Nyerguds

Translation stuff

Another addition to the change log:

The "GDI" and "NOD" prefixes before missions in the New Missions menu are no longer hardcoded in the game, meaning they can now be modified by language packs and mods.

Note that I keep the "CURRENT TODO LIST" in the original post updated, so it's worth checking out to see what still needs to be done.

Q: I don't like the high resolution... is it possible to switch back?

A: Natürlich. Mit dem Einstellungsprogramm CCConfig.exe kannst du zu einer beliebigen Auflösung wechseln, solange sie nicht kleiner als die ursprüngliche 640x400 ist.

Q: I have a monitor which can't switch to 1024x768, but does have a 1024-pixel wide video mode with a different height. Can I still play in high-res, in the video mode my monitor can use?

A: Ja! Du kannst CCConfig.exe verwenden um jede gewünschte Auflösung einzustellen.

Q: Nach der Installation des Patches werden die Spielstände "saveg_hi.###" nicht mehr angezeigt!

A: Beginnend mit 1.06c Revision 2 verwenden alle Spielstände wieder das Namensschema "savegame.###" (### ist eine Nummer von 000 bis 999). Die älteren Versionen von 1.06 verwendeten das Format "saveg_hi.###" für hohe Auflösungen, aber da 1.06c Revision 2 Spielstände von allen Auflösungen laden kann, war dies nicht mehr nötig. Der Installer sollte jedoch alle Hi-Res-Spielstände bei der Installation wieder in den Originalnamen umbenennen.

For the installer information:

Der Patch 1.06c Revision 2 erlaubt es dir, die Spielauflösung nach Belieben zu ändern. Beachte, dass geringfügige Grafikfehler auf Karten auftreten können, deren Kartengröße kleiner als die Auflösung ist. Jedwene Grafikfehler sollten nach dem Öffnen und Schließen des Optionenmenüs im Spiel verschwinden. Ähnliche Fehler sind zu beobachten, wenn eine Mission geladen wird, die in einer anderen Auflösung gespeichert wurde; diese werden durch das Öffen des Seitenmenüs behoben.

Another addition to the change log:

DIe Prefixe "GDI" und "NOD" vor den Missionen im Menü Neue Missionen sind nicht mehr fest im Spiel einprogrammiert, das heißt, sie können nun durch Sprachpakete und Mods verändert werden.

----

The English change log string is missing an "n":[...]meaning they can ow be modified[...]

Edited by AlexB

The English change log string is missing an "n":[...]meaning they can ow be modified[...]

Ah, oops, thanks for noticing ;)

The "GDI" and "NOD" prefixes before missions in the New Missions menu are no longer hardcoded in the game, meaning they can now be modified by language packs and mods.

Les préfixes "GDI" et "NOD" devant les missions du menu Nouvelles Missions ne sont plus encodés en dur dans le jeu, ce qui signifie qu'ils peuvent maintenant être modifiés par les packs de langues et les mods.

Oh right, Pichorra tricked me into doing another last-minute mission update :P

scb30ea.ini (N64 Special Ops Nod #2): Removed the tiberium in the upper right corner, because it prevented the AI harvesters from working correctly

(they got stuck trying to get on a cliff because there was tiberium behind it, and it was too far to find their way around. See this pic, above the Tech Center -_-)

Suppression du tibérium dans le coin supérieur droit, car il empêchait les moissonneuses de l'IA de fonctionner correctement.

Thanks! They're called "collecteurs" in the French game though.

Tiberium in der oberen rechten Ecke entfernt, da es verhinderte, dass die Sammler der KI richtig funktionieren

Edited by AlexB

Thanks! They're called "collecteurs" in the French game though.

Right, moissonneuse is for Dune XD

I kept the word, it's an old habit of mine, sorry ^^'

Edited by Kamikave

Another string I had forgotten, concerning the minicampaigns system:

(translate completely, add the bold as I added it)

Warning: Because of the way file names are saved in the game's .mix archives, the system that reads these files has problems with names that are only 2 letters different from each other. This problem has caused the addon campaign missions beyong the EA one to show up on the real list as different number, as if they are EA missions. Because of this, it is strongly advised to only use numbers below 100 and above 899 for addon campaigns.

And for the site:

Go to the development forum of the patch

Go to the ModDB page of the patch

Complete No-CD game installation pack (v1.06c r2, no videos, all music included)

N3tRunn3r's 6-player map pack (frequently used by CnCNet players)

Upgrade websites:

These are the websites of the upgrades used in the 1.06c patch. They might update more than the patch, so make sure you get the latest version:

CnC-DDraw - C&C95/RA95 windowed mode and advanced graphics options patch, created by hifi.

CnCNet - Allows C&C95/RA95/TS/RA2 online play, though the game's LAN function.

Language add-ons:

[spanish/Portuguese/British] language pack for C&C95 v1.06c - translations done by XXX

Download mirrors:

Attention : À cause de la façon dont les noms de fichier sont sauvegardés dans les achives .mix du jeu, le système qui lit ces fichiers a des soucis avec les noms qui diffèrent de seulement 2 lettres. Ce problème fait que les missions de campagne additionnelle au delà des missions EA apparaissent dans la vrai liste avec un nombre différent, comme si elles étaient des missions EA. C'est pour cela qu'il est fortement recommandé d'utiliser uniquement des nombres inférieurs à 100 et supérieurs à 899.

And for the site:

Aller sur le forum de développement du patch

Aller sur la page ModDB du patch

Pack d'installation complet du jeu avec No-CD (v1.06c r2, pas de vidéos, toutes les musiques incluses)

Pack de cartes 6 joueurs de N3tRunn3r (fréquemment utilisé par les joueurs CnCNet)

Sites d'améliorations :

Ce sont les sites des améliorations utilisées dans le patch 1.06c. Ils peuvent être mis à jour plus souvent que le patch alors assurez-vous d'avoir la dernière version :

CnC-DDraw - Patch d'options graphiques avancées et mode fenêtre pour C&C95/AR95, créé par hifi.

CnCNet - Permet le jeu en ligne pour C&C95/AR95/SdT/AR2 via la fonction LAN du jeu.

Add-ons de langues :

XXX Pack de langue pour C&C95 v1.06c - Traduction faite par XXX

Miroirs de téléchargement :

Not sure I got the minicampaign stuff right, since I don't really understand what it refers to. I translated literally. Tell me if it sounds good to you.

Well, not sure if you're familiar with my minicampaigns system (well, "addon campaigns system", but I usually say minicampaigns), but basially it takes the -EB, -EC -ED etc alternates of a mission and uses them as next missions in a row, for missions launched from the New Missions menu (so, #20 or higher). The menu only shows the missions ending on -EA.

The problem: when a filename is saved in a mixfile, it doesn't save the real filename. The filename is encoded to a 4-byte number (the "name ID"; sort of like MD5 hashing, if you know that) that is saved in the mixfile. The algorithm the game uses for that is not very good though, and with filenames that are very similar in name, like missions, sometimes the ID is the same for multiple files (see this post for the research).

Here you see, for example, for all possible missions in the addon campaign range for GDI mission #207, the other mission filenames that would produce the same name IDs:

bug-mission_name_conflicts.png

As you see, even the original SCG207EA.ini has a duplicate (SCG107EC.ini), making it impossible to add even one additional mission to the 107 range, since after it plays its own valid EA and EB missions, it would try to load SCG107EC.ini, but since the system can't see the difference it could end up with loading SCG207EA.ini.

Since you can't save 2 files with the same name ID into one mixfile, this obviously also means it would be impossible to try to pack these missions SCG207EA.ini and SCG107EC.ini into one mixfile. This is actually how I found the problem, when adding the Funpark minicampaign (I had to change the naming system from EA-EB-EC-ED-EL to EA-EB-EC-ED-EE to prevent it from mixing up even between GDI and Nod missions).

This problem makes it impossible to reliably use the minicampaigns system on the mission numbers from 100 to 899. On the ranges 0-99 and 900-999 it doesn't cause problems though, so they can be used safely.

Overall, your translation of the message seems OK to me :)

[edit]

The XXX in the language pack thing was supposed to be the language to fill in. I made it more clear now :P

Achtung: Durch die Weise wie Dateinamen in den Mix-Dateien des Spiels gespeichert werden hat das System beim Einlesen Probleme, wenn sich die Namen nur in zwei Zeichen unterscheiden. Dieses Problem verursacht, dass Minikampagnenmissionen nach EA in der Liste unter einer anderen Nummer auftauchen können, als wären sie EA-Missionen. Deshalb wird strengstens empfohlen, nur Nummern unter 100 oder über 899 für neue Kampagnen zu verwenden.

Das Entwicklungsforum des Patches besuchen

Die ModDB-Seite des Patches besuchen

Vollständiges No-CD Spiel-Installationspaket (v1.06c r2, keine Videos, Musik ist enthalten)

N3tRunn3rs 6-Spieler-Map-Pack (häufig von CnCNet-Spielern benutzt)

Upgrade-Websites:

Dies sind die Webseiten der im 1.06c-Patch verwendeten Upgrades. Sie könnten mehr verändern als dieser Patch, also stelle sicher die neueste Version zu haben:

CnC-DDraw - C&C95/RA95-Patch für Fenstermodus und erweiterte Grafikoptionen, erstellt von hifi.

CnCNet - Ermöglicht C&C95/RA95/TS/RA2-Onlinespiel über die LAN-Funktion des Spiels.

Spracherweiterungen:

[spanisches/Portugiesisches/Britisches/Polnisches/Kroatisches] Sprachpaket für C&C95 v1.06c - übersetzt von XXX

Alternativer Download:

Mokay, I don't fully understand it, but I got the idea. I will leave the translation as it is then, it's fine. As for the XXX I knew it was for the language, but I misunderstood how you intended to present it. I thought it would be something like :

French :Pack de langue pour C&C95 v1.06c - Traduction faite par XXX

But If you want a phrase, here it is :

Pack de langue en [insert language] pour C&C95 v1.06c - Traduction faite par XXX

Edited by Kamikave

Yaay! whew, thank goodness you still showed up AlexB, I was kinda stressing here :D

Kamikave: Ah, thanks for that. I had done it myself, but it's good to see how it should be done correctly (I forgot the "en");)

I kinda also need "go to the patch FAQ" (in German anyway, wasn't hard in French) :P

Looks like you posted only moments after I've been here. Bad timing. ^_^

Congrats on the release! :)

edit: The FAQ link translation is correct as it is.

Edited by AlexB

You forgot these lines on the french site :P

Savegame packs for high resolution (These have not yet been adapted to 1.06c. Restart all missions after loading the samegames

to avoid problems)

Packs de sauvegardes pour haute résolution (Elles n'ont pas encore été adapté à la version 1.06c. Redémarrez toutes les missions après le chargement des sauvegardes pour éviter tout problème)

Command & Conquer winDOwS mod v1.2 (0.26 MB) - DOS C&C user interface mod pour C&C95, creé par Pichorra

Command & Conquer winDOwS mod v1.2 (0.26 MB) - Mod d'interface de C&C version DOS pour C&C95, creé par Pichorra

PS : development topic

1.06c revision 2: (coming soon) << you can remove the coming soon now ^_^

Kamikave: I think you need to clear your browser's cache and refresh that page. None of that stuff (well besides the WinDOwS mod of course) is there anymore.

Also, There ARE no hi-res savegames anymore. All savegames now work on all resolutions, and I spent half an hour yesterday restarting and resaving all savegames to update them to 1.06c.

Thanks for the correction of the WinDOwS mod thing though. That was done reeeeally last-minute, and I couldn't be bothered translating it completely.

I cleared the cache, and refreshed the page numerous times, it's still there. Only on the french page.

Weird. It's been online since 6:00 this morning.

I got another item to add to the FAQ.

Q: Does this work on The First Decade?

A: Yes, it does. It works on all PC versions of C&C95. That includes The First Decade, the C&C95 ISOs which EA has released and the original CDs.

(this is pretty much the same thing that's already on the site, but I want it added to the FAQ since people keep asking)

Q: Funktioniert dies mit Die ersten 10 Jahre?

A: Ja, es funktioniert mit allen PC-Versionen von C&C95. Dies beinhaltet Die ersten 10 Jahre, die von EA veröffentlichen ISOs und die ursprünglichen CDs.

Q: Est-ce que ça marche avec The First Decade ?

A: Oui, ça marche. Cela fonctionne avec toutes les versions PC de C&C95. Cela comprend The First Decade, les ISOs de C&C95 sorties par EA et les CD originaux.

Awesome, thanks guys :)

Now I can finally say "RTFM" "It's in the FAQ" whenever someone asks me that again :)

I cleared the cache, and refreshed the page numerous times, it's still there. Only on the french page.

Ahh, sorry, I misread that, and thought you meant on the English page. I fixed it all now.

Hi guys, my post in this thread: Thanks !!

Yeah, you've been absolutely amazing. Couldn't have release this without you guys :)

On to revision 2... a CCConfig string (so you can translate it too, Pichorra... and Traymen and Devils)

limit_frame_rate=Limit frame rate\n(helps to fix the fast scroll bug)

This will come under "adjust mouse sensitivity" on the UI, so to test if it fits you can replace the adjust_mouse_sensitivity string. If there's not enough space, use an extra line break; there's enough space.