Hi there. As you can see in my other post, I am STILL having problems with modding my YR. But I want to go ahead and mod Tiberian sun/RA2. First off, when I found a good Cameo for my Chain-Link fence for RA2, I used SHP to make a cameo and did it on a tut at YouTube. However, after throwing my fence.shp in my RA2 directory, I went to CAFNCP (Chain-Link Fence) in the art.ini and looked at the Cameo=SBAGICON. I changed Cameo= to Cameo=FENCE (which is the name of the Chain-Link fence "fence.shp" cameo) This isn't the only questions I have but take your time and anwser if you wish to. Thanks!

Guest Rabbit

Well, what's your question? You're just saying what you did, you're not explaining what happened in the end.

Well, what's your question? You're just saying what you did, you're not explaining what happened in the end.

Oh, well the problem is that when I load up the game, I go to Combat and find my Chain-Fence, but without the cameo. It has that RA2 Sumbol.

Also, it says MISSING:UIname:Chain Fence.

How do I fix this?

MISSING anything in the string is a... missing string from the CSF. You'll need to add one with RA2StrEdit or the XCC Mixer's built in editor.

If you include a new cameo, make sure it's name and referenced properly, then make sure it's actually in the \RA2\ directory or in a MIX file in the \RA2\ directory.

MISSING anything in the string is a... missing string from the CSF. You'll need to add one with RA2StrEdit or the XCC Mixer's built in editor.

If you include a new cameo, make sure it's name and referenced properly, then make sure it's actually in the \RA2\ directory or in a MIX file in the \RA2\ directory.

Link to either of them, please.

I experienced problems with XCC's string editor and don't recommend it. The XCC utilities are nevertheless very useful for other aspects of modding and almost a necessity for any aspiring modder that longs to graduate beyond amateurism.

RA2StrEdit works for me. It is important that you open the string table located in your RA2 directory though.

I experienced problems with XCC's string editor and don't recommend it.

It may crash sometimes, but it gets the job done.

I've never used it and heard too many issues with it. Hence RA2StrEdit. Never crashes and it always works.

I've never used it and heard too many issues with it. Hence RA2StrEdit. Never crashes and it always works.

Link to it, please. I never trust any sites containing these tools due to past virus issues. I mean, PAST issues...as in when I was 7. :P I want the official Site for the tool so it can make me more confortable to download and use.

That's the exact same link I gave... ;)

Well, I am trying to find the Chain-Link fence I was going to add into Red Alert 2, and I can't seem to find it. I know its CAFNCP.

You are saying you can't find CAFNCP in the string table? You won't since Westwood never added it, you will have to add the string yourself.

You are saying you can't find CAFNCP in the string table? You won't since Westwood never added it, you will have to add the string yourself.

Kindly show me how? :P

Don't want to screw up the game.

Open the ra2.csf (or ra2md.csf for YR) in your RA2 folder.

Click Edit -> Insert string.

Under String ID, type Name:CAFNCP

Click OK.

Scroll through the strings until you find Name:CAFNCP and select it.

Under Content, type: Chain-link Fence (or whatever you want it called)

Click Save. Don't mess with the flags and click OK.

This should be obvious, but for it to work, you will need in your Rules code the line:

UIName=Name:CAFNCP

Open the ra2.csf (or ra2md.csf for YR) in your RA2 folder.

Click Edit -> Insert string.

Under String ID, type Name:CAFNCP

Click OK.

Scroll through the strings until you find Name:CAFNCP and select it.

Under Content, type: Chain-link Fence (or whatever you want it called)

Click Save. Don't mess with the flags and click OK.

This should be obvious, but for it to work, you will need in your Rules code the line:

UIName=Name:CAFNCP

Proud to say, it works! Now, all I need to do with the chain-link fence is to make a new Cameo.

I used this Video

for a tutorial. But it didn't work. I will try again but if it doesn't work/does work, I'll reply.

Proud to say, it works! Now, all I need to do with the chain-link fence is to make a new Cameo.

I used this Video

for a tutorial. But it didn't work. I will try again but if it doesn't work/does work, I'll reply.

The only mistake he made is that you need to open art.ini only if you don't have YR. Otherwise, use artmd.ini. It's a good tutorial.

Then the tutorial won't help since nobody really uses TibEd for more than simple edits. Not that adding a cameo is difficult though...

What program do I use for build-up and build-down (Sold) animations? I really want to make my mod look very interesting but if I can't sell Oil Derricks, Hospitals, Etc., then it will look just bad.

Also, when I finally got my Chain-Link fence to work, it itsn't available for building on campaign except for missions where you don't get already-built base, just a MCV to start basing.

OS SHP Builder.

However, build-up animations are a lot of work, it'd be a lot easier to just google search for the one you need.

Appearently, it'll be easier for me (I don't trust other people's build animations, could contain a bad file.) to start using SHP Builder. If you got any known Tutorials for SHP or you can help me start, it'll be appreciated.

To start off, I want to start making Build-up animations. But I do not know where to go first off. SO bear with me.

You can expect a build-up animation to take upwards of five hours of steady work, unless you want it to look like fecal vomit as I've seen from some so-called artists.

Basically you open up the building's base image and grab a copy of what it is going to look like finished. Then you create a new animation with about 30 frames and paste your finished image on frame 15. From there, you work backward, collapsing the building down into nothing by the time you reach frame 1. Frames 16-30 are your shadow frames.

OS SHP Builder is not a particularly fantastic graphics program however, and you may want to do some of your work in another, more functional, program.

Regardless of how you choose to do it, it is not going to be easy and no one is going to be there to hold your hand.

Appearently, it'll be easier for me (I don't trust other people's build animations, could contain a bad file.)

If they were containing bad files, they wouldn't be uploaded to RA2 resource sites, now would they?

If they were containing bad files, they wouldn't be uploaded to RA2 resource sites, now would they?

I ment as in, a file containing a virus.