RainXc

Preview of C&C Fjords for Renegade

CNCNZ.com was invited earlier this week to try out a new C&C Renegade map, C&C Fjords. The map runs on Tiberian Technologies' Scripts 4.0 and is made by Aircraftkiller, an ex-Red Alert: A Path Beyond developer.

m63GN.png AQdfy.png daLm0.png

We were able to ask Aircraftkiller a few questions about his latest map:

So why are you making this?

I wanted to make a final present to the Renegade community. Something to give back to the community.

The map is still work in progress?

Yes, but it's mostly complete. There's some extra balancing and some minor tweaking left to do at this point.

The map reminds me of a cancelled C&C Renegade mod called C&C Brotherhood

Those are old photos huh? It looks interesting. A shame that they stopped working on it. But yes, my map is meant to make Renegade feel more Tiberian Dawn-ish. Some of the units like the Mammoth tanks looks like the one from Tiberian Dawn.

Are you going to make everything look like Tiberian Dawn?

Well you might see it eventually. I was building the TD models to 99% accuracy back in 2007. I have the Weapons Factory, Helipad, Power Plant, Advanced Power Plant, Repair Facility models still on my computer. But it would take a lot of work setting them up for Fjord.

Learn more about the C&C Fjords map right here.

This has got to be the most detailed Renegade map I've seen. I've been able to test this with Aircraftkiller and I can't wait to see what this is like with a full game. Everyone needs to play this.

I wanna play this map so bad. I just played Renegade for the first time in a long time a few days ago, nostalgia kicked in so hard.

I wanna play this map so bad. I just played Renegade for the first time in a long time a few days ago, nostalgia kicked in so hard.

You'll love this map then. Scripts 4.0 does make alot of changes though, so it may not be what you expect.

This map is awesome !!

So why are you making this?

I wanted to make a final present to the Renegade community. Something to give back to the community.

I just hope Aircraftkiller isnt your final present, you done so nice with this Fjords map, ren need You :-)

Edited by cudaker

I guess the only appropriate comment here is "Welcome back, Commander."

:)