RainXc

C&C Reborn Mod to be Taken Over by Bluehell Productions?

In recent developments, the C&C Renegade mod, C&C Reborn has announced that it will be closing its forums soon. Chronojam from Bluehell Productions has invited everybody who was formerly registered on the C&C Reborn forums to register on the Bluehell Productions forums.

PzqB0.png

Bluehell Productions is known for working on two projects using the W3D engine, Red Alert: A Path beyond and Red Alert 2: Apocalypse Rising, both standalone modifications are total conversions for Command & Conquer: Renegade. Any announcements of what will become of C&C Reborn have not yet been made. You can read the official announcement here.

At the rate of their production of RA2: Apocalypse Rising, C&C Reborn will get its turn somewhere in 2025. :P

This cannot end well. From what I remember, there used to be quite a bit of fighting between the RenAlert and Reborn teams. Maybe that's changed since then.

At the rate of their production of RA2: Apocalypse Rising, C&C Reborn will get its turn somewhere in 2025. :P

RA:APB production is really slow as well. I can't see Reborn getting finished under these circumstances. They need a talent pool from which to draw from to get this done, and the C&C FPS community doesn't really have anyone who isn't already committed to another project.

Good luck convincing anyone who works on new engines to work on Renegade. I had a chat with Agent Gibson (One of the founders of Renegade Alert/RA:APB, along with L3f7H4nd3d and myself) regarding a little project I'm doing as a "sequel" to Fjords, and he wouldn't touch Renegade at all. What reason would there be to do it? Newer engines offer people like him the ability to create wonderful digital art which comes to life with their vision intact, instead of needing to sacrifice details for the sake of 1998 quality standards.

Edited by Aircraftkiller

Although Bluehell Productions in one entity, there are separate sub-teams that work on each game. A lot of us have been really busy over the summer and just haven't had the time to do much AR work. I'm back at university for my final year now and time management is going to be tough. It's just one of those things y'know.

RA:APB production is really slow as well. I can't see Reborn getting finished under these circumstances. They need a talent pool from which to draw from to get this done, and the C&C FPS community doesn't really have anyone who isn't already committed to another project.

Good luck convincing anyone who works on new engines to work on Renegade. I had a chat with Agent Gibson (One of the founders of Renegade Alert/RA:APB, along with L3f7H4nd3d and myself) regarding a little project I'm doing as a "sequel" to Fjords, and he wouldn't touch Renegade at all. What reason would there be to do it? Newer engines offer people like him the ability to create wonderful digital art which comes to life with their vision intact, instead of needing to sacrifice details for the sake of 1998 quality standards.

shhh ACK, we still love you. :rolleyes:

As for everybody else, besides the fact that alot of us are students/have full time jobs and BHP is an unpaid hobby we're currently doing alot that we're not ready to share with the public.

So although from the outside it may look like we're not producing, we really are.

I'm sorry, who are you again? I don't think we've ever met. You shouldn't be so prickly toward someone that you don't even know except beyond half-baked, second-hand information.

Now, AR may be working on things, but I know for a fact that APB production is essentially ground to a halt. You have no artists left who are getting any work done. 2.1 is the end of the line, unless you recruit more talent... At which point, you really can't keep ignoring what I say about the lack of artists in the C&C FPS community. You'd have to try convincing people to work on a 10 year old game engine instead of CryTek, UDK, BF3, etc.

Here's how that will go:

Aircraftkiller: Hey, Agent Gibson, we have a project we're doing and would like to solicit your assistance for character modeling.

Agent Gibson: I think you're still stuck in this Renegade paradigm

Aircraftkiller: Yes, I know Renegade's engine sucks and all that. But we can always take this work and port it over to UDK - just save the normals and other assorted parts until then.

Agent Gibson: I couldn't possibly if it's for Renegade.

This is a conversation, abridged version, that I had with him a few days ago. He is a top notch character artist who made the original set of characters for APB (Which is a **** ton, let me assure you) and founded the project with L3f7H4nd3d and me. His attitude is going to be the same as anyone else's. Everyone I graduated with in March will not work on anything like Renegade. They're more concerned with making money by developing games for mobile devices... Which, interestingly enough, look better than Renegade's engine.

Good luck - you're going to need all you can get.

I'm sorry, who are you again? I don't think we've ever met. You shouldn't be so prickly toward someone that you don't even know except beyond half-baked, second-hand information.

Didn't really think that the comment was that prickly tbh. You probably don't remember cfehunter from back when we were advertising on Renforums about AR a good while back. I believe you may have said a few harsh words, but we're going off topic here.

Fun fact: cfehunter is the co-founder of AR. You just don't see him often because I do most of the people-based work.

I probably did, knowing me and how I acted back then. You're good at handling PR. You don't immediately jump to insulting people who question what you're doing. That's admirable, considering some elements in "BHP" do it on a consistent basis.

Now, AR may be working on things, but I know for a fact that APB production is essentially ground to a halt. You have no artists left who are getting any work done. 2.1 is the end of the line, unless you recruit more talent... At which point, you really can't keep ignoring what I say about the lack of artists in the C&C FPS community. You'd have to try convincing people to work on a 10 year old game engine instead of CryTek, UDK, BF3, etc.

Here's how that will go:

Aircraftkiller: Hey, Agent Gibson, we have a project we're doing and would like to solicit your assistance for character modeling.

Agent Gibson: I think you're still stuck in this Renegade paradigm

Aircraftkiller: Yes, I know Renegade's engine sucks and all that. But we can always take this work and port it over to UDK - just save the normals and other assorted parts until then.

Agent Gibson: I couldn't possibly if it's for Renegade.

This is a conversation, abridged version, that I had with him a few days ago. He is a top notch character artist who made the original set of characters for APB (Which is a **** ton, let me assure you) and founded the project with L3f7H4nd3d and me. His attitude is going to be the same as anyone else's. Everyone I graduated with in March will not work on anything like Renegade. They're more concerned with making money by developing games for mobile devices... Which, interestingly enough, look better than Renegade's engine.

Good luck - you're going to need all you can get.

It's very cute how much you think you know about any thing with BHP. There is a reason why your on the other side of the door when it comes to anything to do with BHP. We have tons of things going on that will ensure that BHP will continue making enjoyable games for the C&C community. And you know its kind of funny if you ask me, for someone who spends all his time talking down about the Renegade engine but yet still decides to spend his time making maps and models for the engine to try to get BACK on a team that is heavily based off that engine. Also this is all fact and not flame. :rolleyes:

You wouldn't even be in this "door" if I didn't spend years of my life making it so that RenAlert/APB didn't die in 2003, much less having helped found the project that you enjoy working on. I do not spend "all of my time" badmouthing Renegade. I spend most of my time with my family or developing game assets. I've done more work on Fjords in four months, for a single map, than the APB team has done in over a year. I gave up trying to get "back" on "BHP" when it comes to W3D development.

This is all fact, and not insults. This is also turning into a rather nasty discussion topic - perhaps we should take this to PM or something. I'd rather not have a debate on the merits of our respective personalities and development styles on Sonic's forum.

Edited by Aircraftkiller

I have not once said anything at all that would take away from anything you've done for this community at all. You do that enough with your attitude. If anything your lack of knowledge has made you post something that actually takes away from me and my work, but I guess you'll have to wait and see how. My post was to make others know that your assumptions about BHP are misguided and are not from any kind of inside source. To everyone else reading this topic BHP does have some very big news coming soon. So be sure to keep an eye out for it :)

Edited by Wallywood
  • Downvote 1

I've always praised your work. Did you forget that discussion we had on Teamspeak a few months ago where I said I was impressed with the level of quality put into your gunshots? I took audio classes in college. I'm well aware of the amount of work that goes into developing sounds that "sound" like they should. Guns are difficult to replicate in games, and the way you did them comes out well.

Regarding inside sources, don't delude yourself. I know many people, and I hear many things. I will not name the several names involved. I make it a point to only talk about things that I'm relatively well aware of. I hate being wrong. This much should be obvious. ;-)

Good luck with this "big project" you're referring to. I'm curious to see what it is.

Ahh Wallywood... so predictable...

Good luck with Reborn, TS is my favorite and I'd love to see Reborn be improved.

I'm sorry, who are you again? I don't think we've ever met.

We haven't met exactly.

Your work on C&C mods is why I ended up modding in the first place but then you acted like a complete asshole when me and Ben(OWA) showed the first images of AR and it's kind of coloured my entire view on you ever since. :intent:

In any case we can all agree that the W3D engine is terrible. The rendering engine and netcode were bad even for the time.

Well, I must apologize for ruining your experiences in the beginning days of Renegade modding. Having a child and graduating from four years of art college has changed me for the better. I'm glad I got those experiences, since I can look back and realize in what was I was correct and incorrect about critiquing public work. In your case, it was wrong. I offer my apologies for having dealt with my mistaken ideology. Perhaps you can take the time to talk to me one on one and see if your perceptions are any different afterward?

I've always praised your work. Did you forget that discussion we had on Teamspeak a few months ago where I said I was impressed with the level of quality put into your gunshots? I took audio classes in college. I'm well aware of the amount of work that goes into developing sounds that "sound" like they should. Guns are difficult to replicate in games, and the way you did them comes out well.

Regarding inside sources, don't delude yourself. I know many people, and I hear many things. I will not name the several names involved. I make it a point to only talk about things that I'm relatively well aware of. I hate being wrong. This much should be obvious. ;-)

Good luck with this "big project" you're referring to. I'm curious to see what it is.

Well Thank you very much for the good luck and all but if your inside sources were as good as you said you would know I wasn't talking about my sounds ;)

• Downvote 1

I don't know everything that's going on, but I have a good idea. Whatever you're talking about is something I'm not aware of yet.