hifi

cnc-plugin - stuffin' C&C in your browser

IE not being supported is not a feature. It's actually called "being lazy." I can't support this until the creator gets off his anti-IE high horse.

Have to agree with DD on this. Arrogant narcissistic morons People constantly moaning about how IE is the devil isn't a real browser tends to get pretty wearisome.

IE not being supported is not a feature. It's actually called "being lazy." I can't support this until the creator gets off his anti-IE high horse.

The Ares download site doesn't support IE either. :rolleyes:

Wtf, have you ever written a browser plugin? Everyone else agree on the same NPAPI interface but Microsoft has it's own ActiveX thingy. It's not something like HTML and CSS when you can work around some bugs. Supporting IE means writing a completely new plugin for it. Thanks for being so damn supportive for many wasted nights of coding.

You apparently know a lot about emulating DirectDraw and how to encapsulate a whole game inside a plugin, why don't you do it? It's all open source, naturally.

First you try to sell me a complete framework which is written in the wrong language, most probably hide the required details for my plugin to work.

The latter might work, but was it so necessary to call me lazy and insult my hard work to which I poured my soul trying to contribute something awesome? Again it might not work taken the details of my plugins inners into account.

Yes, I troll around all the time because I don't want to be so serious, but calling me lazy for something *I did* out of my free time I do not accept.

Oh ****, hifi laying down le hammer!

Oh ****, hifi laying down le hammer!

Trolololololololol! ... By the way, I agree with hifi... Microsoft have it's own lazy plugin-system (activeX)... As far i know, they are so way differents. Just stop blaming the CnCNet v2 Mainly programmer, CnC-DDraw creator, and this awesome (but unuseless) thing.

Guest Rabbit

Hey guys, I've played C&C too! Nice to meet you. :)

Yes, I troll around all the time because I don't want to be so serious, but calling me lazy for something *I did* out of my free time I do not accept.

Guess what? I do everything out of my free time too. Guess what else? I support everything in the process.

Also. I don't give a ****.

Rich%20Fu.png

Wow, that was harsh.

Wow, that was harsh.

Let me get this straight: you said hifi was laying down the metaphorical hammer by implying I didn't know **** and then you label me harsh for pointing out the fallacy in his argument. I see how it is.

Rich%20Fu.png

[EDIT] I would be more impressed if the creator spent time on ActiveX. But that's just me.

Guess what? I do everything out of my free time too. Guess what else? I support everything in the process.

Also. I don't give a ****.

Rich%20Fu.png

Though, I just don't see any reason why you contribute to this thread if you don't just give a ****. Go do something you like instead?

The overall hostility of you against my project is absurd. I already changed the status of IE to TODO. Correct (free) documentation of the API is hard to find or even any description how the hell it works (ActiveX). I only find some MFC docs and examples which don't really help when I'm developing in C where I need to implement a COM class by hand like cnc-ddraw.

EDIT:

Adding to that is that why I must go the hard route for everything is that my development environment is Mingw32 on Linux (that is by my choice and preference) so just pressing a nice "Create me an ActiveX object with code skeleton using MFC" from MSVC doesn't cut it. That also doesn't tell me how it works internally which is what I'm more interested in than C++ template abstraction.

You were good at googling before, find me some real docs and I'll give you your damn ActiveX plugin. C skeleton code would be the best tbh, I just need a HWND to work with.

Edited by hifi

Perhaps this is a good start. Has some examples, though you will likely need VC++ Express. Since ActiveX is solely Microsoft-based, using Windows specific code will not hurt any since it only runs on Windows to begin with. This guy wrote a series of articles for COM in plain C. ActiveX is directly related to the COM so it should be beneficial. Maybe this as well.

Not exactly an example, but it discusses the hWnd property, and, while not verbose, may prove useful. Not sure if this is exactly what you need, but it seems to be relating to the issue.

I must inform you that my hostility was not the project, but the apparent anti-IE stance, which I find trite and annoying. However, I will grant that ActiveX is incredibly annoying and Microsoft should just use NPAPI like everyone else.

Rich%20Fu.png

DUDE FIREFOX SUCKS. IE8 IS SO MUCH BETTER. So yah, make a ie version PLZZZZZZZ

Perhaps this is a good start. Has some examples, though you will likely need VC++ Express. Since ActiveX is solely Microsoft-based, using Windows specific code will not hurt any since it only runs on Windows to begin with. This guy wrote a series of articles for COM in plain C. ActiveX is directly related to the COM so it should be beneficial. Maybe this as well.

Unfortunately the Express edition does not support MFC so I couldn't even compile a simple test plugin to begin with. What I need is to know what COM interfaces I need to implement and how I expose them to the browser with the dll. Need to Google more I guess. It has not been made easy :P

Not exactly an example, but it discusses the hWnd property, and, while not verbose, may prove useful. Not sure if this is exactly what you need, but it seems to be relating to the issue.

Was just referring to ActiveX that when I get the window HWND I can pass it to cnc-ddraw and everything just works itself out like it does with the NPAPI version as the plugin itself is just a proxy.

I must inform you that my hostility was not the project, but the apparent anti-IE stance, which I find trite and annoying. However, I will grant that ActiveX is incredibly annoying and Microsoft should just use NPAPI like everyone else.

Rich%20Fu.png

I admit my jokingly anti-IE stance might have been provoking but I can assure you it was half joke and half anti-ActiveX (and not IE). IE9 has proven to be a fine browser, only the plugin API still sucks as does NPAPI too, the documentation for it was crap but available.

DUDE FIREFOX SUCKS. IE8 IS SO MUCH BETTER. So yah, make a ie version PLZZZZZZZ

Yes it does, thats why I made a Chrome extension. It also works on Opera and other NPAPI supporting browsers that I forgot.