Sign in to follow this  
Gresh1234

How to make graphics for TibEd

I want to make a commando like the one of CNC Tib Dawn :cc: in Tib Sun :ts: but i wanna make it fit in the theme, so, :huh: what i can do?

I have TibEd 1.17

Do you need help with the coding or the unit's looks? :unsure:

For the looks, you'll need to use OS SHP Editor, a Paint-style program, and make one from scratch or use another infantry unit and reskin it.

For the coding, I've used TibEd 1.71, the latest freeware version compatible with Tiberian Sun.

Okay, open TibEd and select "C&C Tiberian Sun with Firestorm (English)." Go to the Rules.ini section and open "Infantry".

You'll see a list of all soldier in Tiberian Sun. Below that you'll see an "Add" button. Click on it, select "Copy from existing item", choose "Mutant Sergeant - 20 (MUTANT3)", and below in the "Identifier" section type CMMDO. Click Add, then OK.

Click on CMMDO in the unit list. You can now change his variables to the right as you please, but these are the most important: the "Name" variable should be set to "Commando" (without quotation marks), "TechLevel" should be 7 at least, "Prerequisites" should be "BARRACKS,TECH" (without quotation marks) to make it buildable only when you have a Barracks and Tech Center, regardless of faction, and "Image" should be left completely empty (that is, erase "MUTANT3") if you decide to use OS SHP Builder, but for the time being, leave it as it is.

If you have any questions or problems, don't hesitate to ask.

What is the regular size of a TS :ts: infantry unit? and, where are located the SHP's of TS :ts: ? :huh:

I don't know the sizes, so it's best to make one in comparison with existing units. They are located in (your TS directory)\tibsun.mix\conquer.mix and (your TS directory)\expand01.mix\conquer.mix. You can access MIX archives with XCC Mixer, found in the XCC Utilities pack.

While intended for RA2/YR, you might want to pay a visit to this page as many of these tools work for both generations, including XCC Utilities, OS SHP Builder, Voxel Section Editor, and OS HVA Builder.