Sign in to follow this  
Plok

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Already Pirated?

Look, video games turning up on torrent sites around the days of their release is a given. Happens with almost every game published these days. But no game is bigger in 2011 (at least in terms of sales) than Modern Warfare 3, and the tale of how it's been lifted and pirated is an interesting one.

According to a report on VentureBeat, a copy (well, half a copy) of Modern Warfare 3's PC version - not due out on shelves for another two weeks - has already made its way out of a shipping warehouse in Fresno, California and found a new home on the internet is reportedly finding new homes via pirated copies of the disc.

The same report says that investigators working for Activision, scouring for traces of the game, are now making their way across America knocking on front doors, politely asking people to either delete their copies or face a $5000 fine.

The same thing of course happened with the last game in the Modern Warfare franchise. And if you think Activision are kidding around with these investigators and threats, you should check out what happened to cdelamo815 when he tried to sell a pirated copy of Modern Warfare 2.

http://kotaku.com/5854116/report-modern-wa...company-pirated

Already? Seems like Activision is a bit clumsy there.

Silly Activision seems you have employees that don't like you. :P

Does this really matter? MW3 is mostly a MP focused game and don't you need to have a key for that?

A key to install and play the game isn't just that. You can't install and load MW3 without Steam or the Internet if that's the proper system requirement. Remember about MW2? That needed Steam in order for that game to be installed.

I don't think this act will work this time.

I hope you know that pirates have found a way to bypass Steam, so LAN is still possible.

A key to install and play the game isn't just that. You can't install and load MW3 without Steam or the Internet if that's the proper system requirement. Remember about MW2? That needed Steam in order for that game to be installed.

I don't think this act will work this time.

Do you ever think before you say anything? Seriously.

I'm not too excited about MW3 anyway, although this is a big deal for Activision.