Sign in to follow this  
BW199148

Application Data error while playing Custom Mission

I recently created a Custom Mission for Tiberian Dawn however when I playing it I am getting an Application Data error within five minutes of testing it. So I wonder what I have done wrong? :mellow:

I created it using CCMAP V.3.

Hi, this tool can you help a little, if it is related to INI file mistakes - see link

It's an Excel file and it's not a complete tool.

Seek for INI tab ...

Hi, this tool can you help a little, if it is related to INI file mistakes - see link

It's an Excel file and it's not a complete tool.

Seek for INI tab ...

Thanks Solo. :thumbsup:

How do you know if there are errors?

I made a back up and I took out all the scripts and seems to be working now?

Edited by BW199148

Hi BW,

Could you send the INI via PM, so I can take a look?

Have in mind that I'm not an expert, I'm just interested, maybe I can be of help.

If you put it here you might screw your future release.

Also, there is a mapmaking tutorial called "HOW TO CREATE YOUR OWN COMMAND & CONQUER MISSIONS" compiled by Nyerguds.

Here it is: http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cncstu...xt/ccmanual.txt

Things will be slow in the beginning, but it worths reading.

About the Excel:

Except those values with zero in the end of a teamtype, anything else in orange tend to have a mistake.

Add me on msn and I can tell how it works.

Edited by Solo

Hi BW,

I'm looking your SCB*.INI file right now.

Good idea not sending me the map ehehehehe.

The first thing that draw the attention is your TEAM PRODUCED parameter in the teamtypes that are set to 50. This is too huge, but more important, you gave GDI 10000 credits, a harvester (800 credits per harvest) and a barrack which means, only to produce minigunners will take a long time. Imagine the rest of the units. In practice, it will block the AI to have a strategy. This might be the problem goin'on right now.

I can't know what is your intention, but start with 2 or 3.

Teamtype VEC1 has no side (None). It's probably GDI, so you have to check that.

Check the mapmaking tutorial to use the AUTOCREATE trigger, you will probably like it.

This is it for the moment.

I should really release an update of that manual with 1.06 features included and old obsolete info removed :P

I should really release an update of that manual with 1.06 features included and old obsolete info removed :P

We could open a thread about it. Like "TD Manual". But it wouldn't be released soon. It's simply a lot of comments on every isssue that would need validation.

Harvesters gives 700 credit...

I don't think you need to reformulate the entire manual... just do small notes about the changes :P

There's obsolete stuff in there too, and stuff that only applies to DOS C&C. So I think I'll remake the entire thing as nicely formatted RTF or even HTML document.