Sign in to follow this  
Commander A9

Renegade Reborn ideas, bugs, suggestions

hey guys. i just tried out the renegade reborn mod, and i must say, im very impressed. there are some things i found though.

bugs:

1. gates open for both sides

2. the gdi barracks seems to freeze vehicles upon contact. players complain about getting "stuck"

3. disruptors cannot scale the small hill of the right gdi base entrance in ultimate canyon

4. ultimate canyon also has that weird gdi tiberium refinery problem, which was already addressed

5. touching a frozen harvester with an orca fighter makes the harvester disappear, never to be rebuilt

6. there are "custom" infantry soldiers that are not created, with a warning mentioned "factory unavailable"

7. if you modify the skirmish technical file to cycle maps for multiplayer practice, "Ex: MapName00=C&C_dustland," the first will load fine, but the next in the cycle will drop you into an endless blue field, and you will keep falling.

8. only eight vehicles can be produced at a time for one side. i thought the original renegade could hold more

9. shoulnt the orca fighter have a nose-mounted machine gun, like the orca bomber?

10. gdi's base in icetiles has no SAM Tower. how will they defend themselves againt air attacks? Nod has a SAM, to my knowledge

11. the obelisk of light could use an acuracy upgrade, especially against infantry, and it seems to fully charge when targeting an enemy in plain site but not fire on occassion.

12. Nods SAM Site fires upon the Mammoth MK II, targeting its head

13. Vehicle missiles and stationary defense targets the feet of the Mammoth MK II, not the body

14. my nod recon bike gets stuck when trying to climb up a nod helipad

15. i think the C4 should do more damage to buildings. Usually, it took two timed C4's and a remote from a technician to take down a structure in the original renegade. but 2 of eahc still didnt do nearly enough (ghoststalker). i had to use his rail gun to destroy the rest of the building.

I have some suggesstions as well

1. id love to see mutants made available for both sides to control, and i mean like the sergeants, the female soldiers, and rocket troops, like from the original TS.

2. is there a plan to release the orca carryall, or the orca dropship, or the medic?

3. maybe aircraft should have a limited supply of ammo, thus they would have to return to the helipads, thus making the helipad serve some sort of purpose other than having them just be a requirement for building aircraft.

that's all for now

Reborn is bound to be full of bugs, its still beta and by no means finished.

Nothing against Reborn but Renegade Alert is a better experience.

im aware, just letting people know, doing my part as a player.

one more thing i found, there's some glitches with tick tanks removing deployed nuke beacons as they deploy on top of them. and deploying/undeploying tick tank kicks player out of the vehicle in the process. the juggernaut kicks people out and kills them as well.

do you mean you told them, or they flamed you?

Guest Honor_4Life
Tiberain Sun would probly be one of the best renegades if they fixed all the bugs in the game and improved the men and maps. :evil: Ive been waiting for some new updates for the game but there hasnt been any yet. They need to FINISH what they started i think :evil:

Guest Honor_4Life

O ya and Reborn would be #1 if they just fixed all the problems on the game! :evil: [/i]

gentlemen, these people do have lives. their lives,. unlike ours, do not revolve around C&C. give them time. the payout will be gret if we let them do their jobs, i assure you.

hey, honor. where'd you find that eagle symbol?

Guest Honor_4Life

Well i got it off the game disc for the old Tiverain Sun game. You know the icons right. Well that is what it is. And i have GDI and NOD symbols together. :twisted:

...i meant the URL, i got mine from Westwood Tiberian Sun site.

Well you could download the theme pack from the Official Tiberian Sun site. It might be on CNCNZ though.

Lol, someone not a million miles away from here seems to have a real grudge against Reborn...

Meh, I found out about it after I downloaded RenAlert. It sounds interesting, but I tihnk i'll give it a miss for now.

Your giving Renegade Alert a miss :shock:

Incase you didn't know Aircraftkiller is one the of main contributors to Renegade Alert, as in the brains the behind the entire mod!

No no no no no, I'm giving Reborn a miss!

Did you just miss all the posts I made trumpeting Ren Alert?

give reborn a try. if you love TS youll love Reborn.

the graphics suck, the units are microscopic, and its just all around not a great game. the original C&C had better graphics than TS.

im gonna do the same too. TS got 1999 game of the year man.