylobster.com/pics/command_&_conquer-2012-10-19-13_11_44.png

That's a side effect of conversion to Snow theater. Actual 'snow patches' tiles on the map should be removed; Snow theater obviously doesn't have them, since it's ALL snow.

SCB159EA - it seems I can only build power plants and nothing else in this mission. Probably not intended!

Ah, that's a side effect of people telling their users to "replace Nod mission 13 to play this" without actually setting the build level value in the mission to that same level (since the game overrode it by the mission number anyway).

SCB181EA - I think there is something belonging to GDI offscreen here. I cleared the map of all the GDI I could see, but didn't get the mission accomplished. So I fooled around a bit, and decided to airstrike the NE corner of the map, and indeed heard what sounded like an explosion, followed by mission accomplished. And I did not actually see any GDI at the NE corner at the time.

That sounds like bad reinforcing boundaries around the map. That can indeed cause units to remain stuck in there. This was a serious annoyance on the last dinosaur mission too (for the player's own reinforcements) before I fixed it with adding rock borders sealing off everything except the intended entry points.

• Upvote 1

Hi Heavylobster,

It's good to have feedback. I have to get a time to play some of these missions.

Although I've made a lot of changes, these packs still requires revisions.

I didn't publish all I got yet.

After that, I'll still have to make "theme" revisions in a row in all packs (like money, map borders, etc).

Anyway, i'll see what I can do.

I won't comment all of them, but excess of money is, sadly, very frequent.

I still find these situations, in some cases they put a million for the human player, it's absurd.

When I find them, I correct it.

Greetings

Edited by Solo

Hi I just wanted to report that both download links for SCG096 - The Arctic Missions by SID

seems to be dead. I'm not even sure if I need to download those or if they are included in SCG095.

Why aren't those files listed on the first main page is something wrong with them?

Hi I just wanted to report that both download links for SCG096 - The Arctic Missions by SID

seems to be dead. I'm not even sure if I need to download those or if they are included in SCG095.

Why aren't those files listed on the first main page is something wrong with them?

Hi 23-down,

Below the 100 series I'll make them packs of 5, instead of 20, since they are campaigns, which means 3 to 15 missions in every number code.

SCG96 is reserved and not finished as a whole. Only the first mission is ready, and the second is almost. The 4th mission is ready, but I have to edit the map. I couldn't do that yet. This weekend I'll put online those that are working. I'll put other links related to them too. It's a project to convert the maps from WINTER theater to SNOW theater. Occurs that the missions weren't also finished in terms of triggers and teamtypes.

I'll see what I can do.

Edited by Solo

Ok then I know what's going on good.

And now a report about a mission I just played SCG260:

It's called the bridge on the Kwai.

In this mission you've broken out of prison. Now it's your task to capture a NOD base to the east and destroy the prison to the north. When I finally reached the prison some enemy reinforcements appeared killing the prison themselves which also was under NOD control. While all other surroundings were under enemy GDI control. I believe that needs to be fixed. Replace the prison owner from nod to that specific GDI side.

Because once the prison got destroyed by them the mission was accomplished while I was still fighting with their defence turrets.

Ok,

Managed to get some time to deal with the pending requests:

• SCG298 - Solved
  • SCB181 - Sealed
  • SCB199 - Mutli5 team created for A10 raids
  • SCB205 - Waypoints Relocated and mammoth team redirected.
  • SCB207 - OK, Hidden and no nukes.
  • SCB903EC - Solved: GDI $100, Multi3 - $50
  • SCB159 - Partially solved: Build Level set to 15 for the moment.
  • SCB208 - Solved: bad tiles removed.

I'll contact MattAttack, the author. The map is not a conversion to snow.

To open this map with XCC in W7 I had to set compatibility mode to Windows NT 4.0.

Apparently, it worked for the fixing job. But it doesn't work always or in a predictable way for problematic maps, gotta have luck.

I'll edit this same post for the pending missions not revised.

• SCG260

Edited by Solo

I've really been enjoying all the fan made missions.

However, I have incountered a problem with SCG159 "The Final Attack" From the original text the tech level should allow the player to build all the structures avialable in the game, except all that can be built are power plants, barracks and minigunners. How to fix it?

I'll check that and fix it later.

If you wanna do it in your end just open SCG159EA.INI and change this line "BuildLevel=1" from 1 to 99 (He said ALL equipment).

You'd have to extract from the ZIP file , make the change and recompile it in SCG140.MIX.

Or wait for me...

\edit

told you, I'm rusty, 98 will be ...

Edited by Solo

Yeeeah, I'd keep that on 98 anyway. Otherwise you can build MHQs :|

Huh? What do you mean? You can just leave it in your game folder and start the mission from the New Missions menu again.

Hi,

OK, SCG140 pack is updated and SCG159 is corrected, thanks for the tip, CBF.

Second: Nyerguds is right, whenever you edit BIN and INI files, just drop it in the C&C folder and it will appear already in the NEW MISSIONS MENU.

I'm viced to MIX files and forgot the basics, sorry for the BS.

I have some requests, Cornbreadfarm. The collection seems to be organized, but it has little flaws everywhere that, either I haven't found or I had overlooked.

So I ask you gently to get a notepad and take notes of these stuff if you're to play many missions. Many fixed missions that you'll play have been corrected by others before you.

--------------------

Now another issue.

Some time ago, Sonicpulse advised me to try GitHub. Well, I've found the idea interesting, but I'm not modern enough to GitHub. Yet I've discovered a similar tool, that I'm experimenting right now, which is SVN Tortoise.

So, here is the link

Please be patient, although seems to be simple, I'm learning how it works. I want to know what else can be done with SVN.

Anyway, join us anytime.

Edited by Solo

Yes, the mission is playable now. I have completed about 75% of the missions from SGC100 to SGC200 and so far 159 was the only one I had encountred with an obvious flaw that was either unintended and/or made the mission impossible to complete.

Edited by cornbreadfarm

Several Build Levels of the missions in many packs were updated by Lightning Hunter.

And some involuntarily dead links are working again.

\edit

Contributers added to the COVER

Edited by Solo

Hi,

I was working for some time with a small project inside this collection called The Arctic Missions Conversion.
It is now done, check it out! :)

\edit

The mission "Backdoor" was recovered with the help of Nyerguds, the map itself was blocked for editing, thanks.

Edited by Solo

Maybe it would be cool to make map previews for all the missions?

Maybe it would be cool to make map previews for all the missions?

For single player missions that's generally kinda spoiler-ish, Iran.
  • Upvote 1

GDI ::: Pack SCB000 ::: Link1 ::: Link2 ::: Cover

PLACE HOLDER

Edited by Chimas