Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Forums Upgraded to IP.Board 3

The forums have now been upgraded IP.Board 3. Many things are the same, but there is lot that is different. Please report any problems in this thread. Currently there are some things to sort out.

The Post New/Reply page doesn't appear to working correctly in Firefox. We are not sure what at this stage. IPB3 using fancy ajax effects when posting threads and reloading pages. None of this is working in Firefox.

If your stuck or lost please read the help documentation found at http://forums.cncnz....ore&module=help (the link is always at the bottom of the page).

Yep, all seems different, even after testing that hidden forum. I use FF7.0.1 and if I need some complex posting, I just use "More Reply Options". This Quick Reply-always-open thing is quite handy.

Gah, should've tested image placing in the About Me page :facepalm:

Well from own testing I'm have major problems with Firefox. This what the Post New/Reply editor looks like to me...

4UTeF.png

The only thing I see wrong there is the lack of tools like bolding, italicizing, smileys, linking etc. But that error doesn't appear to me.

Yeah that's the problem. The toolbars don't load.

My Reply options are all working. Not using Firefox though.

One thing I noticed now that there are more than a handful of threads and users is that the forum topic lists and online list are oversized, requiring more scrolling down to see everything because it is so spread out. Is there a way to kind of compress the lists a little more?

Refresh, clear your cache or something. FF7.0.1 loads it properly where I live.

Also, I see Alexa and Facebook bots running around, w00t

I didn't use all my pcs and browsers yet, but IT SEEMS to me that the fonts are changing, depending on the browser you use.

I mean the general text fonts. In the previous version it was all the same disregarding the browser you used.

Info needs confirmation...

In FF the fonts are more clear than in IE since IPB2. The font is Arial on both (was Verdana in IPB2)

I didn't use all my pcs and browsers yet, but IT SEEMS to me that the fonts are changing, depending on the browser you use.

I mean the general text fonts. In the previous version it was all the same disregarding the browser you used.

Info needs confirmation...

During our testing and rebuilding of the blue theme I decided to stick with Arial as the new font for the forum, the main site will eventually see this change as well.

The toolbars load fine for me so it must be isolated issues, or settings in your profile.

Yeah starting to think its it simply a problem with Firefox for me only, I'll solve it eventually I guess.

Yeah starting to think its it simply a problem with Firefox for me only, I'll solve it eventually I guess.

That's caused by the cookies; I've had the exact same issue when we upgraded to IPB 3.1 at Revora. Log out, delete all cookies, log back in. Voilà!

Oh wow! That fixed it. Thanks Phil :) Got sick of using Chrome. I feel "at home" when using Firefox.

What did I tell ya? :D

Posting embedded YouTube videos are now automatically turned to YouTube videos when they are linked, regardless of video size.

That could be disabled I'm fairly certain.

[EDIT] Went ahead and disabled that behavior because it can be obnoxious.

The new way to post videos is to use the Media BBCode tag. The old BBCodes are going to be removed.

I think he meant turning normal URLs into rich media URLs. So basically, you can't just link to a Youtube video without it turning into a video.

Guest Stevie_K

Slowly getting used to the new forum upgrade. It's quite nice actually.