Sign in to follow this  
CommanderGerman

RA3 System Requirements

How much free hard drive space do I need to install :ra3: ? Also, will a laptop with the following specs be able to play it well?

Dell Inspiron N5030

3 GB RAM

Intel Pentium (2.3 GHz)

Also, do I need multiple CDs to do multiplayer...or maybe I should say multiple files, because I'm downloading it from Amazon.

Ok, last question. I am downloading it as a birthday present for my brother. Since it's a program on the computer, I can't exactly wrap it up, so how would you suggest I give it to him? I want to do something creative.

Amazon tells you the download size. It also has a minimum system requirements chart.

After you have installed the game, make or acquire an icon image that looks like a present or cake or something birthday-ish, change the shortcut icon and rename it "Birthday Present" or something similar. Tell him to click it and he will then discover what was inside.

Afterward, you can rename it and give it its proper image back again.

How much free hard drive space do I need to install :ra3: ? Also, will a laptop with the following specs be able to play it well?

Dell Inspiron N5030

3 GB RAM

Intel Pentium (2.3 GHz)

My copy, with the 1.12 patch installed, occupies 8,5 GB. (Uprising needs 6,6 GB)

The processor should be enough.... for minimum detail (unless it's dualcore, which would make medium or high detail possible)

Also, do I need multiple CDs to do multiplayer...or maybe I should say multiple files, because I'm downloading it from Amazon.

Hmmm.... If you don't intend to make great LAN parties with 10+ people, I think one disc should do OK. You can play skirmishes without the DVD in 1.12 legit version, so this shouldn't be much of a problem.

Ok, last question. I am downloading it as a birthday present for my brother. Since it's a program on the computer, I can't exactly wrap it up, so how would you suggest I give it to him? I want to do something creative.

Maybe just make him a shortcut to a folder with a mysterious name and has one image with a birthday wish done in Photoshop and another folder with RA3 in it?

Um...I noticed Windows 7's not on the list of supported OSs, but it's not on the list of unsupported either. Does anyone know if it will work on 7? The computer my brother uses is still XP so it shouldn't be a problem for him, but mine is Windows 7.

Also, when downloaded, it says, "Please insert the CD". This makes no sense, because it's downloaded. Has anyone else downloaded games from Amazon before that could explain how to do this?

RA3 works fine on my Windows 7 64-bit system so yes it works on Windows 7. And have you tried the latest update for RA3? That should make the game No DVD from what I remember.

And have you tried the latest update for RA3? That should make the game No DVD from what I remember.

From 1.00 to 1.10 you can play anything SP without the disc, and in 1.11 and 1.12 you can only play skirmishes. So something might be wrong... Does Amazon give you an ISO or something?

I played Network games and co-op online without a disc. RA3 has never needed a disc to do anything short of installing it.