Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rabbit

Well, this ain't official news... yet.

Guest Rabbit

But, the bracket game is closed, with Yuri's Revenge and Zero Hour in a tie.

EA_Cire is quoted for saying this:

Well, i had some time to think about it and there can be only one answer to this:

Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge and Generals: Zero Hour are the winner of our little game. There is no right or wrong, both games are just two great C&Cs that a lot of our community members like.

Now it's time to throw both games into a mixer to see if we can create a great Generals: Yuri's Revenge. Oh nooooooo, i gave our mystery away :D

Now, for those of you who don't get jokes (I'm looking at you, buddy), he obviously isn't serious that they were waiting for the polls to finish before working on their next game, but, this does suggest to me that they were waiting for the results to make some sort of announcement on what their next game will be all about.

Accordingly, Cire has also mentioned he will likely post a 'reaction' of sorts to the polls on Monday or Tuesday, Los Angeles time, at which point our own more official news post will follow, but until then, what do you guys think?

Nothing to much to add really. I don't think the bracket game has much to do with how the next C&C will shape up.

Also, this should be in the Gaming Discussion forum I think ;)

Guest Rabbit

Well the gaming discussion is technically labelled as "non-C&C" games.

There's literally no forum for just 'general' C&C discussion, because it's so rare that we have it. :P

... well it could have gone in the un-annouced game forums seince that is the likely discussion following this comment... but was the actual count actually posted. Seems strange that it was an actual tie?

Guest Stevie_K

So was it called a tie, or was it actually a tie? Because that would be a bit hard to imagine. :P

Guest Stevie_K
A tie? lol. :P

yeah:

congruent%20tie%20eric%20glennie.jpg

Guest Rabbit

Appanrently the numbers were uneven (with Yuri's Revenge in the lead), but when EA_Cire ran a script to delete votes by bots or people who registered blank accounts just to vote, this was the final result.

Mmmm... ties, authentic Croatian inventions B)

Jokes aside...

Accordingly, Cire has also mentioned he will likely post a 'reaction' of sorts to the polls on Monday or Tuesday, Los Angeles time, at which point our own more official news post will follow, but until then, what do you guys think?

Waiting for a bracket game ending to make an announcement of any kind is lame even for EA.

Waiting for a bracket game ending to make an announcement of any kind is lame even for EA.

I disagree. I think it's sort of creative.

I disagree. I think it's sort of creative.

Maybe, but they're a bit late with that. (assuming that they will announce something, that is)

They're late with everything, so I welcome everything they have for us :P

Good point.

Anyway, rumours tell that it will possibly be announced at GamesCom. EA will have their say tomorrow at 4 PM CET, with a live broadcast here. Keep your fingers crossed.

Btw: Generals: Yuri's Revenge is of course a fake - come on guys, that will probably never ever happen ;)

This is void by this statement.

Guest Rabbit

Yep, you're the one I was looking at.