Sign in to follow this  
GeneralAnthrax101

TibEd problem with RA2 and YR

Hey guys, I need help on this. When I use TibEd, it works for both Tiberian Sun and Firestorm. Now for Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge....no. There is nothing changed at all when I use TibEd for red Alert 2. I try to make a new oil-derrick for all sides, did tech=1 and all that good stuff. Start up the game, and nothing is changed. So my idiocracy-way told me to have texan-civilians shoot NukePayload's. So I did that and all, and I both entercouner all 3 texan-type civilians, and they just shoot thier crappy pistols, no nukepayload. I am also using TFD for Tiberian sun and Red alert2. Thanks for reading.

System=Windows7

Need more details, things like "and all that good stuff" aren't very informative.

Post your codes for your Oil Derrick and Texan.

Did you apply your changes?

I was thinking the same thing :')

Are you modifying Red Alert 2 or Yuri's Revenge? If you're saving for YR and playing RA2, there will be no changes and vice versa.

File -> Preferences, check if your RA2 directory is set right.

Are you modifying Red Alert 2 or Yuri's Revenge? If you're saving for YR and playing RA2, there will be no changes and vice versa.

I am modifying both. When I save for YR, I check the game to see if the changes are there. I was trying to throw in a working oil-derrick for all countrys but when I open'd YR (THe Derrick I saved it into), nothing shows up. I tried that for Red Alert 2 now and nothing shows. I've done the correct things and did it over again. Nothing

As for Inferno.....C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer Red Alert II\RA2\

Need more details, things like "and all that good stuff" aren't very informative.

Post your codes for your Oil Derrick and Texan.

First off, Thank you for posting.

Second, I will see to that...

[CAOILD]

UIName=Name:CAOILD

Name=Tech Oil Derrick

TechLevel=3

Strength=1000

Insignificant=yes

Nominal=yes

Sight=6

Points=5

Armor=steel

Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60

DebrisAnims=DBRIS4LG,DBRIS4SM,DBRIS5LG,DBRIS5SM,DBRIS6SM,DBRIS7LG,DBRIS7SM

MaxDebris=8

MinDebris=4

;DamageParticleSystems=SmallGreySSys,BigGreySmokeSys

Capturable=yes

CaptureEvaEvent= EVA_OilRefineryCaptured ;Eva (and therefore 3way split) voice to use when captured

NeedsEngineer=yes

Explodes=yes

DeathWeapon=OilExplosion

ProduceCashStartup=1000 ; credits when captured from the Neutral house

ProduceCashAmount=20 ; Amount every Delay

ProduceCashDelay=100 ; Frame delay between Amounts

WorkingSound=OilDerrickLoop

LeaveRubble=yes

RadarVisible=yes;gs put on radar even if insignificant and unowned (insignificant and owned is a UC building)

BuildCat=Tech

Cost=2300

Owner=Americans,Alliance,French,Germans,British,Africans,Arabs,Confederation,Rus

sians,Neutral

RequiredHouses=Alliance,French,Germans,British,Africans,Arabs,Confederation,Russ

ians,YuriCountry,Americans

ImmuneToPsionicWeapons=yes

AIBuildThis=yes

FreeUnit=HARV

ToProtect=yes

You need a Prerequisite=

Uh... "Both sides"?

It should be Prerequsite=RADAR

If you used more than one of GAAIRC, NARADR, AMRADR, or NAPSIS then that's your problem.

Also, if you are making it buildable, you don't need these codes:

CaptureEvaEvent=EVA_OilRefineryCaptured

NeedsEngineer=yes

ProduceCashStartup=1000

Uh... "Both sides"?

It should be Prerequsite=RADAR

If you used more than one of GAAIRC, NARADR, AMRADR, or NAPSIS then that's your problem.

Also, if you are making it buildable, you don't need these codes:

CaptureEvaEvent=EVA_OilRefineryCaptured

NeedsEngineer=yes

ProduceCashStartup=1000

It still doesn;t work. Here is the new thing: Also, this is for THe First Decade, Yuris Revenge

[CAOILD]

Name=Tech Oil Derrick

TechLevel=3

Strength=1000

Insignificant=yes

Nominal=yes

Sight=6

Points=5

Armor=steel

MaxDebris=8

MinDebris=4

Capturable=yes

Explodes=yes

DeathWeapon=OilExplosion

ProduceCashDelay=100 ; Frame delay between Amounts

RadarVisible=yes;gs put on radar even if insignificant and unowned (insignificant and owned is a UC building)

Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance,Russians,Confederation,Africans,

Arabs,YuriCountry

Category=Soldier

Cost=2300

Prerequisite=RADAR

FreeUnit=HARV

ToProtect=yes

When I try the Run Game option as well, Yuri's Revenge Crashes before the intro-stuff (or before the menu can come up). But when I start Yuri's Revenge on TFD, it doesn't crash but there are no changes. Is this only for The First Decade users or system users?

Edited by GeneralAnthrax101

Insignificant=no

BuildCat=combat

Remove

Category=Soldier

Also consider removing FreeUnit=HARV, as the Industrial Plant will mess with the cost and Yuri can't use a War Miner without a standard Refinery.

Remember that without a build-up animation, Oil Derricks can't be sold regardless of how you set Unsellable=. If this bothers you, you can find animations for it created by other modders with a quick google search. It also does not come with a cameo and will display the MISSING CAMEO icon unless you add one to the game.

...And I merged your topics.

Insignificant=no

BuildCat=combat

Remove

Category=Soldier

Also consider removing FreeUnit=HARV, as the Industrial Plant will mess with the cost and Yuri can't use a War Miner without a standard Refinery.

Remember that without a build-up animation, Oil Derricks can't be sold regardless of how you set Unsellable=. If this bothers you, you can find animations for it created by other modders with a quick google search. It also does not come with a cameo and will display the MISSING CAMEO icon unless you add one to the game.

...And I merged your topics.

I freaked out :P

I'll do this carefully to see if this works.

Damn, it still doesn't work. Maybe a bug against Red Alert 2 and YR?

Because when I edit Tiberian Sun, it works. But not RA2 and YR

Guest Rabbit

I suppose this is redundant, but:

1. Did you ever move your RA2 directory to another folder for any reason? Just in case, make sure that TibEd is pointing to the right folder, even though realistically, it would bug you if it wasn't.

2. Is your copy of RA2 / YR a purchased copy or downloaded?

I suppose this is redundant, but:

1. Did you ever move your RA2 directory to another folder for any reason? Just in case, make sure that TibEd is pointing to the right folder, even though realistically, it would bug you if it wasn't.

2. Is your copy of RA2 / YR a purchased copy or downloaded?

The RA2 Directory is located in its safe spot, The First Decade Folder, along with YR and the other games. Maybe its the .exe that I should be using? I don't know, but I ain't gonna try it.

2. Nope. RA2/YR came with Command & Conquer The First Decade. Mainly because I don't believe in free downloads :P

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer Red Alert II\RA2

Damn, it still doesn't work.

I used your code to make a functioning Oil Derrick, so unless you are failing to mention another bit of code, it should work.

Once more, and with the info you gave me:

[CAOILD]

Name=Tech Oil Derrick

TechLevel=3

Strength=1000

Nominal=yes

Sight=6

Points=5

Armor=steel

MaxDebris=8

MinDebris=4

Capturable=yes

Explodes=yes

DeathWeapon=OilExplosion

Produ ceCashDelay=100 ; Frame delay between Amounts

Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance,Russians,Confederation,Africans,

Arabs

Arabs,YuriCountry

Cost=1900

Prerequisite=BARRACKS

ToProtect=yes

BuildCat=combat

TibEd, and I just don't like saying this anymore, only works for Tiberian Sun and Firestorm (Hadn't tested on Red Alert 1 or C&C95). Yet it will not apply any changes to RA2 and YR. If there is a bug on that or I am doing something wrong, please tell me. I really would love to mod RA2 and YR in the future.

Yeah, the code works, so it must be TibEd at fault then. Have you tried a fresh download and reinstall already?

Guest Rabbit

Try something simple. Try making the only change to the tech oil derrick the following:

ProduceCashAmount=20000 ; Amount every Delay

Dont change ANYTHING else, including owners, builds, anything. Go to the map Bay of Pigs, and capture an oil derrick. If you don't make tons and tons of cash, you'll be sure it's not working, and we'll know it's not a code issue at all.

Try something simple. Try making the only change to the tech oil derrick the following:

ProduceCashAmount=20000 ; Amount every Delay

Dont change ANYTHING else, including owners, builds, anything. Go to the map Bay of Pigs, and capture an oil derrick. If you don't make tons and tons of cash, you'll be sure it's not working, and we'll know it's not a code issue at all.

Alrighty then. I'll see to it. If it doesn't work, I'll do what Nm said.

Apperantly, The First Decade RA2 will not work with TibEd. But because of past problems, I installed a RA2 disk to fix it. I used the other RA2 (not TFD) and it worked. But when I started up TFD RA2, it doesn't. What the hell?

Guest Rabbit

Don't worry man. We'll make it through this together. :P

But, hey, if that's the case, maybe there's something else stuck in your TFD RA2 directory preventing you from changing anything. Try reinstalling RA2 and YR TFD? Who knows.