Sign in to follow this  
Shocker

Command & Conquer III?

Posted at CNC Den

Bit more info about the mysterious C&C3 pic posted by Planet CNC over the weekend has come forth. Adam Isgreen, Game Design Director at the EALA Studios, posted the following:

Yo,

Guys, Petroglyph doesn't have the rights to C&C. EA owns the C&C brand. The Petro guys are doing their own stuff.

What Mark said is true. What you saw was a concept / inspirational piece of art that we did over a year ago that displays on our internal EA monitors here at EALA. Concept art is our "What if?" avenue to explore things we may or may not want to do in the future with game content, a certain look, or atmosphere / tone.

FYI, it's an image of a Scrin Primal defending against a GDI attack on a Scrin base. Obviously, the primal is winning. =)

And yes, there are still a bunch of us ex-westwood guys here.

So that tells us that Petroglyph is probably not making C&C 3. At any rate, EA asked Planet CNC to remove the picture. I'm not going to speculate further on the why's and whereto's, etc. I'll just patiently wait for EA to make an announcement when they're ready.

They are definately hiding, something.... a demand to remove something and trying to make us forget it's so-called existance doesn't sound right to me...

And when was Petroglyph mentioned in any news reports concerning this picture... we all know EA have the righta to C&C???

They must be making it.... after all why would a picture that's only taken a few days ago be a year old and on a Monitor, if i was and it's Westwood concept art... wouldn't it have the Westwood logo???

.... I aint dropping this! EA are hiding something and I'm sticking to this like glue... i might grill EA in someway about it.... too many questions unanswered for my liking! :evil:

Guest Redcloak

I was one of the people at EALA when the picture was taken. Everyone at the offices gave the same answer when asked about it, which was that the picture was very old and C&C3 was not in production.

We were taken around every inch of the company during the tour, if they were working on C&C3, I am sure we would have seen something about it. The logical reason for them to demand it to be taken down is that they don't want people wasting their time with rumors.

Anyway, that's all I've got.

-Redcloak

SCLegacy.com

....... the picture was very old and C&C3 was not in production.

Once more info came out thats what started to think. As soon as the picture was confirmed as being real everyone assumed C&C3 was coming. It simply an old concept image nothing more.

It does tell us one thing, EA have forgotten about C&C, the franchise is value-able to simply let it die.

Since Planet CNC were asked to remove the image I will do the same here at CNCNZ.com.

Maybe its just me who wishes for the days of Tiberian Sun to return when most of us would wait for days for the slightest bit of news, and even when the game shipped it was far from dissapointing, the game totally rocked fan brains and I'm just hoping that they make a Tiberian Twilight game.

If I had the money I'd buy EA and make fund that game myself.

yeah, we got another C&C...under EA's banner. I'm not buyin it. screw EA. we shouldnt give in to them. let petroglyph develop the next C&C, since the Westwood staff now resides there. I'm not letting EA mar a great game series.

But, Ill tell you what rules: Renegade Reborn. Holy crap. TS in Renegade. Some issues with units and terrain and structures, plus I can't get the blasted patch to work.

yeah, we got another C&C...under EA's banner. I'm not buyin it. screw EA.
more power to ya!

so do they want it removed because its old and they dont want us exited about something that isnt coming or is it still in production and they do not wish to reveal anything about it ?

I was one of the people at EALA when the picture was taken. Everyone at the offices gave the same answer when asked about it, which was that the picture was very old and C&C3 was not in production.

We were taken around every inch of the company during the tour, if they were working on C&C3, I am sure we would have seen something about it. The logical reason for them to demand it to be taken down is that they don't want people wasting their time with rumors.

Anyway, that's all I've got.

-Redcloak

SCLegacy.com

If you looked carefully in one of the booths near Marks office you would have seen something. I was told by one of my contacts who works at EALA that the screen on EALA TV is something that they made as concept art yes, but was put there to get people talking. If you checked durin the sideshow presentation it was taken down... and wasn't there on thursday evenin either hehe. kinda says sumin

You guys do realised it will be a few years before we see anything from the next c&c?? The team that would be working on it are working on LOTR now, and then an X-Pack after that

personally, i think ea can take any rights they have to C&C and shove em up their ass, cause we all know westwood so owned those sons of bitches, and you take my words and throw em into ea's face. my id's for all my games are cdrmorgan or commander a9, they can come and get me!

ever since they killed westwood, ive been an advocate and prayerful of their demise ever since. i hope their factory just spontaneously combusts, or a massive riot of C&C fans overruns their doors and torches the place.

on another note, this is yet to occur. i write many c&c stories, stories that involve placing myself as the ninth alpha commander on the front lines against the brotherhood of nod. aspects are taken from U.S. army tactics, technology, my life, and the C&C universe. these were started by me three years ago. check em if you wish at www.greyarchive.org. but i remind you, they don't end in the normal fashion a war story would end (lemons exist)

personally, i think ea can take any rights they have to C&C and shove em up their ass, cause we all know westwood so owned those sons of bitches, and you take my words and throw em into ea's face. my id's for all my games are cdrmorgan or commander a9, they can come and get me!

ever since they killed westwood, ive been an advocate and prayerful of their demise ever since. i hope their factory just spontaneously combusts, or a massive riot of C&C fans overruns their doors and torches the place.

on another note, this is yet to occur. i write many c&c stories, stories that involve placing myself as the ninth alpha commander on the front lines against the brotherhood of nod. aspects are taken from U.S. army tactics, technology, my life, and the C&C universe. these were started by me three years ago. check em if you wish at www.greyarchive.org. but i remind you, they don't end in the normal fashion a war story would end (lemons exist)

LMAO

Count me in :)

Oh and why is Concept Art on a wide screen TV instead of a projecter.

Looks like a possible teaser or something

Maybe I'm just hoping for more.

yeah, we got another C&C...under EA's banner. I'm not buyin it. screw EA. we shouldnt give in to them. let petroglyph develop the next C&C, since the Westwood staff now resides there. I'm not letting EA mar a great game series.

There is no new C&C coming yet, what news have you been reading?

You still don't get it do you. Petroglyph can't make the next C&C game, EA own the rights, they are the only people who can make it. Forget about Petroglyph, they have nothing to do with this.

So your boycotting EA products? How many times have I heard this before :roll:

what? you think im lying? im not touchin my battlefield games ever again

If EA made good games, I will still play them, but I don't care about EA, I hate them.

It makes no difference to me if you don't play or buy an of EA's games anymore.

I don't like the fact that Westwood are gone, it happened so long ago now anyway. But why do you hate EA so much anyway?.... because they are successful?

Guest Redcloak
If you looked carefully in one of the booths near Marks office you would have seen something.

I saw several things, but they were all old, as I would suspect that was.

If you checked durin the sideshow presentation it was taken down... and wasn't there on thursday evenin either hehe.

I can say with 90% certainity that I saw the C&C3 image when we were there Thursday. However, I didn't realize you guys would all go spastic over it, so I didn't mention it.

The team that would be working on it are working on LOTR now, and then an X-Pack after that

So, you're essentially agreeing with what I said. I mean, obviously, they will go back and do a new Command & Conquer game eventually. Blizzard is going to do StarCraft 2 eventually. The companies won't abandon highly profitable franchises. So, you didn't need this image to presume that it was coming.

ever since they killed westwood

Westwood's sales killed Westwood.

If EA made good games, I will still play them, but I don't care about EA, I hate them.

This is the kind of logic that always baffles me. EA owned Westwood for how long, and you always bought the games. The people who worked on Generals and this new game are majority ex-Westwood employees, but now that they're "EA" you don't like them. The actual game designers never really have much control over the business aspects of things. If you hated EA so much before, you shouldn't have supported them by supporting Westwood. If you really did enjoy Westwood games though, it doesn't logically follow to dislike the new series or "boycott" EA because they closed Westwood. Westwood wasn't profitable the way they wanted. EA is a business, albeit a giant, evil business.

Forget about Petroglyph

Yeah they have nothing to do with C&C III but it is possible for Petroglyph to make an RTS good enough to rival C&C...

Im still looking forward to what they are currently working on....

Oh and the new LOTR RTS..... will that be any good do you think?

It's all very well talking about petroglyph.... but will they have the financial power to make a game at all? I was having a conversation with one of the RenAlert Team a while back and he said, that they are not doing too well... They still need to find staff, and they have no idea on which direction to take..

But I'd give them time... they'll come around. Once the 1st game is Gold and they reap the profits of their 1st highly successful game they'll be churning them out I'm sure.

They have every right to attempt to crush the C&C saga or at least batter and bruise it. Not that i don't like C&C, but the Petroglyph Team should show EA how much potential and talnt they've lost.

So I do hope when the next C&C comes out Petroglyph release a better RTS I truly do... not to spite the C&C fans or the series, but to kick EA up the ass when these bad asses say. "HEY BOYS WE'RE BACK!!!"

well deezire was in EALA studios a couple of days ago, this is what he wrote on his main page

I spent a totally cool weekend hanging with the guys at EALA - amongst a lot of other things, I got to play the pre-alpha of LOTR:BFME so to that end I'll be doing a new section on the site dedicated to that game.

Why LOTR:BFME? Well because (i) it just totally frickin rocks, even at this early stage, and (ii) because it uses SAGE and editing it will be the same as Generals and Zero Hour - so that will tie up the editing community nicely until another C&C comes along - oops, did I say that? Nah...

Anyways, I managed to grab a hold of Harvard, Mark, Dustin, Amer, Amer (theres two!), Aaron, Craig and Mike Murphy as well as a few other important peeps doing an amazing job over there. I videod an interview with Mark and Harv so as soon as I can catch up with things I will upload muchos goodness!

it might not be CnCIII, but atleast i hope it is sumtin

well deezire was in EALA studios a couple of days ago, this is what he wrote on his main page

I spent a totally cool weekend hanging with the guys at EALA - amongst a lot of other things, I got to play the pre-alpha of LOTR:BFME so to that end I'll be doing a new section on the site dedicated to that game.

Why LOTR:BFME? Well because (i) it just totally frickin rocks, even at this early stage, and (ii) because it uses SAGE and editing it will be the same as Generals and Zero Hour - so that will tie up the editing community nicely until another C&C comes along - oops, did I say that? Nah...

Anyways, I managed to grab a hold of Harvard, Mark, Dustin, Amer, Amer (theres two!), Aaron, Craig and Mike Murphy as well as a few other important peeps doing an amazing job over there. I videod an interview with Mark and Harv so as soon as I can catch up with things I will upload muchos goodness!

it might not be CnCIII, but atleast i hope it is sumtin

We did see the C&C logo more than a few times upstairs but i cant tell you on what hehe.

no, westwood's sales were fine. frank klepacki replied to an email i sent him saying ea fired alot of people the year before, a bad sign for the future, before closing the doors.

I cant beleive they would buy Westwood then fire half the staff.....

hey Cabal there is always hope right? ;)

as for others;

talking about

I cant beleive they would buy Westwood then fire half the staff..... n etc..

wont do much now, wuts done is done, ur just expressing the hate you have for EA. I've been here long enough and signed too many petitions nuttin worked

petroglyph may be our hope but then again it wont have the CnC name nd in the end

it would be

Ex-Westwood employees (Petroglyph) Vs Ex-Westwood emplyees (Ea Gaems)

I cant beleive they would buy Westwood then fire half the staff.....
Well, EA bought them and they sure didn't want to fire any of EA's staff.

EA simply took over Westwood which really isn't a good thing, but what are the chances of Westwood coming back anyway?