Sign in to follow this  
kukris

How to create a full install of Red Alert with Addons?

Hi,

how can I make a full installation of Red Alert and its two expansions Counterstrike and Aftermath?

By full installation I mean:

- Movies and Music for Red Alert

- Movies and Music for Counterstrike and Aftermath

- Play it without any CD (full content on harddisk) under Windows XP

- Latest patch

I tried the Red Alert Manager v0.98 which removes the CD check for Red Alert, but not for its expansions Counterstrike and Aftermath.

Also there are no movies .

Is that possible (similiar to Command & Conquer Gold unofficial patch by Nyerguds) or has anyone a guide to do that?

Thanks Plokite_Wolf,

I already did that, but that does not remove the CD checks (or ISOs for that matter) and as far as I know the movies won't be copied.

Well you can get it all from here: http://redalert1.com/ <- that wont work on XWIS/WOL though and the ant mission cinematics are missing. :/

I already did that, but that does not remove the CD checks (or ISOs for that matter) and as far as I know the movies won't be copied.

The movies will be read from the discs/ISOs properly... :rolleyes:

I'd recommend FullRA+, but it seems everyone ditched all mirrors.

You can get FullRA+ from here. But as far as I can remember FullRA+ can't read movies and has that funny WOL registration bug.

But as far as I can remember FullRA+

That's because it has a weird movies.mix that can't be stuffed with anything. I created a new one from scratch with the original RA1 and Ant Mission cutscenes, it works flawlessly.

WOL registration - :haha: You can surely play it with CnCNet or Tunngle or Hamachi (as the installer comes with the optional LAN fix)

Thank you all.

I stick with the version from Tore. Then you add "The Lost Files" you have also the cinematics from the two addons.

The only two draw backs here are that you have to use another exe to play the addons with full content and the CD checks are not removed.

[...] and the CD checks are not removed.

Sure they are. TLF contains 2 exe files - just use the TFD version for NoCD mode.

btw, for 64-bit systems, the basic installer on the CD won't work. which is why I figured out a way to install without it:

http://www.commandandconquer.com/forums/sh...-64-bit-systems

1. Create a folder on your hard disk where you want to install the game.
  2. Copy the complete contents of the INSTALL folder of the game's CD (Allied or Soviet, doesn't matter which one) to that folder you made on your hard disk.
  3. Download and run the Red Alert v3.03 installer. When it asks for a folder to install in, point it to the folder in which you copied the CD files.

Since the expansions are just registry options to the v3.03 game, there's no need to install them. In fact, I simply made them into 2 options you can enable in the installer.

Mind you, this has no noCD either. The installer contains a noCD exe, but only adds it if it detects TFD, since there's no easy way to check if a RA install is NoCD-complete, and the patch was never made to produce a nocd-capable game install anyway. Feel free to browse through the installer's source files to get the no-cd version of ra95.dat though.

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cncstu...03installer.rar

While this is already an older topic the question remains for me... I also want all movies & music tracks available for Red Alert plus both AddOns + TLF pack. How can I get the movies to play. Do I need to copy all movies from the different cds into one mix. file with XCC mix Editor or so?

I can't really remember how I did it in the past.

Also what is in your opinion the best and fastest and safest way to install Red Alert (64bit) these days? Shall I use this fullra or rather go for Nyerguds approach or any other?

It seems there are several download & installer packs, patches available for Red Alert. It's a bit overwhelming if somebody like me hasn't played Red Alert1 in a while.

Edited by 23-down

get the game from http://redalert1.com , if you dont have a rapidshare account and the download of the movies takes to long then download the original cd from ea and copy the main.mix from it into your 26mb version folder from redalert1.com

now go to http://redalert95.tk and download the 3mb aftermath addon and also the 199mb videos and place it in your ra folder aswell

for wol you will need this files http://redalert95.tk...wood-online.zip .. place it in your redalert folder and run REGISTER WOLAPI.BAT once with admin rights to register wol

Now u have complete redalert+music+videos+aftermath+counterstrike+wol+thelostfiles+p2 and all the other modern patches

it will run on xp/vista/7/8 32&64

DONE

Edited by FunkyFr3sh

I thank you both for your suggestions and I will try both variants out. The one that works better will stay... :)

and also the 199mb videos and place it in your ra folder aswell

199mb videos

:o

199 mb? RA has 660 mb of videos... those vids are just the TLF addon for the CS+AM movies.

:o

199 mb? RA has 660 mb of videos... those vids are just the TLF addon for the CS+AM movies.

ra videos + music from redalert1.com = 585mb

Aftermath/Countersrikte videos(tlf) + music = 199mb

Ok I've tested both variants.

The method from Sonarpulse unfortunately didn't work at all.

The variant from FunkyFr3sh works fine however there remains one little problem. The main.mix contains only the video of one side either the soviets or the allies. Now I did try to copy movies2.mix (soviets) into my allied main.mix inside my red alert folder unfortunately it gets entirely ignored. Then I tried to extract movies1&movies2.mix into the red alert main folder itself and moving main.mix outside the red alert folder. It still wont work though. Any Ideas what I can do to get both the videos from both sides working at the same time?

I know it's possible as I had it working in the past but I can't remember how I did it. At least the aftermath, counterstrike videos & regular videos unrelated to any sides are working fine so far.

Then another question. Can I implement the "TLF" extra missions into my Counterstrike, Aftermath folder somehow? Not sure how to do that in red alert1 in c&c95 it would be a lot easier.

At a guess, I imagine renaming the second movies file to "scxxxxx.mix" (where xxxxx is anything you want) should load it automatically on starting the game. For example, "scmovies.mix".

Can't say for sure though.

why would scmovies.mix work but not movies1.mix movies2.mix this doesn't seem to make sense unless all mix files with SC are getting some sort of extra priority?

Well I'll try it anyway thx. :)

oh yea, forgot about that :D if you know how to edit mix files then extract all movies from both mix files and create a new movies1.mix containing all movies from soviets and alliets and place this custom movies1.mix into your main.mix OR place that movies1.mix file directly in your redalert folder :)

Use the original 20mb main.mix from redalert1.com when u do that :)

Then another question. Can I implement the "TLF" extra missions into my Counterstrike, Aftermath folder somehow? Not sure how to do that in red alert1 in c&c95 it would be a lot easier.

Hmm, why you have an extra folder for aftermath ? You can have it all in 1 folder :)

Edited by FunkyFr3sh

Red Alert reads movies1.mix (present on the Allies disk) and movies2.mix (Soviets disk) by default. But it reads only one. If movies1.mix is found, it will not even try to load movies2.mix.

I give up it's impossible to mix all 4 packs into one. Guess it has to stay splitted up. So Ra95.exe for regular campaign videos & raAM.exe for AddOn videos.

I give up it's impossible to mix all 4 packs into one

What. I did it rather quickly myself. Might mirror it one of these days...

I give up it's impossible to mix all 4 packs into one. Guess it has to stay splitted up. So Ra95.exe for regular campaign videos & raAM.exe for AddOn videos.

yes, this is because in raAM.exe the original videos got replaced with the TLF videos :)

you can put them in one movies mix, but you still need two executables, until Arda + p-series find and standardize a new video indexing system.

Also, how exactly did my mixes "not work at all". I don't want to force them on y you, but I would like to now what the problem is so I can fix it / help others with it.